Detroit Lions win NFCN, 3rd playoff seed

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Gutsy decision by Campbell to play his starters in a game where even if they won their chances of being the #2 seed were very slim. And since Dallas won, Detroit ends up with the #3 seed but in the process lost their starting TE to a knee injury and possibly some others too. Some might say it wasn't very smart to do play your best players, but I kinda think you owe it to your fans in the stadium that shelled out a lot of money to attend that game and they deserve to see the best players play.

So, they'll host the LA Rams next week with former Lions QB Matt Stafford under center for the Rams. It's been a pretty good season for the Lions, many thought they could and would win the division, which they did. But the Rams are a hot team with an excellent passing attack which Detroit has problems defending. Sooo, this has all the earmarks of a big-time shootout. Go Lions!

Ex-Lions QB Matthew Stafford views playing in Detroit as fun on a personal level​

XUZOEELFSRBAHMVW2KC72ZSB3Y.jpg

Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford, left, scrambles under pressure from Detroit Lions linebacker Julian Okwara (99) during the second half of an NFL football game Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021, in Inglewood, Calif. (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez)AP

“It’s awesome,” Stafford said. “The opportunity happens to be in Detroit, which is fun for me on a personal level. We’ve got some other guys on the team from the city, too, which is really cool. I know it’s going to be rocking there. (The Lions) haven’t had a playoff game there in about 30 years or whatever it is. So it’ll be a great atmosphere, it’ll be a tough task for us, but definitely excited.”

<snip>

". . . Sunday’s showdown will be Stafford’s first time playing at Ford Field in a Rams jersey, but it won’t be his first game against the Lions. While boasting a woeful 0-6 record, the Lions ventured to SoFi Stadium during Week 7 of the 2021 season to face the Rams, losing 28-19. Stafford finished the game with an impressive 334 passing yards and three touchdowns. . . "

MisterBeale for someone who doesn’t care about pro sports or football,you could have fooled me posting this article.lol

Too bad the op doesn’t understand that the Lions will never be in a Super Bowl because they made a deal with the NFL that if they wanted to continue hosting a game on thanksgiving the price they were going to pay was they were never going to be allowed a Super Bowl appearance,you posted some article on this sometime way back many years ago Beal,that’s how I know this,you may not remember it but I do.you mentioned that Barry sanders found out about it and that was the real reason he retired from the nfl when he had so many more years left he could have played.the reason he gave publicly was not the real reason.

For anybody that has doubts about this you are incapable of critical thinking.ever notice theLions have always gotten screwed by refs over the years far more so than other teams? Kinda like how in the playoffs the patriots always got all the calls go their way and never had bad calls go against them in their wins to get to the superbowl while the bad calls always went against the other teams at the most crucial time yet people here still deny reality the owner had the refs in their pockets. :cuckoo:

Getting back to the Lions think about it fir a sec.Stafford never had a prayer on the planet of ever being in a Super Bowl as long as he played fir the Lions so they did him the best favorin the world trading him to the Rams.

Think about this fir a sec,remember that playoff game with the Lions and cowboys that stafford was a part of where in the final minutes of the game it was third and long for the Lions and stafford threw the ball deep down the field and the Dallas defender was all over the Lions receiver mugging him and the refs correctly threw a yellow flag for pass interference against the cowboys but then later picked it up and said no pass interference was committed and no explanation was even given for why the flag was picked up and why the call was changed? Instead of getting a first down and having a chance to kick the winning field goal,because of the call it was fourth down fir the Lions and they had to punt the ball because of a call that changed the outcome of the game.

Had the refs not picked up that flag and made the correct call,the Lions would have won that game,that call totally changed the outcome of the game.as I said that was not just a onetime thing either,anytime the Lions arein big games that are close,the calls always go to the other teams same as the patriots always got all the calls and never bad calls against them and the bad calls always went against the other teams at the most crucial part of the games the years they won all those afc title games. That was about the worst call I ever can remember in a playoff game right up there with the tuck rule over an obvious fumble the whole world knew was a fumble.

How people cannot see all these years later these games are as scripted as elections are is incredible,

The players are no longer allowed to decide the outcome of playoffs and superbowls anymore,the refs do and yet the sheep ignorantly keep watching the nfl over and over again. :cuckoo:
Beam me up scotty,there is no intelligent lifeforms on this planet.

I Wasn’t even aware there were any nfl games yesterday on Sunday till I heard someone mention something about the chiefs winning,otherwise I had no idea there were any nfl games going on had they not said anything.

Last edited:
MisterBeale for someone who doesn’t care about pro sports or football,you could have fooled me posting this article.lol

Too bad the op doesn’t understand that the Lions will never be in a Super Bowl because they made a deal with the NFL that if they wanted to continue hosting a game on thanksgiving the price they were going to pay was they were never going to be allowed a Super Bowl appearance,you posted some article on this sometime way back many years ago Beal,that’s how I know this,you may not remember it but I do.you mentioned that Barry sanders found out about it and that was the real reason he retired from the nfl when he had so many more years left he could have played.the reason he gave publicly was not the real reason.

For anybody that has doubts about this you are incapable of critical thinking.ever notice theLions have always gotten screwed by refs over the years far more so than other teams? Kinda like how in the playoffs the patriots always got all the calls go their way and never had bad calls go against them in their wins to get to the superbowl while the bad calls always went against the other teams at the most crucial time yet people here still deny reality the owner had the refs in their pockets. :cuckoo:

Getting back to the Lions think about it fir a sec.Stafford never had a prayer on the planet of ever being in a Super Bowl as long as he played fir the Lions so they did him the best favorin the world trading him to the Rams.

Think about this fir a sec,remember that playoff game with the Lions and cowboys that stafford was a part of where in the final minutes of the game it was third and long for the Lions and stafford threw the ball deep down the field and the Dallas defender was all over the Lions receiver mugging him and the refs correctly threw a yellow flag for pass interference against the cowboys but then later picked it up and said no pass interference was committed and no explanation was even given for why the flag was picked up and why the call was changed? Instead of getting a first down and having a chance to kick the winning field goal,because of the call it was fourth down fir the Lions and they had to punt the ball because of a call that changed the outcome of the game.

Had the refs not picked up that flag and made the correct call,the Lions would have won that game,that call totally changed the outcome of the game.as I said that was not just a onetime thing either,anytime the Lions arein big games that are close,the calls always go to the other teams same as the patriots always got all the calls and never bad calls against them and the bad calls always went against the other teams at the most crucial part of the games the years they won all those afc title games. That was about the worst call I ever can remember in a playoff game right up there with the tuck rule over an obvious fumble the whole world knew was a fumble.

How people cannot see all these years later these games are as scripted as elections are is incredible,

The players are no longer allowed to decide the outcome of playoffs and superbowls anymore,the refs do and yet the sheep ignorantly keep watching the nfl over and over again. :cuckoo:

I Wasn’t even aware there were any nfl games yesterday on Sunday till I heard someone mention something about the chiefs winning,otherwise I had no idea there were any nfl games going on had they not said anything.
Let's hope they don't win!

Look at the color of their uniforms!? Look at what is going on in the world RIGHT NOW!?

If they DO win? It will just be a confirmation from the global ruling psychopaths, that this is, indeed, the beginning of the end that they have been planning!

Revelation 5:5

@MisterBeale for someone who doesn’t care about pro sports or football

Don't mistake my not being invested in who wins or loses in the traditional sense, as not taking an interest. :smoke:

Gutsy decision by Campbell to play his starters in a game where even if they won their chances of being the #2 seed were very slim. And since Dallas won, Detroit ends up with the #3 seed but in the process lost their starting TE to a knee injury and possibly some others too. Some might say it wasn't very smart to do play your best players, but I kinda think you owe it to your fans in the stadium that shelled out a lot of money to attend that game and they deserve to see the best players play.

So, they'll host the LA Rams next week with former Lions QB Matt Stafford under center for the Rams. It's been a pretty good season for the Lions, many thought they could and would win the division, which they did. But the Rams are a hot team with an excellent passing attack which Detroit has problems defending. Sooo, this has all the earmarks of a big-time shootout. Go Lions!
Staffords a bad mofo.

Don’t I say the same thing about you? You used to say you weren’t watching too. Until that just wasn’t believable any longer.

What a conspiracy theorist. Barry found out and that’s why he retired? Good to see you’re still goofy.

What a conspiracy theorist. Barry found out and that’s why he retired? Good to see you’re still goofy.
C'mon man, even you have to admit. . .

iu

Hell will freeze over, and it will definitely be an end times sign, the day the Lions win the Super Bowl?

Git ya head screwed on straight. :rolleyes:

C'mon man, even you have to admit. . .

iu

Hell will freeze over, and it will definitely be an end times sign, the day the Lions win the Super Bowl?

Git ya head screwed on straight. :rolleyes:
Yea but you would have said that about Michigan football on November 10th. The day before they beat 13th ranked Penn State. The chances they were beat them, then go on to beat Ohio, then beat Iowa to win the Big 10 championship. THEN beat Bama and THEN Beat whoever we had to face in the National Championship.

And

Brutal arctic blast blanketing much of the US is set to deliver record cold temperatures as the South braces for snow and ice​

Pipe-bursting cold, snow and ice threat to reach into the South​

Weekend of Arctic storms could break low-temperature records in U.S. heartland​

Parts of Montana fell below minus 30 degrees Fahrenheit (minus 34 degrees Celsius) Saturday morning, and the National Weather Service said similar temperatures were expected as far as northern Kansas, with minus 50 F (minus 46 C) possible in the Dakotas.

Forum List

Back