My three electric vehicle questions.

I've never seen such an over reach of government controlling markets than I have in the past 20 years.

Really?

Did you just start working 20 years ago?

Yeah, those of us who've been in the workforce for the last 40 years have seen it. It's fine. No big problem.

And for folks like me who work in a consumer facing industry I can tell you that there are rules we are REQUIRED to follow or we lose our ability to see our stuff. That's the deal. The cool thing about it is: it's all good! If the chemical industry worked today like it sometimes did in the not-too-distant past you couldn't pay me to live anywhere within a 50 mile radius of the plants!

In my job there are a number of rules that the government says we have to abide by. And we make a safer, better product with less damage to the environment.

It's a good thing! Wait til you've had a bit more experience in the workforce and you'll see how it all works out.

No need to clutch those pearls now.

Really?

Did you just start working 20 years ago?

Yeah, those of us who've been in the workforce for the last 40 years have seen it. It's fine. No big problem.

And for folks like me who work in a consumer facing industry I can tell you that there are rules we are REQUIRED to follow or we lose our ability to see our stuff. That's the deal. The cool thing about it is: it's all good! If the chemical industry worked today like it sometimes did in the not-too-distant past you couldn't pay me to live anywhere within a 50 mile radius of the plants!

In my job there are a number of rules that the government says we have to abide by. And we make a safer, better product with less damage to the environment.

It's a good thing! Wait til you've had a bit more experience in the workforce and you'll see how it all works out.

No need to clutch those pearls now.
This is you trying to pass piss off as rain. Sorry. It's piss, not rain.

Our present temperature is 2C cooler than the past with 120 ppm more atmospheric CO2. No amount of arm waving or doomsday predictions can change this fact.

Our present temperature is 2C cooler than the past with 120 ppm more atmospheric CO2. No amount of arm waving or doomsday predictions can change this fact.

As an engineer, I am surprised at how simple you want the system to be.

Maybe we need a small reset: do you believe that CO2 can absorb IR photons? Do you know what an IR photon is? Do you know the relationship between IR and heat?

As an engineer, I am surprised at how simple you want the system to be.

Maybe we need a small reset: do you believe that CO2 can absorb IR photons? Do you know what an IR photon is? Do you know the relationship between IR and heat?
And I'm surprised as a geologist you don't understand why the planet transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet.

Please let me know when you do.

The reset begins with you explaining why the earth transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet.

And I'm surprised as a geologist you don't understand why the planet transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet.

Please let me know when you do.

What about the post where I outlined the various possible drivers. Did I miss any major ones?

The reset begins with you explaining why the earth transitioned from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet.

Sorry, here's a really good explainer for how CO2 works absorbing IR.

One of the coolest things in my early career was when I got to do a LOT of work with FTIR's. They are pieces of equipment that fire IR photons into a material and measure how much of the IR was absorbed at various wavelengths which corresponded to various different types of chemical bonds. One of the things you did when you started the day was to run a "background scan" which basically just showed you "room air" absorbing the IR. And there was always this giant absorption peak for CO2 that you had to subtract out.

It was a great reminder of how IR energy is ABSORBED. And since we know from the First Law of Thermo that energy doesn't just disappear.

What is the temperature threshold for extensive continental glaciation in the northern hemisphere?

Don't know. Tell me. (I think you have before.)

Not sure why that would matter in the current discussion but I'm sure you think it has some importance.

Sorry, here's a really good explainer for how CO2 works absorbing IR.

One of the coolest things in my early career was when I got to do a LOT of work with FTIR's. They are pieces of equipment that fire IR photons into a material and measure how much of the IR was absorbed at various wavelengths which corresponded to various different types of chemical bonds. One of the things you did when you started the day was to run a "background scan" which basically just showed you "room air" absorbing the IR. And there was always this giant absorption peak for CO2 that you had to subtract out.

It was a great reminder of how IR energy is ABSORBED. And since we know from the First Law of Thermo that energy doesn't just disappear.
That's nice. What's the temperature threshold for extensive continental glaciation of the northern hemisphere?

Don't know. Tell me. (I think you have before.)

Not sure why that would matter in the current discussion but I'm sure you think it has some importance.
You don't know why the temperature threshold for extensive continental glaciation matters in a conversation about the earth's climate?

As I said: you tell me. I don't know, don't care and really don't see the point. But by all means tell me. Blow my mind.
You mean you can't figure it out for yourself from this?

F2.large.jpg

Cool ... do you remember the exact wavelengths ... or do you know of a good reference source for this information? ...

For the same reason you can no longer buy a leaded gasoline car or a car without seatbelts standard.

The decision to do stupid things is sometimes limited by the market.
hogs were deemed illegal? when? link.

I assumed you live in America. Was I mistaken? Because the government already controls a lot of the market. You've NEVER lived in an America where it wasn't like that. (Unless you are over 130 years old)
then the government controls gasoline and therefore Xiden is the reason for high gas prices, right?

Forum List

Back