My less popular thoughts.

I think that we all just take things a little far, my point is simple, what can encourage Palestinians to act for the sake of Palestinians only instead of acting on behalf of senseless ego, radical Islam, racial intolerance, and Historic wrongdoing?

Things often get taken a little too far... Yes, your point is simple...

How about encouraging the Palestinians to act for the sake of Palestinians by removing the Israeli settlements for a start? How about desist from considering all of Jerusalem the capital of Israel? Israel and ONLY Israel considers Jerusalem the 'united capital of Israel'!

Taking the line of 'Israeli innocence' and placing the blame at the door of the Palestinians is not accurate and certainly not the encouragement you speak of.
This is a good topic, what Israel can do, but do you really think that it is something the Palestinians can expect?
Do you really think Israel would ever leave Jerusalem? (Completely hand Jerusalem to the Palestinians? Like Temple Mount?)

Yes, it is a very good topic....

I'm not expecting Israel to "leave" Jerusalem... Why would ANYONE ever expect that?

I would never ask for, nor support, the Palestinians taking full 'control' of Jerusalem, in the same way that I do not think that Israel should have full 'control' of Jerusalem...

Jerusalem is a 'special' place for MANY more people than Jews and Muslims... And should be respected as a 'special' place, NOT an 'exclusive' place for one religion or another! In fact, many 'non religious', as in, non practicing religious people, believe that Jerusalem is a 'special' place... Which is why I believe Jerusalem would be better served as an 'international city of peace', controlled by an 'international organisation'... And, before people start jumping up and down, no, I don't necessarily believe that the UN would be the 'right' organisation to carry out that task!

Jerusalem is a 'divided city', unless you believe Israel's declaration of a 'united capital', which of course, it is not!

The mindless division of the middle east by the British and French, the double talk of the British, the lies told to both Arab and Jew alike has created a 'hornets nest' scenario that is near impossible to overcome without some serious rethinking by both Palestine and Israel AND without the intervention of the international community...

Israel cannot continue its belligerence, Palestine and Gaza cannot continue it's terrorism... Yet both sides think that this is a path to peace... It isn't!

The polarised opinions of both sides proves that neither side can find a peaceful solution alone...

The ONLY way to find peace is for neither side to 'lose face', but I fear that it is too late...

Humanity, have you ever been to Jerusalem?

Yes I have...

What's your point?

Because Jerusalem consists of East, West, and the tiny Old City. West Jerusalem houses the Knesset, Israel Museum, President's House, and will remain under Israel. The Old City is too small and too important to Jews to be divided. But there are many Arab parts of East Jerusalem that can be the capital of Palestine, so to speak.

Same off topic diversion, over and over. What is your point? Majority of Israelis are Middle Eastern Sephardic or Mizrahi Jews or descendants of. All the lands Muslims invaded and pillaged and made their own. Are they Saudi Arabian Arab Islamic by DNA? Nope. The land is ancestral, historical and religious Jewish land. There are no and ifs or buts. It's the Arabs that are invaders, here it is from the horse's mouth.

This video proves that half the Palestinians come from Egypt, and the other half from Saudi Arabia. Also, not one word about Christians. The entire video is about Jihad and the Muslim cause.

And most Jews living in Israel come from Europe, America, Africa and Oceania!

You point is what exactly?

Bzzzt wrong. Israel today is majority Jews from the Middle East, or descendants of. Link? Ha ha ha.

No need for a link roodboy... Try using your brain for once..

Ashkenazi Jews make nearly 3 million in Israel... Ashkenazi Jews are primarily from Europe...

Let's not forget the Sephardic Jews who also come from Europe, amongst other places...

There was a genetics report a couple of years ago that suggested that Ashkenazi Jews are maternally descended from Europeans!

But dumbarse, if Jews as a whole (Ashkenazi, Sephardic, and Mizrahi) are overwhelmingly of Middle Eastern decent (75% according to the latest genetic studies), as it has been proven over and over, then the establishment of Israel is simply Jews returning to their ancestral, religious, and cultural homeland, which has been it's primary purpose from the beginning. Plus, Jews have maintained a presence in Israel and kept returning and repopulating for the last two thousand years, and it especially accelerated in the last 700 years of Ottoman rule, ending in a Jewish majority in Jerusalem by the 1850's.

They aren't 75% of Middle Eastern descent. And, the population of Jerusalem, a tiny part of the population of Palestine which 99% Christian and Muslim in the 1850s, was made up of the aforementioned European Zionist migrants, not of Middle Eastern origin. They were Europeans.

Things often get taken a little too far... Yes, your point is simple...

How about encouraging the Palestinians to act for the sake of Palestinians by removing the Israeli settlements for a start? How about desist from considering all of Jerusalem the capital of Israel? Israel and ONLY Israel considers Jerusalem the 'united capital of Israel'!

Taking the line of 'Israeli innocence' and placing the blame at the door of the Palestinians is not accurate and certainly not the encouragement you speak of.
This is a good topic, what Israel can do, but do you really think that it is something the Palestinians can expect?
Do you really think Israel would ever leave Jerusalem? (Completely hand Jerusalem to the Palestinians? Like Temple Mount?)

I'm not expecting Israel to "leave" Jerusalem... Why would ANYONE ever expect that?

I would never ask for, nor support, the Palestinians taking full 'control' of Jerusalem, in the same way that I do not think that Israel should have full 'control' of Jerusalem...

Jerusalem is a 'special' place for MANY more people than Jews and Muslims... And should be respected as a 'special' place, NOT an 'exclusive' place for one religion or another! In fact, many 'non religious', as in, non practicing religious people, believe that Jerusalem is a 'special' place... Which is why I believe Jerusalem would be better served as an 'international city of peace', controlled by an 'international organisation'... And, before people start jumping up and down, no, I don't necessarily believe that the UN would be the 'right' organisation to carry out that task!

Jerusalem is a 'divided city', unless you believe Israel's declaration of a 'united capital', which of course, it is not!

The mindless division of the middle east by the British and French, the double talk of the British, the lies told to both Arab and Jew alike has created a 'hornets nest' scenario that is near impossible to overcome without some serious rethinking by both Palestine and Israel AND without the intervention of the international community...

Israel cannot continue its belligerence, Palestine and Gaza cannot continue it's terrorism... Yet both sides think that this is a path to peace... It isn't!

The polarised opinions of both sides proves that neither side can find a peaceful solution alone...

The ONLY way to find peace is for neither side to 'lose face', but I fear that it is too late...

Yes I have...

What's your point?

Because Jerusalem consists of East, West, and the tiny Old City. West Jerusalem houses the Knesset, Israel Museum, President's House, and will remain under Israel. The Old City is too small and too important to Jews to be divided. But there are many Arab parts of East Jerusalem that can be the capital of Palestine, so to speak.

I think you are confused.com

Has Israel declared Jerusalem the "complete and united capital of Israel"?

Let me help you, yes it has... Yet, no other country nor organisation accepts that declaration...

Jerusalem is a divided city, no matter how you wish to dress it up and it is certainly NOT the "complete and united" capital of Israel...

That type of 'thinking' is THE reason why Jerusalem should be controlled by a 'multi national, multi religious, multi cultural' organisation...

If that doesn't happen then there will NEVER be peace in the region...

You think that East Jerusalem can be the capital of Palestine? Seriously? When I was there, East Jerusalem was, mostly Arab, yes, but controlled with the 'iron fist' of Israel...

I don't know of many 'capitals' that are controlled by a neighbouring country... Do you?

This video proves that half the Palestinians come from Egypt, and the other half from Saudi Arabia. Also, not one word about Christians. The entire video is about Jihad and the Muslim cause.

Bzzzt wrong. Israel today is majority Jews from the Middle East, or descendants of. Link? Ha ha ha.

Ashkenazi Jews make nearly 3 million in Israel... Ashkenazi Jews are primarily from Europe...

Let's not forget the Sephardic Jews who also come from Europe, amongst other places...

There was a genetics report a couple of years ago that suggested that Ashkenazi Jews are maternally descended from Europeans!
But dumbarse, if Jews as a whole (Ashkenazi, Sephardic, and Mizrahi) are overwhelmingly of Middle Eastern decent (75% according to the latest genetic studies), as it has been proven over and over, then the establishment of Israel is simply Jews returning to their ancestral, religious, and cultural homeland, which has been it's primary purpose from the beginning. Plus, Jews have maintained a presence in Israel and kept returning and repopulating for the last two thousand years, and it especially accelerated in the last 700 years of Ottoman rule, ending in a Jewish majority in Jerusalem by the 1850's.

But, dumbass, your extreme right wing, zionut beliefs that blinker the truth from you prove over and over again that genetic studies are flawed... With both trying to prove OR disprove the ridiculous claims of Jews being a race or otherwise!

You are a proven belligerent war monger intent on genocide of the Palestinians...

Your viewpoint is no different to that of Adolf Hitler, it's just a different peoples that you want to annihilate!

Ashkenazi Jews are descended from, primarily Europeans and Americans. Sephardic Jews primarily from Iberian Peninsula...

Have you not noticed how 'European' most Jews look these days? No? Go check out Google and look at photos of 'Israeli Jews', who you claim are a "race"... You will notice that there are VERY few who look like they originated in the middle east!
Blah blah blah. 75% of today's Jews can trace their ancestry to Israel and PSSSST they are in Israel, then they're where they belong.

They aren't 75% of Middle Eastern descent. And, the population of Jerusalem, a tiny part of the population of Palestine which 99% Christian and Muslim in the 1850s, was made up of the aforementioned European Zionist migrants, not of Middle Eastern origin. They were Europeans.
That's not what the scientific study cites. It's says 75% of Jews of jews today are of middle eastern ancestry.

And as proven, your antisemtic no Jews in Israel theory has been debunked.

Yes I have...

What's your point?

I think you are confused.com

Has Israel declared Jerusalem the "complete and united capital of Israel"?

Let me help you, yes it has... Yet, no other country nor organisation accepts that declaration...

Jerusalem is a divided city, no matter how you wish to dress it up and it is certainly NOT the "complete and united" capital of Israel...

That type of 'thinking' is THE reason why Jerusalem should be controlled by a 'multi national, multi religious, multi cultural' organisation...

If that doesn't happen then there will NEVER be peace in the region...

You think that East Jerusalem can be the capital of Palestine? Seriously? When I was there, East Jerusalem was, mostly Arab, yes, but controlled with the 'iron fist' of Israel...

I don't know of many 'capitals' that are controlled by a neighbouring country... Do you?
Yes, Jerusalem has always been the religious and spiritual capital of the Jewish people. It has zero significance to Muslims, other than a trophy to one of their many invasions and pillaging other lands.

Blah blah blah.

Seriously?

I know you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to making comments but that?

Yeah well done roodboy :clap:
And you're as sharp as a razor. But somehow you failed to address the fact that 75% of today's Jews can trace their ancestry to Israel, and you stuck to the blah blah blah.

That's not what the scientific study cites. It's says 75% of Jews of jews today are of middle eastern ancestry.

They would be the zionist scientific studies you have been reading then...

An INDEPENDENT scientific study in 2013 said that the maternal ancestry of Ashkenazi Jews were actually Italian!

Oh, and I'm not antisemitic, nor have I ever said that there were "no Jews in Israel"...

You see, I have educated mind and will happily criticize Palestinian leadership as well as Israeli leadership...

You have a brainwashed mind that is incapable of seeing anything other than "Jewish Victim" story...

I pity you roodboy!

Blah blah blah.

Seriously?

I know you are not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to making comments but that?

And you're as sharp as a razor. But somehow you failed to address the fact that 75% of today's Jews can trace their ancestry to Israel, and you stuck to the blah blah blah.

Sharper than you could ever dream to be roodboy...

You simply cannot accept fact over fiction... And you are incapable of holding a sensible conversation about fact!

That is YOUR failing!

An INDEPENDENT scientific study in 2013 said that the maternal ancestry of Ashkenazi Jews were actually Italian!

Oh, and I'm not antisemitic, nor have I ever said that there were "no Jews in Israel"...

You see, I have educated mind and will happily criticize Palestinian leadership as well as Israeli leadership...

You have a brainwashed mind that is incapable of seeing anything other than "Jewish Victim" story...

I pity you roodboy!
Your independent worthless study is of a small group of women, period. I have a study that is about a year and a half later than yours. Pity yourself.

DNA tester: 75 percent of Jews trace ancestry to Middle East

DNA Tester: 75 Percent of Jews Trace Ancestry to Middle East

Where did the Jews originate? For Bennett Greenspan, the founder and president of Family Tree DNA, there’s little doubt, and it can all be proven with a swab of cheek cells.

The overwhelming majority of Jews living today should be able to trace their roots back to the Middle East with a little DNA testing, he maintains, and all those who claim otherwise, as far as he’s concerned, have their history wrong.

“We’re not interlopers who came here from Eastern Europe, and we’re not Serbs or Kazars,” says Greenspan. “You can use whatever polemic you want to discredit the Jews or discredit the nation, but saying that we weren’t here is a lie.”

Greenspan was referring to the controversial book written by Tel Aviv University historian Shlomo Sand, which asserts that the Jews of today did not originate in this part of the world and that a “nation-race” of Jews never existed. Most of today’s Jews, he argues in “The Invention of the Jewish People” (2008), are the descendants of people who lived elsewhere in the world and were converted to Judaism. However, a major study published two years later by Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, claims that many contemporary Jews do, indeed, have a distinctive genetic signature and can trace their ancestry back to the Middle East.

Greenspan delivered a guest lecture in Israel on Wednesday at the Netanya Academic College on the DNA of the Jews. Nothing more than a bit of saliva, insists the entrepreneur and genealogy enthusiast, is required to prove the similarities in the genetic make-up of most Jewish men and women, and that’s because their ancestors once lived the same place. In response to a question from Haaretz, Greenspan said he estimates that “No less than 75 percent of Ashekanzi, Sephardi or Mizrahi Jews, their ancestors came from what we call the general Middle East” – an assessment which he says is based on his company’s database.

Family Tree DNA, a U.S.-based company with distributors in Europe and the United Arab Emirates and which Greenspan founded in 2000 while he was semi-retired, was the first company in the world to offer commercial DNA test kits. Today, about a half dozen other such companies exist. “I had sold my photographic supply business and was puttering around the house, getting in my wife’s way,” he recounts. “Finally, she said you should either pick up golf or go back to genealogy, at which point I started researching the only line of my eight great-grandparents’ lineages that I had never worked on.”

When he was eventually able to establish through DNA testing his blood relationship to someone in Argentina from that branch of family, Greenspan decided it was time to turn his life-long hobby into a business. To date, Family Tree DNA has tested more than one million people and has more than 700,000 records in its database. Among its more famous clients is the National Geographic Society. Altogether, says Greenspan, Jews comprise only about 3-4 percent of his clientele – much bigger than their share in the U.S. population, but just a fraction of his business.

Blah blah blah.

Seriously?

Sharper than you could ever dream to be roodboy...

You simply cannot accept fact over fiction... And you are incapable of holding a sensible conversation about fact!

That is YOUR failing!
You? Facts? Ha ha ha ha. Seriously, Mahmoud.

And here's a Stanford study. As good as it gets. Time to flush your your antisemtic myths down the Mecca.

New Genetic Study: More Evidence For Modern Ashkenazi Jews’ Ancient Hebrew Patrimony | Scope Blog

New genetic study: More evidence for modern Ashkenazi Jews’ ancient Hebrew patrimony
I hail from the so-called Ashkenazi branch of Jews, who account for the great majority of all Jews in the world today. Ashkenazis are distinguished by the historical fact that, over the last couple of thousand years or so, they propagated throughout Europe, generating and maintaining tens of thousands of distinctly Jewish communities in diverse countries spanning the entire continent. My dad was born in Lithuania; my mom’s mom came from an Eastern European region that has belonged to any one of about a half-dozen countries, depending on what particular year you happen to be talking about; and my mom’s dad grew up in Russia, near the Black Sea.

Tradition holds, though, that Ashkenazi Jews ultimately trace their origins straight back to ancient Israel, whence most Jews were expelled en masse in 70 CE by their Roman conquerors and sent skittering to all parts of the globe. (Jews who initially fled to Spain and Portugal are referred to as Sephardic. Those who took up residence in Iran, Turkey, Iraq and Northern Africa are designated as Mizrahi.)

But in the late 1970s I read what was then a recent book titled The Thirteenth Tribe, written by polymath Arthur Koestler, advancing a theory that today’s Ashkenazis descend not from the Holy Land but, rather, from Khazaria, a medieval Turkic empire in the Causasus region whose royals, caught between the rock of Islam and the hard place of Christendom, chose the politically expedient course of converting to Judaism. That hypothesis has become highly politicized, with some groups holding that Ashkenazis, who constitute half of Israel’s current population, are colonialist interlopers with zero historical claim to the land of Israel.

Plausible at the time, the Khazar-origin premise has crumbled under the onslaught of modern molecular genetics. The latest volley: a study published this week in Nature Communications. The study’s senior author, Stanford geneticist Peter Underhill, PhD, works in the lab of Carlos Bustamante, PhD, whose high-resolution techniques have highlighted the historical hopscotch of other migratory peoples.

Underhill, Bustamante and their co-authors analyzed the Y chromosome – a piece of the human genome invariably handed down father-to-son – of a set of Ashkenazi men claiming descent from Levi, the founder of one of the Twelve Tribes of Israel. (Names such as Levy, Levine and Levitt, for example, bespeak a Levite heritage.)

If Ashkenazis were the spawn of Khazar royals, their DNA would show it. But those Y chromosomes were as Levantine as a levant sandwich. The same genetic “signature” popped up on every Levite sampled (as well as a significant number of non-Levite Ashkenazis), strongly implying descent from a single common ancestor who lived in the Fertile Crescent between 1,500 and 2,500 years ago. That signature is absent in the Y chromosomes of modern European non-Jewish men, and in male inhabitants of what was once Khazaria.

Yes, 2,000 years is a long time, and a fellow gets lonely. Genetic studies of mitochrondria – tiny intracellular power packs that have their own dollop of DNA and are always inherited matrilineally – have conflicted (contrast this with this) but, in combination with broader studies of entire genomes, suggest that a bit of canoodling transpired between Ashkenazi men and local European women, in particular Italian women, early in that two-millenia European sojourn.

I can relate. My wife is 100 percent Italian by heritage, and my daughter by my first marriage is half-Italian.

...Which is why I believe Jerusalem would be better served as an 'international city of peace', controlled by an 'international organisation'.

The problem is that there is no international organization which is capable of providing either the idealism, the infrastructure or the security force necessary to make this possible. I believe only Israel has, in fact, these capabilities and thus they are the BEST (if not perfect) choice for control of Jerusalem.

I also think it is ironic that of all the historically significant places in the world, Jerusalem and the Temple Mount seems to be the only one where the original inhabitants are not given control of their own holy place and instead are required to share it. Its rather like taking away the sovereignty of the Pyramids of Egypt from the Egyptians and making them into shared historical sites.

...Which is why I believe Jerusalem would be better served as an 'international city of peace', controlled by an 'international organisation'.

The problem is that there is no international organization which is capable of providing either the idealism, the infrastructure or the security force necessary to make this possible. I believe only Israel has, in fact, these capabilities and thus they are the BEST (if not perfect) choice for control of Jerusalem.

I also think it is ironic that of all the historically significant places in the world, Jerusalem and the Temple Mount seems to be the only one where the original inhabitants are not given control of their own holy place and instead are required to share it. Its rather like taking away the sovereignty of the Pyramids of Egypt from the Egyptians and making them into shared historical sites.

There is no international organisation existing, that doesn't mean it couldn't be created!

Yes, I agree, why should the Palestinians be required to share Jerusalem?!?!

Seriously? You are going to claim that the group which has the oldest, original claim to Jerusalem and Temple Mount are "Palestinians" and not the Jewish people?

You can't possibly claim that unless you remove all meaning from the term "Palestinian".

I pity you roodboy!
Your independent worthless study is of a small group of women, period. I have a study that is about a year and a half later than yours. Pity yourself.

Where did the Jews originate? For Bennett Greenspan, the founder and president of Family Tree DNA, there’s little doubt, and it can all be proven with a swab of cheek cells.

The overwhelming majority of Jews living today should be able to trace their roots back to the Middle East with a little DNA testing, he maintains, and all those who claim otherwise, as far as he’s concerned, have their history wrong.

“We’re not interlopers who came here from Eastern Europe, and we’re not Serbs or Kazars,” says Greenspan. “You can use whatever polemic you want to discredit the Jews or discredit the nation, but saying that we weren’t here is a lie.”

Greenspan was referring to the controversial book written by Tel Aviv University historian Shlomo Sand, which asserts that the Jews of today did not originate in this part of the world and that a “nation-race” of Jews never existed. Most of today’s Jews, he argues in “The Invention of the Jewish People” (2008), are the descendants of people who lived elsewhere in the world and were converted to Judaism. However, a major study published two years later by Harry Ostrer, a medical geneticist from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, claims that many contemporary Jews do, indeed, have a distinctive genetic signature and can trace their ancestry back to the Middle East.

Greenspan delivered a guest lecture in Israel on Wednesday at the Netanya Academic College on the DNA of the Jews. Nothing more than a bit of saliva, insists the entrepreneur and genealogy enthusiast, is required to prove the similarities in the genetic make-up of most Jewish men and women, and that’s because their ancestors once lived the same place. In response to a question from Haaretz, Greenspan said he estimates that “No less than 75 percent of Ashekanzi, Sephardi or Mizrahi Jews, their ancestors came from what we call the general Middle East” – an assessment which he says is based on his company’s database.

Family Tree DNA, a U.S.-based company with distributors in Europe and the United Arab Emirates and which Greenspan founded in 2000 while he was semi-retired, was the first company in the world to offer commercial DNA test kits. Today, about a half dozen other such companies exist. “I had sold my photographic supply business and was puttering around the house, getting in my wife’s way,” he recounts. “Finally, she said you should either pick up golf or go back to genealogy, at which point I started researching the only line of my eight great-grandparents’ lineages that I had never worked on.”

When he was eventually able to establish through DNA testing his blood relationship to someone in Argentina from that branch of family, Greenspan decided it was time to turn his life-long hobby into a business. To date, Family Tree DNA has tested more than one million people and has more than 700,000 records in its database. Among its more famous clients is the National Geographic Society. Altogether, says Greenspan, Jews comprise only about 3-4 percent of his clientele – much bigger than their share in the U.S. population, but just a fraction of his business.

Calm down roodboy... You getting upset again LOL

You know of the report I speak of? Was around a 1000 Ashkenazi Jews sampled... Not a bad number!

Your study is hardly independent is it...

And, WTF does when the report was created have to do with it?

Was there a sudden change in DNA in 18 months? :cuckoo:

Seriously? You are going to claim that the group which has the oldest, original claim to Jerusalem and Temple Mount are "Palestinians" and not the Jewish people?

You can't possibly claim that unless you remove all meaning from the term "Palestinian".

Simply making a point Shusha...

You claim that one group is the 'rightful owner' of Jerusalem... And another group should not even be there...

That's the whole point as to why there SHOULD be an independent international group 'managing' Jerusalem...

The ONLY group of people who can make a 'claim' on Jerusalem is the one who's 'polarized' camp anyone is in...

Simply making a point Shusha...

You claim that one group is the 'rightful owner' of Jerusalem... And another group should not even be there...

Actually, you are claiming that the "Palestinians" are the "rightful owners" of Jerusalem and the Temple Mount. Defend that claim.

I pity you roodboy!

Calm down roodboy... You getting upset again LOL

You know of the report I speak of? Was around a 1000 Ashkenazi Jews sampled... Not a bad number!

Your study is hardly independent is it...

And, WTF does when the report was created have to do with it?

Was there a sudden change in DNA in 18 months? :cuckoo:
I'm very calm, it's you who's panicking. I quoted two independent studies, one by Stanford University. Both concluded that a vast majority of Jews...Ashkenazi, Sephardi, and Mizrahi can trace their DNA to Israel and the Middle East in General. And that was just two independent studies. There's more where that came from.

The date is important because it reflects the latest test results. Plus your so called study is defective as it studied a very small portion of Ashkenazi WOMEN only. Ashkenazi can be Bulgarian, German, British, Russian, French, Polish, Lithuanian, etc. they definitely did not sample enough of each of these. If I were you I'd flush that study down the Mecca.

You're shit outta luck on this one. What bogus theory will you promote next?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back