New Duke research shows no fracking contamination in PA

Not surprising..

Even with Pro Publica and all those frauds gen'ning up a huge controversy..

Thanks to the Oscarnominated documentary “Gasland,” many people believe fracking — a process of getting natural gas out of rock — pollutes water and creates wastelands wherever it is used.

But like so many documentaries nowadays, Gasland is high on anecdote and emotion but low on science and fact.

One of the most dramatic images in “Gasland” is footage of a resident lighting his tap water with flames shooting out of the faucet.

As a journalist, I wanted to learn more, so I went to a Q&A with Gasland director Josh Fox. As I questioned him, Fox eventually admitted that he knew people could light their tap water in these areas decades before fracking came on the scene.

Read more: The truth about fracking—Phelim McAleer - NYPOST.com

Ever see an HONEST environmental documentary??

Not surprising..

Even with Pro Publica and all those frauds gen'ning up a huge controversy..

Thanks to the Oscarnominated documentary “Gasland,” many people believe fracking — a process of getting natural gas out of rock — pollutes water and creates wastelands wherever it is used.

But like so many documentaries nowadays, Gasland is high on anecdote and emotion but low on science and fact.

One of the most dramatic images in “Gasland” is footage of a resident lighting his tap water with flames shooting out of the faucet.

As a journalist, I wanted to learn more, so I went to a Q&A with Gasland director Josh Fox. As I questioned him, Fox eventually admitted that he knew people could light their tap water in these areas decades before fracking came on the scene.

Read more: The truth about fracking—Phelim McAleer - NYPOST.com

Ever see an HONEST environmental documentary??

:hellno:

no evidence of brine contamination from shale gas exploration but evidence that methane from gas wells had contaminated drinking water in Pennsylvania?

did you read your own linked article?

Brine = bad
Methane = :gives:

I hope you're one of those people that thinks methane in cancer causing, b/c I haven't ridiculed anyone in quite some time.

no evidence of brine contamination from shale gas exploration but evidence that methane from gas wells had contaminated drinking water in Pennsylvania?

Also proven false there has always been natural occurring methane in water wells,but non from well operations. I leave here the propaganda from the anti prosperity crew is mind numbing.

Brine = bad

I hope you're one of those people that thinks methane in cancer causing, b/c I haven't ridiculed anyone in quite some time.

I and many others who matter give a fuck. What about it? Unfortunately for you and your ilk, you few are in the minority on this and many other issues. Too bad so sad!!

Last edited:
Any of you "quick to judge without all the facts" here have any idea how much water is used to frack a single well? Do you know what is in the water? Clean water is precious in and of itself. Moreso than your beloved oil or gas.

Last edited:

Brine = bad

I and many others who matter give a fuck. What about it? Unfortunately for you and your ilk, you few are in the minority on this and many other issues. Too bad so sad!!

:lol:

Well sadly for you, you lack the proper information. All you have is hype and hyperbole.

Duke just crushed your feeble stance against fracking, you got nothing b/c you never had anything.

Just be happy for the jobs.

Brine = bad

Well sadly for you, you lack the proper information. All you have is hype and hyperbole.

Duke just crushed your feeble stance against fracking, you got nothing b/c you never had anything.

What do you consider "proper info?" What makes duke the final word and an expert in this field?

Last edited:

What do you consider "proper info?" What makes duke the final word and an expert in this field?

There has been no research done that has proven fracking is bad.

there's been tons of half backed research done, that is immediately discredited, though.

BUT

Duke is just another group that has proven fracking is safe.

so again

be happy for the jobs

oh and

I live here in NE PA

there's been tons of half backed research done, that is immediately discredited, though.

BUT

so again

be happy for the jobs

oh and

I live here in NE PA

I love how you radical con's cherry pick what you will answer or not. What's in the water? How much water is used to frack a single well? If what they are using is safe in drinking water why then did they need to skirt the laws/rules of the Clean Water Act?

BUT

so again

be happy for the jobs

oh and

I live here in NE PA

I love how you radical con's cherry pick what you will answer or not. What's in the water? How much water is used to frack a single well? If what they are using is safe in drinking water why then did they need to skirt the laws/rules of the Clean Water Act?

No laws were broken.
Our water is not in danger, as DUKE has proven.

and now you are just clinging to straws.

Why do you want people to be unemployed?

you radical progs hate working people, why is that?

BUT

so again

be happy for the jobs

oh and

I live here in NE PA

No laws were broken.
Our water is not in danger, as DUKE has proven.

and now you are just clinging to straws.

Why do you want people to be unemployed?

you radical progs hate working people, why is that?

...and yet you still refuse to answer!:clap2: Who creates the laws, the upper 1% or the lower 99%?

Forum List

Back