Lions ticket prices highest ever for Divisional Round game.

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
The avg. price I saw today was $1,131.00 for a ticket online to this game.

I guess when you only get there every 30 years, you have to consider inflation

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions continue to be one of the hottest tickets in the history of the NFL playoffs.

They’ll host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in a divisional-round game on Sunday afternoon at Ford Field. The current average ticket price on the secondary market is $1,186, per TickPick, an online marketplace for event tickets. That’s not only a record for the divisional round, but nearly twice as expensive as the next-closest game, last year’s matchup between the 49ers and Cowboys in Dallas ($605). The current get-in price for a physical seat to Lions-Bucs is $739, which is more expensive than it would be to attend all three of the other divisional-round games combined.

In so many ways, it feels like Detroit is at the center of the football universe right now. The Lions have been a national darling all season, and have played in three of the 20-most watched games of the regular season. Their Thanksgiving loss against Green Bay did the second-biggest TV numbers all year, while their Saturday night fiasco in Dallas was 13th, and their prime-time opener against Kansas City was 20th.

They went on to win a franchise-record 12 games and clinched their first NFC North title ever. That brought the first playoff game to Detroit in 30 years -- and the first playoff game within the city limits since 1957 -- and a sizzling matchup against Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams added to the spectacle. It proved to be the most-expensive ticket in the wild-card round ever, according to TickPick.

Check this out!

Reminds me of when I went to college in Buffalo and people asked me how I tolerated the cold. I told them I had a good coat and only went outside to go from a building to a bus.

She actually took the time to research the temperatures in Detroit. The Coach was very polite considering the stupid question

The ticket is worth $31.00.

The other $1100.00 is a total rip off of sports junkies that goes straight into the deep pockets of the NFL.

Maybe not that much but close.
When you buy tickets online from like Ticketmaster, they double the price
Buy from Stub Hub it is even worse

In my day, there was no Ticketmaster or StubHub. You bought direct from the venue. Which is why I won't go to such events.

In the 1970s, you could see a top rock band like The Who or Rolling Stones for $6.00, front row seats. That same ticket now should cost you about $35.00. Mind you, that is the price allowing FOR the increased cost of everything!

Instead, prepare to pay at least $250. Probably a lot more.

Consumers are idiots who voluntarily let themselves be taken for a ride. They mind-numbingly tell themselves that this is what things cost now, or, stuff is expensive, or, what can you do? All they need to do is stop going, stop paying, whether it be a concert or a football game and watch those prices come way down. Down, down, down.

Supply vs. Demand.

The avg. price I saw today was $1,131.00 for a ticket online to this game.

I guess when you only get there every 30 years, you have to consider inflation

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions continue to be one of the hottest tickets in the history of the NFL playoffs.

They’ll host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in a divisional-round game on Sunday afternoon at Ford Field. The current average ticket price on the secondary market is $1,186, per TickPick, an online marketplace for event tickets. That’s not only a record for the divisional round, but nearly twice as expensive as the next-closest game, last year’s matchup between the 49ers and Cowboys in Dallas ($605). The current get-in price for a physical seat to Lions-Bucs is $739, which is more expensive than it would be to attend all three of the other divisional-round games combined.

In so many ways, it feels like Detroit is at the center of the football universe right now. The Lions have been a national darling all season, and have played in three of the 20-most watched games of the regular season. Their Thanksgiving loss against Green Bay did the second-biggest TV numbers all year, while their Saturday night fiasco in Dallas was 13th, and their prime-time opener against Kansas City was 20th.

They went on to win a franchise-record 12 games and clinched their first NFC North title ever. That brought the first playoff game to Detroit in 30 years -- and the first playoff game within the city limits since 1957 -- and a sizzling matchup against Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams added to the spectacle. It proved to be the most-expensive ticket in the wild-card round ever, according to TickPick.

You think that's bad, wait until (if ever) the Jets host an AFC championship game again or the Knicks host a Game 7 NBA finals game.

In my day, there was no Ticketmaster or StubHub. You bought direct from the venue. Which is why I won't go to such events.

In the 1970s, you could see a top rock band like The Who or Rolling Stones for $6.00, front row seats. That same ticket now should cost you about $35.00. Mind you, that is the price allowing FOR the increased cost of everything!

Instead, prepare to pay at least $250. Probably a lot more.

Consumers are idiots who voluntarily let themselves be taken for a ride. They mind-numbingly tell themselves that this is what things cost now, or, stuff is expensive, or, what can you do? All they need to do is stop going, stop paying, whether it be a concert or a football game and watch those prices come way down. Down, down, down.

Supply vs. Demand.
Those shits will even charge you $50 to park

And you had to pay $10 for their album. Now, for $6/month you can play every song ever recorded on every device you own.

And you had to pay $10 for their album. Now, for $6/month you can play every song ever recorded on every device you own.

No, actually, their album probably cost between $1.99 (The Nice Price) to maybe $3.99. For $10.00, I could get a half speed mastered album or a double album. And I don't need to pay a monthly fee for nothing, if I want music, I'll play it on my 3,000 watt full range 11-octave pro music system, either LP or CD.

Cheapest I could find on StubHub last year for a dreadful Bears team was $400 (for a pair) in the end zone, up high. Could find a scalper much cheaper.

Last edited:
No, actually, their album probably cost between $1.99 (The Nice Price) to maybe $3.99. For $10.00, I could get a half speed mastered album or a double album. And I don't need to pay a monthly fee for nothing, if I want music, I'll play it on my 3,000 watt full range 11-octave pro music system, either LP or CD.
"In 1978, vinyl records were more expensive than any other time since the RIAA began tracking sales in 1973. That year, the average retail sale price of a vinyl EP/LP was $7.32 "

My point being that artists can't make money on vinyl in 2023 - they have to make it touring.

At least you can get tickets.....You had to know someone to attend a Redskins game. The games were sold out for decades at RFK back before they moved to (spit) MD.

I was lucky because my wife's boss at the time was a season ticket holder and we could choose any game we wanted except when they played the Cowboys, he went to that one. That was back during the "Hogs" era.

At least you can get tickets.....You had to know someone to attend a Redskins game. The games were sold out for decades at RFK back before they moved to (spit) MD.

I was lucky because my wife's boss at the time was a season ticket holder and we could choose any game we wanted except when they played the Cowboys, he went to that one. That was back during the "Hogs" era.
John Riggins was one of the best running backs I ever saw
Grind it out and move the chains

Will that woman ever live down asking Bowles how he is preparing his team for the cold weather? Props to coach Bowles for not piling on after such a stupid question.

Forum List

Back