...Mitt Romney re: the fear of MAGA supporters ...

No, poster Al, government officials, bureaucrats, clerks, police, recorders, secretaries, service crews, maintenance folks, etc. .....should not fear our citizens. We want them to be service oriented, heedful, responsible, courteous, and effective in their duties. Living in fear doesn't aid in our expectation of such.
To desire that, to express that.....indicates an inexperience and naivete' of what governance must be to be effective. Nor has ever worked within any government....village, city, township, county, state, federal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umm, color me skeptical, good poster Oddball.
Accounts vary.
Notably, the story of 'begging' for endorsement and/or job comes from one source.......Don Trump's camp.
So is it true? Or rather was it manufactured and disseminated by those interests in order to, first, diminish Romney; two, bolster Don Trump?

Well, actually he is still a Senator, a pretty big friggin' job. Compare his job to your job, Lassie. More important to this discussion though, is the reference to 'threats' by MAGA/QAnon, and similar nutters against anyone who offers a skeptical view towards Don Trump. That, as we have been reading for months and months, (and seen in lawsuits) is a very real .......reality.
True that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would suggest to prolific posrer, Hawk, that "Doing his job" does not require subservience to a disgraced....and fired.....ex-president. Notably, the comments were made to a biographer who then spoke to someone in the press. To the best of my knowledge such comments were not in the biography.
Nonetheless, the comments have the ring of truth as we've seen multiple incidents of death threats to a whole variety of folks who have expressed skepticism towards Don Trump, or who have attempted to hold him accountable for his words or his actions. 'Variety of folks' from judges, to Senators, to opposing candidates, to part-time election clerks, to journalists.....to the Vice President and the Speaker of the House. We all know there is a slice of the MAGA/QAnon world that thinks violence is acceptable----witness the violence of the January 6th Jackasses. Hence, these hearsay comments by the biographer do have the ring of truth. Of credibility.

With no desire to be dismissive or disrespectful towards poster Doc, and this is merely my opinion, but......but I would view the above comments as uber-partisan effluvia.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The comments came from the biographer. I suppose if the good poster Hiker is truly interested in finding out he could google out news reportage.
As a small aside, I would suggest that those who make threats against public officials generally do it anonymously.....by phone, by letter, by scrawled on the side of car or house. I may be wrong on that.
It's pathetic whimpering and bowing to the government that is naive.

It's pathetic whimpering and bowing to the government that is naive.

I would conjecture that the good poster Al is resentful of being held accountable to following the laws and regulations of his nieghborhood...be it the community, the state, the feds. Governance includes many many people with widely varying responsibilities. To posit that they all should ....as part of their jobs....be fearful of their lives, their family's lives, or their property......ain't just naive', it is a fool's thinking.

I don't want the meat inspector at the nearby slaughterhouse to be fearful of some QAnon/MAGA nut job, nor the air traffic controller, nor the Drain Commissioner, nor his staff, nor the Recorder of Deeds, nor the city streets staff, nor the young nurse at the Community Aging Commission.

In my view, such sentiments as expressed by the prolific poster Rogue Al, speak more towards a misanthropic critic, rather than a roll-up-his-sleeves- be-a-community-participant individual.

Wishing for all of our governance to be fearful of citizens is a fool's mindset.

I would conjecture that the good poster Al is resentful of being held accountable to following the laws and regulations of his nieghborhood...be it the community, the state, the feds. Governance includes many many people with widely varying responsibilities. To posit that they all should ....as part of their jobs....be fearful of their lives, their family's lives, or their property......ain't just naive', it is a fool's thinking.

I don't want the meat inspector at the nearby slaughterhouse to be fearful of some QAnon/MAGA nut job, nor the air traffic controller, nor the Drain Commissioner, nor his staff, nor the Recorder of Deeds, nor the city streets staff, nor the young nurse at the Community Aging Commission.

In my view, such sentiments as expressed by the prolific poster Rogue Al, speak more towards a misanthropic critic, rather than a roll-up-his-sleeves- be-a-community-participant individual.

Wishing for all of our governance to be fearful of citizens is a fool's mindset.
I would conjecture that you put on your mask and stand in line for your next booster. One need not be in trouble to recognize the results of the lemming herd rushing headlong to the cliff. Normally I'd say more power to you, enjoy the ride, except you folks want shackle everyone else to join you.

The Sage of Main Street ----- asserts that posts #38 is "Fake News".​

Ok, poster Sage, what is fake about it?
You asserted it, you explain yourself.
Those are Adult Swim rules.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would conjecture that you put on your mask and stand in line for your next booster. ....... Normally I'd say more power to you, enjoy the ride, except you folks want shackle everyone else to join you.

Whether I or my family decides to get immunized against Covid is irrelevant to your claim that anyone in government should be afraid for their lives, their family's safety, or their property.

Your suggestion is nonsense.
It is misanthropic shrilling about 'the Big Bad Wolf".

And, in my opinion, it tells us more about the inability of such fear-mongers to be successful in today's society, in today's America.....than it does about how terrible American governance may be.

Some people cannot compete well in America, so they shrill that that is America's fault. That that is the government's fault. They take no responsibility for their own failures. It is someone else's fault. Someone like the court recorder, the parking-ticket lady, the clerk at the Secretary of State's office.

It is foolish. It is nonsense. With thousands....millions even....of foreigners wishing to come to America, the land of opportunity, we still have a coterie of ne-er-do-wells, whiners, losers who complain America is not a good place for them.

It is unfortunate, but it is what it is.

Most so called Maga fears arise over being held responsible
MAGAS are too stern for the lib loon weepers and feelers
Seditious conspiracy is pretty stern; I'll give yah that but trumpers had their weepers and feelers in overdrive regarding the election the cult peader lost.

As a small aside, I would suggest that those who make threats against public officials generally do it anonymously.....by phone, by letter, by scrawled on the side of car or house. I may be wrong on that.

Yes, you would have to be pretty left wing (stupid) to sign your name to a death threat.

It would seem that running these clowns down would be pretty easy.

I have no concern for the safety of the elected elite as they have no concern for the safety of everyday Americans.
MAGA needs to start forcing out more rinos like was done with McCarthy.
I dont wish death on any of the asshole swamp rats in washington

But they dont deserve extra security protection when American school children are defenseless

Forum List

Back