Michele Bachmann: Gay Community targeting children, see them as their prize

Do you agree with Michele Bachmann's statement about the Gay Community?

• Total voters
She's talking about the Gay Community. If I say the word community, at the very least I'm referring to the majority of a group of people. You're right, she didn't use the word entire. However, she did accuse the Gay Community.

To respond to what you wrote previously, I find what she said was wrong partly because of the language she used. You don't see her saying that the Christian Community are targeting children or see them as their prize. You don't see her saying this about Conservatives either. She knows exactly what she is doing by using the wording that she did.

If she is trying to say that the Gay Community simply want children to see they are just like anyone else, that's different. However, this is the same woman who in the same interview said the following about if a Gay Marriage ban failed in MN in 2004:

"Our K-12 public school system, of which ninety per cent of all youth are in the public school system, they will be required to learn that homosexuality is normal, equal and perhaps you should try it. And that will occur immediately, that all schools will begin teaching homosexuality."

Look at the part I bolded. She is clearly trying to say that Homosexuals are looking for more than just equality or wanted to be treated as normal.

And this wasn't a slip of the tongue, she said it again in the same interview:

"And what a bizarre time we're in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you can't say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it."

She clearly believes that the Gay agenda is to not only have children be taught Homosexuality is normal but that these kids should be trying it as well

Your slip is showing, you know the truth but want to pretend otherwise

Did Your english teacher in 5th grade instruct you in math?

Now will you realise that makes no statement about you but asks you a question.
Why do you hate America?

Not to mention.. what the hell does math have to do with any of this? I mean, is this person just a drunken idiot or what?
I honestly don't know. Drunk would explain a lot, but I honestly think she is mentally handicapped...severely...and she doesn't even know it.

So, what YOU find wrong in what she said is that she didn't say that Christians, or Nazis, or Communists, or Muslim terrorists, etc. find children to be a prize?

And what exactly is she doing? You seem to think that you have some special power to know what she was thinking when she said that. Rather delusional, but not surprising from you.

I never said I found it wrong she didn't say it about others and you know it. Your dishonesty is showing Si Modo. I said that her saying it about only Homosexuals was intentional, and pointed it out by showing she hasn't said it about any other group.

Michele Bachmann believes that Homosexuality is merely people suffering from sexual identity disorders and sexual dysfunction.

Michele Bachmann - Wikiquote

Don't misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.

EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004

On March 20, 2004 (same day as the quote from the OP), she said the following on the same radio show while talking about same-sex marriage:

This is an earthquake issue. This will change our state forever. Because the immediate consequence, if gay marriage goes through, is that K-12 little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal, natural and perhaps they should try it.

It's blatant fear mongering. That's what she doing not only with that quote but with the quote in the OP. Fear mongering is wrong.

So, what YOU find wrong in what she said is that she didn't say that Christians, or Nazis, or Communists, or Muslim terrorists, etc. find children to be a prize?

And what exactly is she doing? You seem to think that you have some special power to know what she was thinking when she said that. Rather delusional, but not surprising from you.

I never said I found it wrong she didn't say it about others. I said that her saying it about only Homosexuals was intentional, and pointed it out by showing she hasn't said it about any other group.

Michele Bachmann believes that Homosexuality is merely people suffering from sexual identity disorders and sexual dysfunction.

Michele Bachmann - Wikiquote

Don't misunderstand. I am not here bashing people who are homosexuals, who are lesbians, who are bisexual, who are transgender. We need to have profound compassion for people who are dealing with the very real issue of sexual dysfunction in their life and sexual identity disorders.

EdWatch National Education Conference, November 6, 2004

On March 20, 2004 (same day as the quote from the OP), she said the following on the same radio show while talking about same-sex marriage:

This is an earthquake issue. This will change our state forever. Because the immediate consequence, if gay marriage goes through, is that K-12 little children will be forced to learn that homosexuality is normal, natural and perhaps they should try it.

It's blatant fear mongering. That's what she doing not only with that quote but with the quote in the OP. Fear mongering is wrong.
So, as I have no context because you provided none, I think I can safely assume that the topic of her discussion on that local radio program was gays. And, you wanted her to talk about Nazis, Communists, and most other radical groups doing the same thing that a vocal part of the gay community is doing - targeting children for indoctrination?

That evil bitch. :cuckoo:

With no context to the conversation any votes would be questionable.

I think the statement itself is pretty straight forward. In what context is saying the gay community are targeting children and see them as a prize acceptable?

I'm not a fan of her and I have no issue with gays of them getting married but you could have provided a much better example of her position. Shit, Obama's position is anti gay marriage as he believes marriage is between a man and woman.

I like Ron Paul’s position, get Government out of Marriage and people can marry who they like.

Man,is there a voice of reason on this site or what? How many "I Hate Bachmann" threads are we going to have to endure? It's quickly heading towards a repeat of all that boring & repetitive PDS "I hate Palin" and "I hate Glenn Beck" stuff. So Ok Ok,we get it. You Lefties really really really hate that Bachmann woman. How many of these posts are we going to have to endure here at USMB? We understand that you Lefties/Democrats are gonna hate & smear any Republican Nominee. You guys hating Michele Bachmann really isn't News. I mean what Republican Nominee don't you hate? So can someone please step up here at USMB and be a voice of reason on this stuff? Maybe a Sticky Post stating that all Lefties/Democrats here at USMB really really really hate that Bachmann woman would be sufficient. How many Threads do really need on that? So please spare us another long boring nightmare. Someone please step up. Thank You.

Shouldn't her handlers suggest that she can the nonsense and stick to the important issues of the day?

So, as I have no context because you provided none, I think I can safely assume that the topic of her discussion on that local radio program was gays. And, you wanted her to talk about Nazis, Communists, and most other radical groups doing the same thing that a vocal part of the gay community is doing - targeting children for indoctrination?

Wrong. I never said she should use the same language against other groups, I was pointing out that her statements were blatant fear mongering. Just like when she said that not outlawing Gay Marriage would somehow make schools teach homosexuality to kids to the point that they should even try it.

You know this however. So trying to explain this to you I realize is a fruitless effort since you're trying to twist what I'm saying.

Wrong. I never said she should use the same language against other groups, I was pointing out that her statements were blatant fear mongering. Just like when she said that not outlawing Gay Marriage would somehow make schools teach homosexuality to kids to the point that they should even try it.

You know this however. So trying to explain this to you I realize is a fruitless effort since you're trying to twist what I'm saying.
I'm not twisting what you are saying. You are doing a damn good job of that yourself while making up your own shit about the one sentence quote.

I'm trying to understand what exactly was wrong about that single sentence. Can you articulate that or not?

We got a $14 trillion debt hanging over our heads and 10% unemployment with no relief in sight and she's out there railing on about gays.

WTF!

We got a $14 trillion debt hanging over our heads and 10% unemployment with no relief in sight and she's out there railing on about gays.

WTF!
Well, she did say it in 2004, long before this Obama clusterfuck of debt.

But your point is a good one. This is nothing but 'outrage' over something inconsequential in the current times.

Au contraire.

Her statement standing alone and taken in context (which I posted) show exaclty what you acknowledged above:
"And what a bizarre time we're in, Jan, when a judge will say to little children that you can't say the pledge of allegiance, but you must learn that homosexuality is normal and you should try it."

She clearly believes that the Gay agenda is to not only have children be taught Homosexuality is normal but that these kids should be trying it as well .

You are the one fear mongering and rely on others knee jerk reactions and willingness to believe a lie to do it. Well done it worked. You made lots of liberals look like fools :clap2:

Oh goody,another "I Hate Bachmann" Thread. Come on USMB,get it together. How many "I Hate Bachmann" Threads do we really need? I think we get it by now...The Left/Democrats hate all Republican Nominees. That's hardly News. So do we really need a Million "I Hate Bachmann" Threads here at USMB? Do we??

Lol, you've never heard of teaching about all the acceptable ways a person can experience love or the acceptable types of families to kindergarteners? If you want to change a social norm, the best way is to teach young children a new norm. Gay people are not stupid.

That is stupidity... although if you mean the best way to end discrimination is to education children and end the cycle of ignorance, that would be correct.

But if you mean it the way the rightwingntus mean it... which is that gays victimize children, the premise is absurd and is intended to be the typical rightwing let's scare people about the gay menace trash...

Lol, you've never heard of teaching about all the acceptable ways a person can experience love or the acceptable types of families to kindergarteners? If you want to change a social norm, the best way is to teach young children a new norm. Gay people are not stupid.

That is stupidity... although if you mean the best way to end discrimination is to education children and end the cycle of ignorance, that would be correct.

But if you mean it the way the rightwingntus mean it... which is that gays victimize children, the premise is absurd and is intended to be the typical rightwing let's scare people about the gay menace trash...
You're not really in a position to know what the "rightwingnuts" mean. And, if you read the thread, you would know exactly what those who you assume are "rightwingnuts' mean, and it's not what you posted.

the majority of pedophiles are married heterosexuals, I think she should be focusing on this victimization of children issue, but she and they won't.

Hey the Left/Democrats hate Michele Bachmann! Whoda thunk it? And now comes the boring & repetitive smears. Haven't we seen this TV Show before? The Left/Democrats hating Michele Bachmann is hardly News. So who cares?

Forum List

Back