Like Load of the flies

Romney Friend Stu White Says Campaign Wants Him to Counter Prank Accusations - ABC News

One former classmate and old friend of Romney’s – who refused to be identified by name – said there are “a lot of guys” who went to Cranbrook who have “really negative memories” of Romney’s behavior in the dorms, behavior this classmate describes as “like Lord of the Flies.”

The classmate believes Romney is lying when he claims to not remember it.

“It makes these fellows [who have owned up to it] very remorseful. For [Romney] not to remember it? It doesn’t ring true. How could the fellow with the scissors forget it?” the former classmate said.

Is this Golding's companion piece to Lord of the Flies?

:lol:

You have to be the dumbest mother fucker I've ever run across....

I am not for outlawing guns
Just restricting things like "mega clips." I doubt the founders would agree with you, but proceed to spin it as you will.
I don't believe the founders had any future insight into the types of firepower we see today.

What if they only meant muskets?

Then they would have been specific rather than general. They went to great lengths debating and carefully crafting the wording of our founding document.

I am not for outlawing guns
Just restricting things like "mega clips." I doubt the founders would agree with you, but proceed to spin it as you will.
I don't believe the founders had any future insight into the types of firepower we see today.

If they meant muskets, I believe they would have said muskets.

Admittedly the text is vague, but if I had to guess at the meaning, I'd be pretty confident that they would be okay with whatever level of armament a typical infantryman would have access to.

Other rejected titles for "Load of the Flies" include

Toad of the Flies

Toad the Wet Sprocket

flies_on_shit.JPG

The moral of this thread is: Bullshit attracts flies.

If they meant muskets, I believe they would have said muskets.

Admittedly the text is vague, but if I had to guess at the meaning, I'd be pretty confident that they would be okay with whatever level of armament a typical infantryman would have access to.

I don't think they were all that vague at all.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. That seems pretty clear to me.

I'm not opposed to common sense gun laws. I realize the members of the NRA on site will take exception to this and I understand some of their concerns, but I have no problem with requiring registration and licensing.

I do have a problem with people trying to take away the right to keep and bear "arms" as in weapons of most kinds. I do not believe that any citizen should be allowed to have any weapons of mass destruction of any kind. I believe there are good reasons for people wanting to own assault rifles and such.

I think the second amendment is damned clear. The people of the United States have the legal and Constitutional right to own weapons.

Immie

Last edited:

Forum List

Back