Michele Bachmann: Gay Community targeting children, see them as their prize

Do you agree with Michele Bachmann's statement about the Gay Community?

• Total voters
2004?

Two thousand fucking four?

Damn, such desperation.

Do statements a politician make have a expiration date where they can no longer be brought up? If so, could you please enlighten me? Otherwise, you're just deflecting.

Of course they do. That is why nobody on the right tried to hold Obama's relationship with Wright against him.

Oh, wait...

I think a POTUS candidate's ties to a racist, a land swindler, and avowed hardcore communist and a unrepentant domestic terrorist are quite relevant... don't you?

Of course children are part of the target to gain acceptance. You know she doesn't mean targeted for the purpose of "turning" them gay, but creating a society that finds being gay acceptable. Do you think gay people don't want this societal acceptance to happen? Are you living under a rock?

Explain the prize part of her statement then. If she means creating a society that finds being gay acceptable, why use the wording she did?

Need more context if you want to know "why" she said it that way....

I know I didn't read it that she believes the gays want to convert the little straight children...

There is indeed a "Radical Gay Agenda"... and believe me, not all, indeed most gays do NOT subscribe to it.

So you believe there is a "Radical Gay Agenda". So you disagree with Michele Bachmann that the Gay Community as a whole are targeting children and see them as their prize?
She said they are doing what "as a whole"?

Dishonest twit.

I think a POTUS candidate's ties to a racist, a land swindler, and avowed hardcore communist and a unrepentant domestic terrorist are quite relevant... don't you?

So therefore statements don't have a expiration date, correct?

It's fascinating to watch the rabid doggies go after one sentence said in 2004 on some local radio station, provided with no context.

I know doggie didn't find this nugget on his own and is just parroting some non-analytical source. Doggie's a good little parrot, though.

So therefore statements don't have a expiration date, correct?

Apples and oranges. I may have used the "N" word as a younger man, which is entirely different than having ongoing ties to the aforementioned.

Anyhoo, I don't see the big deal with what she said... it's true. Look at how the radical left have used the public school system to further their agenda... who's the target? The Janitors?

Apples and oranges. I may have used the "N" word as a younger man, which is entirely different than having ongoing ties to the aforementioned.

Anyhoo, I don't see the big deal with what she said... it's true. Look at how the radical left have used the public school system to further their agenda... who's the target? The Janitors?

Has Michele Bachmann come out and said her previous statement was wrong then? After all, you may have used the "N" word as a younger man, but you can or have acknowledged that it was wrong then.

I did already. The open teaching of any and all sexual relationships instead of just teaching respect and responsibility is targeting the kids.

So the Gay Community see children as their "prize" because they want them to be taught about sexual relationships? Is that what you're saying? If I'm wrong in what you're saying, please do point it out.

Yes, and that's all she is saying. The "prize" is "knowledge" She is not saying they want sex with kids :eek:

Sex ed in middle school used to be about being safe and taking care of yourself and self respect. The morality wasn't - that was left to parents and the home. Who does what with whom and how often is not necessary curriculum

Has Michele Bachmann come out and said her previous statement was wrong then?

What exactly do you think is wrong about that one sentence?

Lets flip the question, who here on the board thinks that Gay Marriage should be taught as something that is acceptable in schools? Should it be part of the curriculum at all?

No! No more than telling kids they are going to hell if they don't accept Jesus Christ as their Savior. Sex and religion need to be left to parents and not the schools.

Has Michele Bachmann come out and said her previous statement was wrong then? After all, you may have used the "N" word as a younger man, but you can or have acknowledged that it was wrong then.

I don't know that she has or hasn't. Frankly, she may still stand by her statement. I have no problem with it. My sister is a lesbian... and she will be the first to tell you that there is a VERY radical element of the gay community that has a VERY radical agenda. Most of the gay community want nothing to do with them. Hell, my sister is opposed to gay marriage.

Shocking but true.

Michele Bachmann - Wikiquote

On the gay community and same-sex marriage: “This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.

Be sure to vote in the poll, let's see who agree with Bachmann's statement.

Intelligent people would want to see the quote in context before commenting.

Why am I not surprised that you don't think context is important?

Of course children are part of the target to gain acceptance. You know she doesn't mean targeted for the purpose of "turning" them gay, but creating a society that finds being gay acceptable. Do you think gay people don't want this societal acceptance to happen? Are you living under a rock?

Explain the prize part of her statement then. If she means creating a society that finds being gay acceptable, why use the wording she did?

Seriously Modbert? Dude, you are way smarter than this. You have two audiences. Adults who have developed reasoning skills and years of life experience and you have children who trust those in authority and are susceptable to suggestion. If you were wanting to change society, which audience would be the "prize" audience. Which one would you get further with in forwarding your agenda? This isn't rocket science. Become a parent and you know exactly what she "meant" by her words.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not anti-gay. My sister has been with her partner for over 25 years now and I have no problem with it. My best friend from college (we graduated in '79) who I still see and keep up with is gay. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is a hetero or homosexual couple dry humping all over each other in public and expecting people to accept it as OK. It isn't.......as it isn't OK for schools to promote different sexualities in the classroom. It isn't the place anbd either side trying to access the classroom to push their agenda isn't OK with me. I will teach MY child about sex and relgion MYself, thank you very much.

On the gay community and same-sex marriage: “This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, appearing as guest on radio program “Prophetic Views Behind The News”, hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004.

Be sure to vote in the poll, let's see who agree with Bachmann's statement.

She's not only wise, she is compassionate. I believe she is right on.

I'd like to include some of her other quotes on that page about homosexuality. etc so that people can see more of her views in relation to the matter... (It's easier to read if you click on the link)

Homosexuality

Our K-12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality. on the radio program "Prophetic Views Behind The News", hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004.
talking about what she thought would happen if a proposed same-sex marriage ban failed to pass

And what a bizarre time we're in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you can't say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it.
on the radio program "Prophetic Views Behind The News", hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 6, 2004.

This is a very serious matter, because it is our children who are the prize for this community, they are specifically targeting our children.
on the radio program "Prophetic Views Behind The News", hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004
talking about the gay community

Don't misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.
EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004

This is not about hating homosexuals. I don't. I love homosexuals.
on the radio program "Prophetic Views Behind The News", hosted by Jan Markell, KKMS 980-AM, March 20, 2004

Last edited:

Forum List

Back