My less popular thoughts.

And here's an article from the same source that was used before that totally destroys the "European DNA" myth by these antisemitic morons.

DNA tester: 75 percent of Jews trace ancestry to Middle East

DNA Tester: 75 Percent of Jews Trace Ancestry to Middle East

Where did the Jews originate? For Bennett Greenspan, the founder and president of Family Tree DNA, there’s little doubt, and it can all be proven with a swab of cheek cells.

The overwhelming majority of Jews living today should be able to trace their roots back to the Middle East with a little DNA testing, he maintains, and all those who claim otherwise, as far as he’s concerned, have their history wrong.

“We’re not interlopers who came here from Eastern Europe, and we’re not Serbs or Kazars,” says Greenspan. “You can use whatever polemic you want to discredit the Jews or discredit the nation, but saying that we weren’t here is a lie.”

Greenspan was referring to the controversial book written by Tel Aviv University historian Shlomo Sand, which asserts that the Jews of today did not originate in this part of the world and that a “nation-race” of Jews never existed. Most of today’s Jews, he argues in “The Invention of the Jewish People” (2008), are the descendants of people who lived elsewhere in the world and were converted to Judaism. However, a major study published two years later by Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, claims that many contemporary Jews do, indeed, have a distinctive genetic signature and can trace their ancestry back to the Middle East.

Greenspan delivered a guest lecture in Israel on Wednesday at the Netanya Academic College on the DNA of the Jews. Nothing more than a bit of saliva, insists the entrepreneur and genealogy enthusiast, is required to prove the similarities in the genetic make-up of most Jewish men and women, and that’s because their ancestors once lived the same place. In response to a question from Haaretz, Greenspan said he estimates that “No less than 75 percent of Ashekanzi, Sephardi or Mizrahi Jews, their ancestors came from what we call the general Middle East” – an assessment which he says is based on his company’s database.

Family Tree DNA, a U.S.-based company with distributors in Europe and the United Arab Emirates and which Greenspan founded in 2000 while he was semi-retired, was the first company in the world to offer commercial DNA test kits. Today, about a half dozen other such companies exist. “I had sold my photographic supply business and was puttering around the house, getting in my wife’s way,” he recounts. “Finally, she said you should either pick up golf or go back to genealogy, at which point I started researching the only line of my eight great-grandparents’ lineages that I had never worked on.”

When he was eventually able to establish through DNA testing his blood relationship to someone in Argentina from that branch of family, Greenspan decided it was time to turn his life-long hobby into a business. To date, Family Tree DNA has tested more than one million people and has more than 700,000 records in its database. Among its more famous clients is the National Geographic Society. Altogether, says Greenspan, Jews comprise only about 3-4 percent of his clientele – much bigger than their share in the U.S. population, but just a fraction of his business.

Last edited:
Your response has more holes than Swiss cheese. It merely "suggests", is from a 2013 study whereas mine is from 2015, and yours only tests a handful of women. Your "European ancestry" theory just got destroyed by this:

Where did the Jews originate? For Bennett Greenspan, the founder and president of Family Tree DNA, there’s little doubt, and it can all be proven with a swab of cheek cells.

The overwhelming majority of Jews living today should be able to trace their roots back to the Middle East with a little DNA testing, he maintains, and all those who claim otherwise, as far as he’s concerned, have their history wrong.

“We’re not interlopers who came here from Eastern Europe, and we’re not Serbs or Kazars,” says Greenspan. “You can use whatever polemic you want to discredit the Jews or discredit the nation, but saying that we weren’t here is a lie.”

Greenspan was referring to the controversial book written by Tel Aviv University historian Shlomo Sand, which asserts that the Jews of today did not originate in this part of the world and that a “nation-race” of Jews never existed. Most of today’s Jews, he argues in “The Invention of the Jewish People” (2008), are the descendants of people who lived elsewhere in the world and were converted to Judaism. However, a major study published two years later by Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, claims that many contemporary Jews do, indeed, have a distinctive genetic signature and can trace their ancestry back to the Middle East.

Greenspan delivered a guest lecture in Israel on Wednesday at the Netanya Academic College on the DNA of the Jews. Nothing more than a bit of saliva, insists the entrepreneur and genealogy enthusiast, is required to prove the similarities in the genetic make-up of most Jewish men and women, and that’s because their ancestors once lived the same place. In response to a question from Haaretz, Greenspan said he estimates that “No less than 75 percent of Ashekanzi, Sephardi or Mizrahi Jews, their ancestors came from what we call the general Middle East” – an assessment which he says is based on his company’s database.

Family Tree DNA, a U.S.-based company with distributors in Europe and the United Arab Emirates and which Greenspan founded in 2000 while he was semi-retired, was the first company in the world to offer commercial DNA test kits. Today, about a half dozen other such companies exist. “I had sold my photographic supply business and was puttering around the house, getting in my wife’s way,” he recounts. “Finally, she said you should either pick up golf or go back to genealogy, at which point I started researching the only line of my eight great-grandparents’ lineages that I had never worked on.”

When he was eventually able to establish through DNA testing his blood relationship to someone in Argentina from that branch of family, Greenspan decided it was time to turn his life-long hobby into a business. To date, Family Tree DNA has tested more than one million people and has more than 700,000 records in its database. Among its more famous clients is the National Geographic Society. Altogether, says Greenspan, Jews comprise only about 3-4 percent of his clientele – much bigger than their share in the U.S. population, but just a fraction of his business.

Surprise: Ashkenazi Jews Are Genetically European

jewish-man-120510.jpg

"The simplest explanation was that it was mainly women who converted and they married with men who'd come from the Near East," Richards told LiveScience. - See more at: Surprise: Ashkenazi Jews Are Genetically European

Suprise 75% of Jews are from the Middle East and your article is outdated.

I think that we all just take things a little far, my point is simple, what can encourage Palestinians to act for the sake of Palestinians only instead of acting on behalf of senseless ego, radical Islam, racial intolerance, and Historic wrongdoing?

Every thread is the same off topic response. The land is ancestral and religious Jewish land and so called Palestinians have been behaving exactly like other Islamist terrorist groups have. Maybe that's human nature to an antisemite. After all they're Jews and they don't serve their homeland nor do they deserve to live. Islam must reign.

The European Jews have no ancestral claim to the land. They are Europeans ethnically and genetically. There is nothing antisemitic about stating fact.

And. since the European Jews are not Semites and the Palestinians are, your claim is ludicrous. You are an antisemite, in fact.

The land was inhabited by the native Palestinians, 97% of them Christian and Muslims. Their ancestors converted from the Roman religions as well as other religions when the Roman Empire made Christianity the state religion. A majority of the the same ancestors converted to Islam when the Muslims replaced Christians as rulers.

Study Traces Ashkenazi Roots to European Women Who Probably Converted to Judaism

read more: Study traces Ashkenazi roots to European women who probably converted to Judaism - Jewish World News
Same off topic diversion, over and over. What is your point? Majority of Israelis are Middle Eastern Sephardic or Mizrahi Jews or descendants of. All the lands Muslims invaded and pillaged and made their own. Are they Saudi Arabian Arab Islamic by DNA? Nope. The land is ancestral, historical and religious Jewish land. There are no and ifs or buts. It's the Arabs that are invaders, here it is from the horse's mouth.

This video proves that half the Palestinians come from Egypt, and the other half from Saudi Arabia. Also, not one word about Christians. The entire video is about Jihad and the Muslim cause.

And most Jews living in Israel come from Europe, America, Africa and Oceania!

You point is what exactly?

Bzzzt wrong. Israel today is majority Jews from the Middle East, or descendants of. Link? Ha ha ha.

No need for a link roodboy... Try using your brain for once..

Ashkenazi Jews make nearly 3 million in Israel... Ashkenazi Jews are primarily from Europe...

Let's not forget the Sephardic Jews who also come from Europe, amongst other places...

There was a genetics report a couple of years ago that suggested that Ashkenazi Jews are maternally descended from Europeans!

I think that we all just take things a little far, my point is simple, what can encourage Palestinians to act for the sake of Palestinians only instead of acting on behalf of senseless ego, radical Islam, racial intolerance, and Historic wrongdoing?

What you mean is that you want the Muslims and Christians to resign themselves to being ruled by Jews forever in a Jewish State never having a state of their own.

What if one of the European or American countries that are predominately Christians defined themselves as Christian States? You know how much whining there would be from the non-Christian inhabitants?

Things often get taken a little too far... Yes, your point is simple...

How about encouraging the Palestinians to act for the sake of Palestinians by removing the Israeli settlements for a start? How about desist from considering all of Jerusalem the capital of Israel? Israel and ONLY Israel considers Jerusalem the 'united capital of Israel'!

Taking the line of 'Israeli innocence' and placing the blame at the door of the Palestinians is not accurate and certainly not the encouragement you speak of.

How about encouraging the Palestinians to act for the sake of Palestinians by removing the Israeli settlements for a start? How about desist from considering all of Jerusalem the capital of Israel? Israel and ONLY Israel considers Jerusalem the 'united capital of Israel'!

Taking the line of 'Israeli innocence' and placing the blame at the door of the Palestinians is not accurate and certainly not the encouragement you speak of.
This is a good topic, what Israel can do, but do you really think that it is something the Palestinians can expect?
Do you really think Israel would ever leave Jerusalem? (Completely hand Jerusalem to the Palestinians? Like Temple Mount?)

The European Jews have no ancestral claim to the land. They are Europeans ethnically and genetically. There is nothing antisemitic about stating fact.

And. since the European Jews are not Semites and the Palestinians are, your claim is ludicrous. You are an antisemite, in fact.

The land was inhabited by the native Palestinians, 97% of them Christian and Muslims. Their ancestors converted from the Roman religions as well as other religions when the Roman Empire made Christianity the state religion. A majority of the the same ancestors converted to Islam when the Muslims replaced Christians as rulers.

Study Traces Ashkenazi Roots to European Women Who Probably Converted to Judaism

read more: Study traces Ashkenazi roots to European women who probably converted to Judaism - Jewish World News
Same off topic diversion, over and over. What is your point? Majority of Israelis are Middle Eastern Sephardic or Mizrahi Jews or descendants of. All the lands Muslims invaded and pillaged and made their own. Are they Saudi Arabian Arab Islamic by DNA? Nope. The land is ancestral, historical and religious Jewish land. There are no and ifs or buts. It's the Arabs that are invaders, here it is from the horse's mouth.

This video proves that half the Palestinians come from Egypt, and the other half from Saudi Arabia. Also, not one word about Christians. The entire video is about Jihad and the Muslim cause.

Bzzzt wrong. Israel today is majority Jews from the Middle East, or descendants of. Link? Ha ha ha.

Ashkenazi Jews make nearly 3 million in Israel... Ashkenazi Jews are primarily from Europe...

Let's not forget the Sephardic Jews who also come from Europe, amongst other places...

There was a genetics report a couple of years ago that suggested that Ashkenazi Jews are maternally descended from Europeans!

But dumbarse, if Jews as a whole (Ashkenazi, Sephardic, and Mizrahi) are overwhelmingly of Middle Eastern decent (75% according to the latest genetic studies), as it has been proven over and over, then the establishment of Israel is simply Jews returning to their ancestral, religious, and cultural homeland, which has been it's primary purpose from the beginning. Plus, Jews have maintained a presence in Israel and kept returning and repopulating for the last two thousand years, and it especially accelerated in the last 700 years of Ottoman rule, ending in a Jewish majority in Jerusalem by the 1850's.

Hah! Apparently the term coexistence is not an option in the Arab Muslim culture or mindset. Not that we didn't already know that.

What you mean is that you want the Muslims and Christians to resign themselves to being ruled by Jews forever in a Jewish State never having a state of their own.

What if one of the European or American countries that are predominately Christians defined themselves as Christian States? You know how much whining there would be from the non-Christian inhabitants?
And what of the over two million Muslims and Christians in Israel that are Israeli citizens living with the same rights as the Jews, that have representatives in the Israeli govt. and are enjoying the highest standard of living and loving it?

It is you that wants Islamic savages to be allowed to commit genocide on the Jews in order to establish an Islamic caliphate. Of course the world really really really needs yet another Islamic shithole terrorist state.

Last edited:

And what of the over two million Muslims and Christians in Israel that are Israeli citizens living with the same rights as the Jews, that have representatives in the Israeli govt. and are enjoying the highest standard of living and loving it?

It is you that wants Islamic savages to be allowed to commit genocide on the Jews in order to establish an Islamic caliphate. Of course the world really really really needs yet another Islamic shithole terrorist state.

Sounds remarkably similar to:

"In South Africa the literacy rate is 70 percent for blacks compared to average 40 percent in the 51 independent African states. Education is the single highest budget item as opposed to military and security spending in most of the black-ruled states.

Income in South Africa is higher for blacks than in any other African state. In reality, there is a strong emerging black middle class. There is a steady increase in the number of dentists, doctors, lawyers and other senior positions. South Africa's black prosperity and emerging black middle class is rarely mentioned."

South Africa Shouldn't be Singled Out

Ruddy, you are a latter day apologist for racism. Good for you. you little Nazi.

"In South Africa the literacy rate is 70 percent for blacks compared to average 40 percent in the 51 independent African states. Education is the single highest budget item as opposed to military and security spending in most of the black-ruled states.

Income in South Africa is higher for blacks than in any other African state. In reality, there is a strong emerging black middle class. There is a steady increase in the number of dentists, doctors, lawyers and other senior positions. South Africa's black prosperity and emerging black middle class is rarely mentioned."

Ruddy, you are a latter day apologist for racism. Good for you. you little Nazi.
Said the mentally ill rabid antisemite who can't handle the fact that currently in Israel there are over two million Arab Muslim and Christian Israelis that live as Israeli citizens with the same exact rights as the rest of Jewish citizens.

So instead of refuting that fact, you cite a totally irrelevant off topic bullshit about South Africa.

The Israeli Arabs: Trailblazers of a Better Middle East

Poll: 77% of Israeli Arabs Prefer Israeli Rule to Palestinian

reported by the Jerusalem Post shows that 77% of Israeli Arabs prefer to live under Israeli rule than to be governed by Palestinians. [/paste:font]
Of the Arabs who responded that they prefer to live under Israeli rule, 70% were Druse. In terms of religious affiliation, 57% were Christian, and 49% were Muslim.

Of the Arabs who preferred to live under the Palestinian Authority, only 2% were Druse, and only 5% were Christian.

The survey was conducted by phone interviews through Sunday of 405 Israeli Arab citizens nationwide, not including east Jerusalem. The poll, which was conducted in Arabic, was commissioned by Israel’s Channel 10.

Other results from the poll indicate that 68% of Israeli Arabs oppose the recent wave of terrorist attacks in and around Jerusalem, although 81% do believe Israel is trying to harm the Temple Mount status quo, a claim which Israel says has been used by Palestinian leaders to incite violence.

Eighty-Eight percent of Druse respondents expressed opposition to the terror attacks, as did 80% of Christians and 64% of Muslims. Only 16% expressed opposition the condemnations of the attacks by some Arab MKs.

The poll also surveyed Arab feelings of discrimination in Israel. A 58% majority felt they suffered from light or moderate racism, while 42% responded that they suffer from strong racism. Sixty-one percent feel that they are treated equally or semi-equally by the state, while 39% did not feel that they received equal treatment from the state.

The results were reasonably consistent with the annual Index of Arab-Jewish Relations in Israel, the annual survey conducted by sociologist Professor Sammy Smooha from the University of Haifa. In that survey, the results of which were last reported in the fall of 2013, 63.5% of Arabs said Israel is a good place to live.

Only 20.9% of respondents to that survey said they were willing to move to a Palestinian state.

This is a good topic, what Israel can do, but do you really think that it is something the Palestinians can expect?
Do you really think Israel would ever leave Jerusalem? (Completely hand Jerusalem to the Palestinians? Like Temple Mount?)

Yes, it is a very good topic....

I'm not expecting Israel to "leave" Jerusalem... Why would ANYONE ever expect that?

I would never ask for, nor support, the Palestinians taking full 'control' of Jerusalem, in the same way that I do not think that Israel should have full 'control' of Jerusalem...

Jerusalem is a 'special' place for MANY more people than Jews and Muslims... And should be respected as a 'special' place, NOT an 'exclusive' place for one religion or another! In fact, many 'non religious', as in, non practicing religious people, believe that Jerusalem is a 'special' place... Which is why I believe Jerusalem would be better served as an 'international city of peace', controlled by an 'international organisation'... And, before people start jumping up and down, no, I don't necessarily believe that the UN would be the 'right' organisation to carry out that task!

Jerusalem is a 'divided city', unless you believe Israel's declaration of a 'united capital', which of course, it is not!

The mindless division of the middle east by the British and French, the double talk of the British, the lies told to both Arab and Jew alike has created a 'hornets nest' scenario that is near impossible to overcome without some serious rethinking by both Palestine and Israel AND without the intervention of the international community...

Israel cannot continue its belligerence, Palestine and Gaza cannot continue it's terrorism... Yet both sides think that this is a path to peace... It isn't!

The polarised opinions of both sides proves that neither side can find a peaceful solution alone...

The ONLY way to find peace is for neither side to 'lose face', but I fear that it is too late...

I'm not expecting Israel to "leave" Jerusalem... Why would ANYONE ever expect that?

I would never ask for, nor support, the Palestinians taking full 'control' of Jerusalem, in the same way that I do not think that Israel should have full 'control' of Jerusalem...

Jerusalem is a 'special' place for MANY more people than Jews and Muslims... And should be respected as a 'special' place, NOT an 'exclusive' place for one religion or another! In fact, many 'non religious', as in, non practicing religious people, believe that Jerusalem is a 'special' place... Which is why I believe Jerusalem would be better served as an 'international city of peace', controlled by an 'international organisation'... And, before people start jumping up and down, no, I don't necessarily believe that the UN would be the 'right' organisation to carry out that task!

Jerusalem is a 'divided city', unless you believe Israel's declaration of a 'united capital', which of course, it is not!

The mindless division of the middle east by the British and French, the double talk of the British, the lies told to both Arab and Jew alike has created a 'hornets nest' scenario that is near impossible to overcome without some serious rethinking by both Palestine and Israel AND without the intervention of the international community...

Israel cannot continue its belligerence, Palestine and Gaza cannot continue it's terrorism... Yet both sides think that this is a path to peace... It isn't!

The polarised opinions of both sides proves that neither side can find a peaceful solution alone...

The ONLY way to find peace is for neither side to 'lose face', but I fear that it is too late...

Humanity, have you ever been to Jerusalem?

But dumbarse, if Jews as a whole (Ashkenazi, Sephardic, and Mizrahi) are overwhelmingly of Middle Eastern decent (75% according to the latest genetic studies), as it has been proven over and over, then the establishment of Israel is simply Jews returning to their ancestral, religious, and cultural homeland, which has been it's primary purpose from the beginning. Plus, Jews have maintained a presence in Israel and kept returning and repopulating for the last two thousand years, and it especially accelerated in the last 700 years of Ottoman rule, ending in a Jewish majority in Jerusalem by the 1850's.

But, dumbass, your extreme right wing, zionut beliefs that blinker the truth from you prove over and over again that genetic studies are flawed... With both trying to prove OR disprove the ridiculous claims of Jews being a race or otherwise!

You are a proven belligerent war monger intent on genocide of the Palestinians...

Your viewpoint is no different to that of Adolf Hitler, it's just a different peoples that you want to annihilate!

Ashkenazi Jews are descended from, primarily Europeans and Americans. Sephardic Jews primarily from Iberian Peninsula...

Have you not noticed how 'European' most Jews look these days? No? Go check out Google and look at photos of 'Israeli Jews', who you claim are a "race"... You will notice that there are VERY few who look like they originated in the middle east!

Said the mentally ill rabid antisemite who can't handle the fact that currently in Israel there are over two million Arab Muslim and Christian Israelis that live as Israeli citizens with the same exact rights as the rest of Jewish citizens.

So instead of refuting that fact, you cite a totally irrelevant off topic bullshit about South Africa.

The Israeli Arabs: Trailblazers of a Better Middle East

Poll: 77% of Israeli Arabs Prefer Israeli Rule to Palestinian

reported by the Jerusalem Post shows that 77% of Israeli Arabs prefer to live under Israeli rule than to be governed by Palestinians. [/paste:font]
Of the Arabs who responded that they prefer to live under Israeli rule, 70% were Druse. In terms of religious affiliation, 57% were Christian, and 49% were Muslim.

Of the Arabs who preferred to live under the Palestinian Authority, only 2% were Druse, and only 5% were Christian.

The survey was conducted by phone interviews through Sunday of 405 Israeli Arab citizens nationwide, not including east Jerusalem. The poll, which was conducted in Arabic, was commissioned by Israel’s Channel 10.

Other results from the poll indicate that 68% of Israeli Arabs oppose the recent wave of terrorist attacks in and around Jerusalem, although 81% do believe Israel is trying to harm the Temple Mount status quo, a claim which Israel says has been used by Palestinian leaders to incite violence.

Eighty-Eight percent of Druse respondents expressed opposition to the terror attacks, as did 80% of Christians and 64% of Muslims. Only 16% expressed opposition the condemnations of the attacks by some Arab MKs.

The poll also surveyed Arab feelings of discrimination in Israel. A 58% majority felt they suffered from light or moderate racism, while 42% responded that they suffer from strong racism. Sixty-one percent feel that they are treated equally or semi-equally by the state, while 39% did not feel that they received equal treatment from the state.

The results were reasonably consistent with the annual Index of Arab-Jewish Relations in Israel, the annual survey conducted by sociologist Professor Sammy Smooha from the University of Haifa. In that survey, the results of which were last reported in the fall of 2013, 63.5% of Arabs said Israel is a good place to live.

Only 20.9% of respondents to that survey said they were willing to move to a Palestinian state.

You are truly a clown. Of course people don't want to leave their homes. The fact that 20.9% would leave their homes is indicative of how non-Jews feel about being under Jew rule. The fact that a majority feel discriminated against is also indicative.

Humanity, have you ever been to Jerusalem?

Yes I have...

What's your point?

Forum List

Back