Lions vs Chiefs to start the year

Poor decisions by the Detroit front office have plagued this team for decades.
Look at Dallas. Jones won 3 in a row. Not easy to do it again.

We had the great Bret Favre and Aaron Rogers in our division all those years. Both of them only won once.

Point is, it’s not easy. Lions have been mediocre to horrible true but maybe this year we are Tampa bay bucks or la rams.

One year is meaningless. There is only one consistent factor in the Lions 65 years of losing. The Ford family.
A lion fan has to etch a sketch that shit every year. Last year I was already thinking about last Thursdays game after week one last year when we lost to Philly. Then they won week two so I gav them a second chance. But of course they lost the next 5 games in a row. And of course won 8 of last 10 games and ALMOST made the playoffs. Of course. I already knew they’d fail after week one. You could just tell. As a lion fan you just know.

But I’m feeling good about this year. Lol

A lion fan has to etch a sketch that shit every year. Last year I was already thinking about last Thursdays game after week one last year when we lost to Philly. Then they won week two so I gav them a second chance. But of course they lost the next 5 games in a row. And of course won 8 of last 10 games and ALMOST made the playoffs. Of course. I already knew they’d fail after week one. You could just tell. As a lion fan you just know.

But I’m feeling good about this year. Lol

Being a Lion's fan is it's own particular form of PTSD

My husband was a bleed-blue fan before we were married in the early 90s and for his own good health he had to dial it back. Still never misses a game on TV, but he stopped going and giving them his money. If you live in MI, you get it

Mahomes had a couple of wow throws, but not as many as usual, and he looked super slow. Maybe losing their offensive coordinator is a big deal.
Bienemy was a huge loss, but he deserved a chance at a head coaching job.
Kelce being out didn't help either.

Generally, KC just looked subpar on both sides of the ball in the second haf.

My husband was a bleed-blue fan before we were married in the early 90s and for his own good health he had to dial it back. Still never misses a game on TV, but he stopped going and giving them his money. If you live in MI, you get it
I do. This is why the Ford family doesn’t care. We sell out every game. The Silverdome was huge and we even sold out those games.

I remember going to a home game the year we didn’t win a game. That game was not sold out. It was quiet like a funeral.

But as long as the lions are half decent and at least in the hunt, we root, cheer and watch. Maybe this is our year we always say. Look at last year. It was fun watching them win 8 of their last 10 games and not make the playoffs By one game. Lol

There is a player on Kansas City who sat in a box seat to watch the game. He’s holding out for more money. Apparently his absence was worse than not having kelsey

They were wondering whose tickets h used to sit in that box. The team pay for that?

Sorry champ but anyone who thinks the Lions (or any team for that matter) are the best team in the league based on a single game is a dumbass.
Didn't say that knucklefucker.
I said based on the numbers the Lions are DEMONSTRABLY the best RIGHT NOW.
And nothing you can say for the next 6.5 hours can change that.

Only thing is that Bienemy is still an offensive coordinator. This time for Washington

Beating the defending Super Bowl champs week one is a good start. Remember the people arguing with you lost money on Thursday. They were already wrong. So why care what they say next?

They don’t realize that usually if a guy like Kelsea is out. Hell, even with a back up qb in the past the lions still lost this game. The fact they didn’t tells me MAYBE this team is different.

I can’t wait to discuss after todays games. Should be interesting.

Firs two games on my tv are sf vs Pittsburgh. Sf will win. And Tampa vs Vikings. I hope Tampa wins but I go with the Vikings. They’re in my division so I hope I’m wrong

Jacksonville should be improved. They played the “Cheats” tough in that recent playoff loss. If i remeber right JV was driving near KC 4yd line down 8 very late with all momentum. Then disaster struck, a fumble cost them a chance to get to OT?

point is, road game for KC is not a lock. Look what JV did to SD last year (down 30-0) yet won. Take note, Sealy picked KC to win.

Last edited:

Are you competing with LA RAM FAN for dumbest poster honors? Tell you what can have dumbest take of the day.

I never could afford to go to an NFL game, but I did watch the Lions games when I could. And yeah, being a Lions fan is a challenge to your mental health, no doubt about it. I do have a knock-off cap and tee shirt though. Birthday presents.

Are you competing with LA RAM FAN for dumbest poster honors? Tell you what can have dumbest take of the day.
The NFL is rigged. Only Patrick Mahomes is not in on it. Or the LA Rams. According to LA Ram Fan, these two won despite the refs being against them.

And this year the cheaters got to the 7 receivers that Mahomes throws to to make sure they drop important 3rd down passes. Don’t worry about the coach cutting you from the team he’s in on 8t too. Not just the Seattle and New England coaches.

Forum List

Back