New Duke research shows no fracking contamination in PA

I love how you radical con's cherry pick what you will answer or not. What's in the water? How much water is used to frack a single well? If what they are using is safe in drinking water why then did they need to skirt the laws/rules of the Clean Water Act?

No laws were broken.
Our water is not in danger, as DUKE has proven.

and now you are just clinging to straws.

Why do you want people to be unemployed?

you radical progs hate working people, why is that?

...and yet you still refuse to answer!:clap2: Who creates the laws, the upper 1% or the lower 99%?

Do you speak english as a first language?

B/c I just answered with; No laws were broken.

and Duke proved it.

Or are you saying that Duke, a university, a bastion of liberalism, is backing those evul conservatives that want to provide good paying jobs too the 99%?

no evidence of brine contamination from shale gas exploration but evidence that methane from gas wells had contaminated drinking water in Pennsylvania?

did you read your own linked article?

Brine = bad
Methane = :gives:

I hope you're one of those people that thinks methane in cancer causing, b/c I haven't ridiculed anyone in quite some time.

mmmm, methane. I'm just full of gas. :9:

Any of you "quick to judge without all the facts" here have any idea how much water is used to frack a single well? Do you know what is in the water? Clean water is precious in and of itself. Moreso than your beloved oil or gas.

Certainly no more than is used in that CLEAN GREEN energy practice called GEOTHERMAL..

The effluent from a geothermal well is toxic beyond belief ---- YET mr. BigTruck --- it's on the list of APPROVED Dirty Mining Operations.

What do you consider "proper info?" What makes duke the final word and an expert in this field?

There has been no research done that has proven fracking is bad.

there's been tons of half backed research done, that is immediately discredited, though.

BUT

Duke is just another group that has proven fracking is safe.

so again

be happy for the jobs

oh and

I live here in NE PA

I love how you radical con's cherry pick what you will answer or not. What's in the water? How much water is used to frack a single well? If what they are using is safe in drinking water why then did they need to skirt the laws/rules of the Clean Water Act?

THe fracking fluid is NOT injected until the head is a 1/4 mile or more underground. Way below the water table.

These folks who were lighting their water on fire were doing that WAY BEFORE any fracking began!! They live on giant hydrocarbon fuel bomb.
Ask Old Rocks !!

The stuff that ProPublica and others were finding in water samples -- like Benzene is the SAME STUFF you'd expect to be in those natural deposits. They attributed that to the fracking without checking previous records of water samples. That is now being CLARIFIED by the research..

Want to help these people? Vent the hydrocarbons!!! Or better yet -- drill and capture them.

BTW: In the case of Al Gore's Geothermal, the toxic effluents come back up the pipe as steam by design. RIVERS of it. That does not occur with fracking..

You like Geothermal mr BigTruck?

Last edited:
New Duke research shows no fracking contamination in PA | JournalNow.com

A paper published on Monday by Duke University researchers found that gas drilling in northeastern Pennsylvania did not contaminate nearby drinking water wells with salty water, which is a byproduct of the drilling.

So
Suck
On
THAT
:badgrin:

Frack baby FRACK

pshaw. next you'll be telling us that cell phones and power lines dont cause brain cancer.
Tell that to the dead Senator Kennedy.... :eusa_whistle:

New Duke research shows no fracking contamination in PA | JournalNow.com

A paper published on Monday by Duke University researchers found that gas drilling in northeastern Pennsylvania did not contaminate nearby drinking water wells with salty water, which is a byproduct of the drilling.

So
Suck
On
THAT
:badgrin:

Frack baby FRACK

pshaw. next you'll be telling us that cell phones and power lines dont cause brain cancer.
Tell that to the dead Senator Kennedy.... :eusa_whistle:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Didn't he die of lead poisoning?

or are you talking about the really old one?

What do you consider "proper info?" What makes duke the final word and an expert in this field?

There has been no research done that has proven fracking is bad.

there's been tons of half backed research done, that is immediately discredited, though.

BUT

Duke is just another group that has proven fracking is safe.

so again

be happy for the jobs

oh and

I live here in NE PA

Ok lets pretend we don't know already,how much water is used,whats in it ,where does it come from,and whee does it go after?

You tell us what you think we should know.

Gas drilling in NE Pa is widely excepted by the locals,the prosperity that gas has brought,has far out stripped the inconveniences that come with everything we do.

I actually believe that the proprietary content of fracking fluids SHOULD be disclosed.

HOWEVER -- the public would never understand if it DID contain Benzene for example -- that putting a minute amount of Benzene back into a massive hydrocarbon deposit is like pissing into a sewer. Does no additional harm..

So I can understand why they decided to exempt these formulas.. Enviro-Left is too stupid and militant to accept logic and reason..

Or are you saying that Duke, a university, a bastion of liberalism, is backing those evul conservatives that want to provide good paying jobs too the 99%?

I am if they are part of the upper 1% private sector I was and have been writing about for eons. Thee upper 1% MINORITY is now the proud owners of what was once "We The Peoples" govt = laws.

Do you have some other view of it you might like to share:eusa_whistle:

I actually believe that the proprietary content of fracking fluids SHOULD be disclosed.

HOWEVER -- the public would never understand if it DID contain Benzene for example -- that putting a minute amount of Benzene back into a massive hydrocarbon deposit is like pissing into a sewer. Does no additional harm..

So I can understand why they decided to exempt these formulas.. Enviro-Left is too stupid and militant to accept logic and reason..

Then I suggest they become informed! How do you know it does not create any more harm? is it because cancer's are becoming less, or more?

Last edited:

I am if they are part of the upper 1% private sector I was and have been writing about for eons. Thee upper 1% MINORITY is now the proud owners of what was once "We The Peoples" govt = laws.

Do you have some other view of it you might like to share:eusa_whistle:

No one involved in writing that report was part of your concept of the 1%.. IT's just part of your general paranoia and unrealistic explanations for whats' ailing this country.

Last edited:

Then I suggest they become informed! How do you know it does not create any more harm? is it because cancer's are becoming less, or more?

My GOD MAN.. THINK.... What's in a massive hydrocarbon deposit that we want to tap for energy.. LOTS of Benzene. TONS of it. Putting small amounts of Benzene into the fracking fluid at that level in the ground does NOTHING to increase the risk of cancer.

It's a massive TOXIC NATURAL pool of crap.

But thank-you for proving my point that the "Enviro-Left is too stupid and militant to accept logic and reason".. I do owe ya for that..

no evidence of brine contamination from shale gas exploration but evidence that methane from gas wells had contaminated drinking water in Pennsylvania?

did you read your own linked article?

:eusa_whistle:

Damn you are an idiot.

Are you one of those assumers that thinks methane is bad for humans to consume?

If so, you are completely fucked in the head and should stop eating meat of all kinds since animal farts harm the atmosphere.

Point was Dante Dear -- that these folk live over a giant NATURAL hydrocarbon refinery. And there is ample evidence that a lot of bad stuff was in the water table WAAY before anyone adopted fracking.

Some folks could LIGHT THEIR FREAKIN' FAUCETS on fire before the fracking began.

That's what the research is gonna show. The eco-left frauds at ProPublica and other places KNEW this and decided to make it look like fracking was solely responsible.

Drilling is the best way to help these folks, financially and environmentally. In fact, we ought to be defusing the giant ARCTIC methane bomb that the Warmers are worried about by drilling there too.

Forum List

Back