My three electric vehicle questions.

Your cut and paste post fails to address my post completely since I state by personal knowledge that the Climate today is the same as it was in 1964 since I have been there 99% of the time.

It is still the same hot and dry summers and cloudy cold and still fairly dry winters it is still classified as a STEPPE Desert but where I am is among the driest in the Northwest, Toppenish is probably the Driest city in Washington.

1. Mining Impact: While mining for battery materials does have environmental consequences, efforts are being made to improve sustainability and recycling practices.
  2. Battery Disposal: Battery recycling is advancing rapidly, aiming to extract valuable metals and minimize waste through innovative technologies.
  3. Energy Source: While EVs can be charged using various energy sources, including renewables like solar and wind, alongside traditional grid electricity, diversifying the energy mix can reduce reliance on fossil fuels.
Overall, while there are challenges, EVs offer significant potential for reducing emissions compared to fossil fuel vehicles.
Why are we reducing emissions? That is the question to be answered.

China is certainly not worried about it. They build electric vehicles and batteries for profit, not environmental reasons.

Why are we reducing emissions? That is the question to be answered.

China is certainly not worried about it. They build electric vehicles and batteries for profit, not environmental reasons.

Sulfuric acid? ... yes ... that's a bad thing for the atmosphere ... it rains down on plants and kills them ... are you suggesting we leave the sulfur in our fuels? ... that's makes diesel half the price of gasoline ... good for the economy ...

Let's throw nuclear waste into the ocean ... out of sight out of mind ... right? ... lead back into gasoline ... the stuff they threw into Love Canal can be thrown into the Ohio or Mississippi ... cheaper than re-processing ... good for the economy ...

... diversifying the energy mix can reduce reliance on fossil fuels ...

This is only bad for Canada ... and their insane effort to destroy their environment ... whose side are you on anyway? ...

ETA: I know you mean carbon emissions ... and I agree it's stupid to try and control these ... instead of acid rain, we're producing plant food ... ouch ... due to global warming, we're entering into a NEW GOLDEN AGE of HUMANITY ... more food, less war, the end of poverty in one generation ... etc etc etc ...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back