My less popular thoughts.

The fact is, no important state, U.S. included, will recognize Jerusalem as anything but a "corpus separatum".

So what?

Who cares about that? An Israeli?

You aren't Jewish, Humanity, so you cannot understand the Jewish attachment to Jerusalem. Even if we say that the Muslims DO have an attachment to Jerusalem, for the sake of argument, it's still their THIRD holiest city. Christians speak of a HEAVENLY Jerusalem, not an earthly one. Jerusalem is our HOLIEST city, and I'm not going to repeat all of the rituals and prayers connected to it. I mentioned them before, and you said it proves my superiority, which I couldn't understand at all. A Palestinian state on the West Bank would already take from us Rachel, Joseph, and Abraham's Tombs. That's enough. No Jew would compromise on the Temple Mount. When Begin, Sadat and Carter met in Camp David, Begin said he was willing to compromise on everything except Jerusalem. If he did, he would suffer the same fate as a certain rabbi who agreed to convert to Christianity, only to have his arms and legs cut off by the Bishop. And I read this also someplace: Do you know the story of King Solomon's judgment? The fake mother agreed to divide up the baby, but not the true mother! It's not that we're better, it's just that Jerusalem is the soul to Israel's body, and we won't give up on that!

Jerusalem is the site of Jesus's crucifixion. Jesus is the Son of God, Christians would never compromise on Jerusalem. You are not a Christian so you can't understand how important Calvary and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jesus's tomb and from whence he was resurrected, are to Christians. Any attempt to change its current status as "corpus separatum", which even the U.S. abides by, would result in a Christian backlash. Without Christian support, Israel would go down the tubes.
Which is why Christians want it to remain under Jewish control, because they are the only group that has shown respect and protected the rights of religious people of all faiths. Unlike Palestinian Muslim savages who seem to love to set fire to churches and murder Christians, like their brethern all over the Middle East. No sane Christian wants Jerusalem to fall under Muslim rule.

There are 4 Quarters in the Old City--Jewish, Armenian, Christian and Muslim. Christian sites have always been protected by Israel, as well as being maintained in pristine condition. My Jewish best friend teaches at an Armenian Christian school in Jerusalem, and the students there are very happy. Any visitor to the Old City will notice priests, nuns and monks walking around in their different and colorful habits. I don't know what monte could possibly want, as it pertains to the well-being of Christians and their sites in Jerusalem. Is he hoping that the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, of the Middle Ages, will be re-instated? As far as I know, no Israeli or even Palestinian negotiating team has entertained that possibility.

"Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem" LOL. Exactly, you hit it on the nail.

He lives in this parallel universe where Christisns feel better protected living under a state ruled by Islamic terrorist thugs and under barbaric Shariah law. His hate has driven him totally insane, and there is no basis in fact or reality for anything he says. In actuality he doesn't even care for Christians or Palestinians, it's all a charade in my opinion, as the Palestinians have been behind the murder of over 150,000 Lebanese Christians, not to mention the Nazi "Palestinian" Mufti actually ended up killing far more Christians than he did Jews in the 1930's and 40's.

The little Nazi ranting again. Palestinians (Christians and Muslims) as well as leftist Lebanese Muslims and Christians, were allied against against Phalangist (Fascist) Christian Lebanese. You are the king of propaganda, Goebbels would be proud of you.

You really should calm down, these rants aren't healthy. Try to address the issues rather than becoming obsessed which make you look like a fool.

Bull, Arafat and his goons were the worst killers of Lebanese Christians, which was in essence a war which the Muslims wanted to commit ethnic cleansing on the Christians. And the Palestinian Nazi Mufti did kill thousands of Christians and Catholics.

No sane Christian wants Islamist Muslims to be in charge of anything Christian.

The fact is, no important state, U.S. included, will recognize Jerusalem as anything but a "corpus separatum".

So what?

Jerusalem is the site of Jesus's crucifixion. Jesus is the Son of God, Christians would never compromise on Jerusalem. You are not a Christian so you can't understand how important Calvary and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Jesus's tomb and from whence he was resurrected, are to Christians. Any attempt to change its current status as "corpus separatum", which even the U.S. abides by, would result in a Christian backlash. Without Christian support, Israel would go down the tubes.
Which is why Christians want it to remain under Jewish control, because they are the only group that has shown respect and protected the rights of religious people of all faiths. Unlike Palestinian Muslim savages who seem to love to set fire to churches and murder Christians, like their brethern all over the Middle East. No sane Christian wants Jerusalem to fall under Muslim rule.

There are 4 Quarters in the Old City--Jewish, Armenian, Christian and Muslim. Christian sites have always been protected by Israel, as well as being maintained in pristine condition. My Jewish best friend teaches at an Armenian Christian school in Jerusalem, and the students there are very happy. Any visitor to the Old City will notice priests, nuns and monks walking around in their different and colorful habits. I don't know what monte could possibly want, as it pertains to the well-being of Christians and their sites in Jerusalem. Is he hoping that the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem, of the Middle Ages, will be re-instated? As far as I know, no Israeli or even Palestinian negotiating team has entertained that possibility.

He lives in this parallel universe where Christisns feel better protected living under a state ruled by Islamic terrorist thugs and under barbaric Shariah law. His hate has driven him totally insane, and there is no basis in fact or reality for anything he says. In actuality he doesn't even care for Christians or Palestinians, it's all a charade in my opinion, as the Palestinians have been behind the murder of over 150,000 Lebanese Christians, not to mention the Nazi "Palestinian" Mufti actually ended up killing far more Christians than he did Jews in the 1930's and 40's.

The little Nazi ranting again. Palestinians (Christians and Muslims) as well as leftist Lebanese Muslims and Christians, were allied against against Phalangist (Fascist) Christian Lebanese. You are the king of propaganda, Goebbels would be proud of you.

You really should calm down, these rants aren't healthy. Try to address the issues rather than becoming obsessed which make you look like a fool.

Bull, Arafat and his goons were the worst killers of Lebanese Christians, which was in essence a war which the Muslims wanted to commit ethnic cleansing on the Christians. And the Palestinian Nazi Mufti did kill thousands of Christians and Catholics.

You are not very good at rewriting history, and the fact is I was in Beirut from mid December of 1975 to mid January of 1976.

Yes, show us how the Mufti killed thousands of Catholics.

So what?

You are not very good at rewriting history, and the fact is I was in Beirut from mid December of 1975 to mid January of 1976.

Yes, show us how the Mufti killed thousands of Catholics.

So you were in Lebanon during the height of the civil war there. And you saw no Christians being killed by Muslims? Is that what you're saying?

Moderation Message:

Haven't had time to thoroughly read the OP to see what the scope of this discussion is SUPPOSED to be. But I don't think it was excuse to brawl thru 1000 years of history YET AGAIN.

So YOU read it again -- Please --- and I'll come back later to see what's on topic and what's not.

Forum List

Back