Man in Santa Suit Kills 8

Whether the statistics are 6 years old or 6 minutes old, the point remains the same .. the more guns, the more gun deaths .. and there is really no sane argument that disputes that.

AND .. the point of these and a plethora of other statistics that demonstrate the same thing .. criminals aren't the ones killing most of those who die by guns .. criminals aren't the ones killing the children of gun owners.

My point is, let those who want them have them .. they're just killing each other and their own children anyway.

I'm betting there is no element in society more happy about more guns than the criminal element.

Sure there's a point to arguing it. The more criminals willing to use guns, the more deaths would be FAR more accurate.

Criminals ARE the ones doing the killing. Unless you consider murder not a crime for the purposes of your argument.

The fact is, had Santa pulled out a gun in my ass I'd have shot his ass and there would have been 1 (count 'em) death. Criminals use guns. Get used to it. When they come to commit a crime and you don't, you are at their mercy.

Now, when you and whoever manage to come up a plan that works to get rid of each and every firearm on this planet, and I can give mine up last, I'll go with it. Then we can go back to killing each other with swords, knives, spears and clubs.

Until then, I'm keeping mine and voting against anyone trying take it away and if people like you have their way and get your little police state set up to take them, mine will have suddenly been "stolen."

You know, it's not so much that guns kill people as much as it is that undisciplined fools, who have no training or respect for firearms are the ones that kill people.

If I pull a gun on something, you can bet I'm aiming to shoot to stop and/or kill.

Close group, dead center mass.

It's only the assholes that think they are "gangsta" that keep fucking up and shooting without aiming.

That's where the collateral damage to people and property comes in.

You know, it's not so much that guns kill people as much as it is that undisciplined fools, who have no training or respect for firearms are the ones that kill people.

If I pull a gun on something, you can bet I'm aiming to shoot to stop and/or kill.

Close group, dead center mass.

It's only the assholes that think they are "gangsta" that keep fucking up and shooting without aiming.

That's where the collateral damage to people and property comes in.

Yeah, but you got too many fools on the other side of the coin that blame the tool rather than the person using it. If it wasn't guns it would be something else. They'd be wanting to ban swords or bows-n-arrows.

I agree with you. If I draw a weapon, I'm planning on using it and I'm not planning on wounding anyone.

You're right Roomy.

And, when guns aren't available, then people go for the creative ways. Ever heard of the Brass Bull? How's about the Iron Maiden.

Nope.......don't really need anything to kill people.

Ever hear of martial arts?

Guns just make it easier for the lazy and undisciplined to kill.

The stat in the UK for 2007 was that there are 28 crimes committed with guns every day. There is 1 murder every week with a gun.

Are there more with knives? Of course there are..but this is a stat from a country that has had very strict guns laws for hundreds of years and for the last 10 years they have been even stricter.

Sure there's a point to arguing it. The more criminals willing to use guns, the more deaths would be FAR more accurate.

Criminals ARE the ones doing the killing. Unless you consider murder not a crime for the purposes of your argument.

The fact is, had Santa pulled out a gun in my ass I'd have shot his ass and there would have been 1 (count 'em) death. Criminals use guns. Get used to it. When they come to commit a crime and you don't, you are their mercy.

Now, when you and whoever manage to come up a plan that works to get rid of each and every firearm on this planet, and I can give mine up last, I'll go with it. Then we can go back to killing each other with swords, knives, spears and clubs.

Until then, I'm keeping mine and voting against anyone trying take it away and if people like you have their way and get your little police state set up to take them, mine will have suddenly been "stolen."

You miss the point .. I want you to have your guns .. buy more if you choose.

Most people who die by gun deaths kill themselves .. unless you want to call them criminals, then criminals did not kill them.

Nearly all childhood unintentional shooting deaths occur in or around the home. Fifty percent occur in the home, and 40% occur in the home of a friend. .. In other words, criminals did not kill them.

Guns are used in self-defense in home invasions less then 2% of the time.

AND, criminals aren't the ones increasing gun death statistics .. gun owners are as they kill themselves and people they know. They even add to the criminal statistics when they kill someone other than themselves.

Had Santa stuck a gun in your ass my brother, you have no clue how that would have turned out. I'm sure Santa wasn't going to warn you in time to grab your six-gun.

That alone equates to several hundred thousand.

Tell me..in a population of 60 million....what "several hundred thousand" would that be?

Remember, the police and armed forces do not count in those figures. I am curious....what these "several hundred thousand" would be.

Had Santa stuck a gun in your ass my brother, you have no clue how that would have turned out. I'm sure Santa wasn't going to warn you in time to grab your six-gun.

Ummmm.......that is where you would be wrong BAC. Ever seen a Marine with a gun pointed at them? They are faster than you can imagine, and generally come up with both the gun, and the offender, with the offender ending up in the morgue or the hospital.

Besides, Marines don't need guns. They're deadly all by themselves. Trust me, I was trained by them for Security Force.

Whether the statistics are 6 years old or 6 minutes old, the point remains the same .. the more guns, the more gun deaths .. and there is really no sane argument that disputes that.

AND .. the point of these and a plethora of other statistics that demonstrate the same thing .. criminals aren't the ones killing most of those who die by guns .. criminals aren't the ones killing the children of gun owners.

My point is, let those who want them have them .. they're just killing each other and their own children anyway.

I'm betting there is no element in society more happy about more guns than the criminal element.

I think you will find that in the UK..they are the criminals killing the people with guns...far more than normal gun owners.

The stat in the UK for 2007 was that there are 28 crimes committed with guns every day. There is 1 murder every week with a gun.

Are there more with knives? Of course there are..but this is a stat from a country that has had very strict guns laws for hundreds of years and for the last 10 years they have been even stricter.

And you think 50 firearm murders a year is high?I don't understand what point you are trying to make, you seem to be undermining yourself.Correct me if I am wrong.

Suicide is part of Japanese culture .. from hata-kite to kamakazie .. it's part of their culture .. and there is a shitload of statistics and studies that demonstrate rates of suicide directly connected to the availability of guns.

I'm not arguing against gun ownership .. if they want them, let them kill themselves and their loved ones.

The probelm arises only when the kill someone else and their loved ones.

What the heck is hata-kite????????I think you mean hara-kiri...:lol:

And you think 50 firearm murders a year is high?I don't understand what point you are trying to make, you seem to be undermining yourself.Correct me if I am wrong.

The point I am making is that even in a country where guns are outlawed, except to those using them for their job or sport.....people are murdered with them.

Banning them, especially in a country where there are already of millions of guns will do nothing to the law abiding citizen except to take them away from them and leave only the criminals with them.

The stats you have to look at are the ones which show a decrease in deaths by homicide and suicide when strict gun controls are enforced.

And there aren't any. All there is out there is a bunch of blathering about how the number killed by guns decreases. Well yeah, it would. But the point is, the crime rate typically goes up, and suicide rates are not affected at all.

And those 2.5 million people every year who avert disaster protecting themselves with their own guns would start showing up in the stats, if they were ever required to give up their guns.

One of the stats I found the other day showed that the UK has the highest break-in rate of I don't know what (surely not the world, but higher than the US) and they essentially don't have guns.

Suicide rates are highest in countries which have no guns or strict gun control. Nothing happens to the actual rates when the guns are reduced or removed. Well, sometimes they increase a little (Washington DC's crime rate quadrupled after they started enforcing strict gun laws. It still hasn't come back down all the way).

So, which is it Allie, are you in favor of gun control or gun ownership?

Me? I think that guns should be liscenced like cars. You've got to go through a 6 month course, with grades for marksmanship, then you get a beginner's permit. After you turn 18? Full liscence that needs to be renewed every 4 years.

That would stop a lot of crap.

Tell me..in a population of 60 million....what "several hundred thousand" would that be?

Remember, the police and armed forces do not count in those figures. I am curious....what these "several hundred thousand" would be.

There are clay pigeon and other gun clubs all over the country.Many thousands shoot in the countryside on a daily basis.All farmers and probably farm workers will own guns, gamekeepers, landed gentry.They never took away the right to own these guns.They only outlawed firearms that they deemed unnecessary to the general public such as handguns and semi automatics etc, these have to be kept at gun clubs where they can be used for the shooting of targets.

Edited to add: you can own as many shotguns as you can safely store.I personally know someone who owns double figures in guns.

Last edited:
Ummmm.......that is where you would be wrong BAC. Ever seen a Marine with a gun pointed at them? They are faster than you can imagine, and generally come up with both the gun, and the offender, with the offender ending up in the morgue or the hospital.

Besides, Marines don't need guns. They're deadly all by themselves. Trust me, I was trained by them for Security Force.

I have no argument with that brother .. they're trained to respond .. however, marines die by gun deaths just like everybody else. Their training certainly increases their chance of survival, no doubt .. but when guns are involved, the outcome is never certain.

Isshinryu teaches the closer you are to me with a gun, the better chance I have of survival .. but as with marines, nothing is certain.

In the end, most people will have to rely on their instincts, courage, and will.

That being said, criminals roll the dice when they pull a gun .. hoping they person they've pulled it on isn't you or Gunny.

You know......I grew up in Montana, and hunted for my own meat most of the time.

Why the fuck would anyone think that hunting for a deer with a semi-automatic assault rifle is a good idea?

I was raised 1 shot, 1 kill.

Forum List

Back