Lions vs Chiefs to start the year

I never could afford to go to an NFL game, but I did watch the Lions games when I could. And yeah, being a Lions fan is a challenge to your mental health, no doubt about it. I do have a knock-off cap and tee shirt though. Birthday presents.
When I know the lions suck I switch to hater mode. Hate on Dallas, Green Bay, The Bills. Instead of rooting for we root against.

Yea, not good for the psychi

An OKLA rb that was fast and smaller. Orange bowl star too? Wild end zone dance. Chicken legging it.

after sobering up, it was not Billy Simms with wild TD dance. As soon as I turned on RedZone i re-thought.

it was Billy White Shoes Johnson. He of the Bum Philips Houston Oilers era teams I think. I will look it up when I get a chance. or somebody help out. My battery is charging.

I never could afford to go to an NFL game, but I did watch the Lions games when I could. And yeah, being a Lions fan is a challenge to your mental health, no doubt about it. I do have a knock-off cap and tee shirt though. Birthday presents.

way, WAY back in the day, you could get tickets to the Silverdome that didn't bust the bank. Part of the fun was dodging fist fights and avoiding having beer spilled on you! Ford Field is nicer and predictably, much more $$

Being a Lion's fan is it's own particular form of PTSD

My husband was a bleed-blue fan before we were married in the early 90s and for his own good health he had to dial it back. Still never misses a game on TV, but he stopped going and giving them his money. If you live in MI, you get it
:thankusmile: Smartest move your husband ever made in his life.:thup: My best friend pisses me off,I keep telling him to dump his season tickets but it’s useless,he is an idiot who keeps helping the nfl rip people off.i never give them a dime of my money anymore.

:thankusmile: Smartest move your husband ever made in his life.:thup: My best friend pisses me off,I keep telling him to dump his season tickets but it’s useless,he is an idiot who keeps helping the nfl rip people off.i never give them a dime of my money anymore.
Like I tell my dad who won’t pay the extra $10 a month to see Tiger, pistons and redwing games. They don’t give a fuck about guys like you.

You probably have the nfl network.

Beating the defending Super Bowl champs week one is a good start. Remember the people arguing with you lost money on Thursday. They were already wrong. So why care what they say next?

They don’t realize that usually if a guy like Kelsea is out. Hell, even with a back up qb in the past the lions still lost this game. The fact they didn’t tells me MAYBE this team is different.

I can’t wait to discuss after todays games. Should be interesting.

Firs two games on my tv are sf vs Pittsburgh. Sf will win. And Tampa vs Vikings. I hope Tampa wins but I go with the Vikings. They’re in my division so I hope I’m wrong
If Keysey's there, this is a different game. Those drops were mostly balls in Kelsey's area.

OMG MY STEELERS WERE HORRIBLE.

Maybe one day we'll figure out KP is not THE MAN and if yesterday didn't show it...who knows when?

Niners are what we know them to be. Solid front 7 on both sides. Purdy wasn't great but doesn't need to be.

Dallas D is for real. Giants O? Not so much.

Hopefully the Bengals were crappy because of the rain.

There's no competition.
They retired the honor after you were dumb-defeated for 10 years.
? That sentence doesnt even make sense. Why dont you take a minute gather your thoughts, maybe phone a friend and try again. I'll give you a mulligan, ok sport?

If Keysey's there, this is a different game. Those drops were mostly balls in Kelsey's area.

OMG MY STEELERS WERE HORRIBLE.

Maybe one day we'll figure out KP is not THE MAN and if yesterday didn't show it...who knows when?

Niners are what we know them to be. Solid front 7 on both sides. Purdy wasn't great but doesn't need to be.

Dallas D is for real. Giants O? Not so much.

Hopefully the Bengals were crappy because of the rain.
Dallas looked real good. OMG is Dak capable of winning a superbowl? I need to relax. Lots of season left. But I'm sure Dallas fans are happy today.

Poor Denver. Russell isn't working out?

Not afraid of Miami or Bills. Based on last year
Could Aaron Rogers lead the Jets to a Supebowl? I'd be rooting against him but that would be cool.

Ravens should be good?

I hate it but my pick right now is Dallas. If not the Lion's of course.

? That sentence doesnt even make sense. Why dont you take a minute gather your thoughts, maybe phone a friend and try again. I'll give you a mulligan, ok sport?
I told you they retired the trophy.
It's been yours for years.
No need to try to win again.

BTW...That YOU can't make sense of the sentence is why you won 10 straight years.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dallas looked real good. OMG is Dak capable of winning a superbowl? I need to relax. Lots of season left. But I'm sure Dallas fans are happy today.

Poor Denver. Russell isn't working out?

Not afraid of Miami or Bills. Based on last year
Could Aaron Rogers lead the Jets to a Supebowl? I'd be rooting against him but that would be cool.

Ravens should be good?

I hate it but my pick right now is Dallas. If not the Lion's of course.
Based solely on yesterday, the Niners.
Can't expect Dallas to put up 14 points on D every week but the Niners D along with the brutal efficiency of the offense?
Still on the Chiefs for the AFC.

I told you they retired the trophy.
It's been yours for years.
No need to try to win again.

BTW...That YOU can't make sense of the sentence is why you won 10 straight years.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wow. Read the sentence you wrote again dum dum.

"They retired the honor after you were dumb-defeated for 10 years."

That sentence is terrible. Seriously.

Wow. Read the sentence you wrote again dum dum.

"They retired the honor after you were dumb-defeated for 10 years."

That sentence is terrible. Seriously.
UN-defeated
DUMB-defeated.

The second one is you sparky.
That you don't get it is WHY it's you.

Based solely on yesterday, the Niners.
Can't expect Dallas to put up 14 points on D every week but the Niners D along with the brutal efficiency of the offense?
Still on the Chiefs for the AFC.

Watching SF do well gave me PTSD. Flash back to the year we were going to be in the playoffs for sure. Jim Harbaugh beats us, runs up to the Lion's coach Jim Schwarts, violently shakes his hand and I believe steals his MOJO right there on national TV. Schwarts was never the same again.

We won the first 5 games. Undefeated. Then SF came to Ford Field, handed us our ass and we weren't the same after that. What a crazy year.

Watching SF do well gave me PTSD. Flash back to the year we were going to be in the playoffs for sure. Jim Harbaugh beats us, runs up to the Lion's coach Jim Schwarts, violently shakes his hand and I believe steals his MOJO right there on national TV. Schwarts was never the same again.

We won the first 5 games. Undefeated. Then SF came to Ford Field, handed us our ass and we weren't the same after that. What a crazy year.
I don't think the Lions are as good as the Niners but they're a top 5 NFC team.
Maybe top 3

I'm not sure we can accurately estimate how good (or not good) the Lions will be this year, relative to the rest of the NFC or the league as a whole, not after only one game. I suspect they can play much better and not much worse than they did in KC, but I'm also not ready to proclaim them in the top this or that. The same might be said for the other NFCN teams and Seattle too, so I ain't going to worry about rankings and who is better than who. I'm just going to enjoy the ride and hope the Lions beat the crap outta Seattle on Sunday. No offense to Seahawk fans, but payback is a bitch.

Forum List

Back