Just A Thought

see, rude, arrogant and condescending....it's the con way of life :eusa_hand:

I saw the world lining up to fight with us until we decided to fight a war that had no merit.

I was always amazed at the arrogance of Americans and their attitude of this should never have happened HERE. Countries around the world are attacked daily by terrorists, it's a fact of life for them and has been for years, sometimes decades. We were lucky it never happened before, especially considering how lax our security was. Americans are so spoiled they don't like being bothered or delayed for safety sake. God forbid you ask to search someone's luggage, here comes some civil liberities lawyer to say you're infringing on the rights of that person, it's total bullshit.

How many countries have we stepped on? How many cultures have we insulted? and you wonder why some people weren't surprised by the attacks of 9/11? again, talk about hubris.

At least with this post you acknowledged that many weren't lined up with support. That we've been heavy handed in the past, that we've built up a wealth of animosity, I won't disagree. On the other hand to ignore what we've done for the good, well that doesn't work either.

Well today is 11/8/08. Obama will take office 1/20/09. He does what he does between now and then, sending signals, adding and deleting from his new Change site. We all can sit back and see what happens.

Actually, from a political standpoint, if your party matters more than your nation, that's a very sage hope.

If you love this nation, then of course, it's nuts.
I'm looking at the long term. Most of my life I've seen the liberals use incrementalism to slowly further their agenda. Even when they are in the minority they propose some bullshit programs and the GOP, instead of shutting them down, comes up with their own watered down version. We have thus given up more and more freedom and as a country we've gotten weaker and less liked around the world. Now that Americans have voted in liberals I want them to show their true colors and force a radically liberal agenda on us. That will cause a rebellion among the voters like we saw with Carter, and decades of liberalism were reversed.

I'm looking at the long term. Most of my life I've seen the liberals use incrementalism to slowly further their agenda. Even when they are in the minority they propose some bullshit programs and the GOP, instead of shutting them down, comes up with their own watered down version. We have thus given up more and more freedom and as a country we've gotten weaker and less liked around the world. Now that Americans have voted in liberals I want them to show their true colors and force a radically liberal agenda on us. That will cause a rebellion among the voters like we saw with Carter, and decades of liberalism were reversed.
funny how he voted for the guy wanting to do these things, yet now it sounds like he doesnt actually WANT him to do what he said he would

I was there and many at the time thought Gore and Bush were too similar. People looked at Bush senior and thought he is a honest decent man, so goes his son. But Bush junior looked lost in office, he was the classic example of the peter principle. I remember his press conferences, he looked like a SNL rendition of Palin. Remember the economy was well and most like tax relief too. Bush2 squandered all this and the unity after 911. No one can blame anyone but an administration that didn't know what good governance meant. That he was criticized was deserved by his actions or lack of.

I think the following has some very good advice to those that did not care for last Tuesday's results:

Power Line - Worry, be happy

WORRY, BE HAPPY
Share Post PrintNovember 9, 2008 Posted by Paul at 11:43 AM
"Don' worry, be happy" was the refrain of a popular song some years ago. My Examiner column about coping with an Obama presidency modifies that advice.

Almost by definition, Barack Obama's election meets with the approval of a majority of American adults. Many are wildly enthusiastic about the prospect of an Obama presidency. More probably reside somewhere between cautiously optimistic and indifferent.

But this column is addressed to politically active conservatives who fear the worst and are now wondering how to cope. The key, as always, is to maintain one's equilibrium. To this end, I offer, unsolicited, the following suggestions:

Pray that President Obama achieves greatness in office. Our overriding concern must always be the country we love, not the success of a party or an ideology.

Don't assume that Obama is always wrong. Judge all of his positions on the merits; don't conclude that a position is wrong just because he takes it. Republicans tended to fall into this trap with President Clinton. For example, some opposed our military involvement in Kosovo based not on an analysis of the situation there, but rather on a knee-jerk anti-Clinton response. This approach is irresponsible and unpatriotic.

Conservatives almost certainly will quickly find that, from our perspective, Obama is wrong far more often than he is right. To that extent, it will be our duty to oppose him. But in doing so, we should keep in mind these guidelines:

Be loyal in your opposition. As my blog partner Scott Johnson puts it, paraphrasing Steven Decatur: "May he always be in the right; but our president, right or wrong."

Be patient in your opposition. Don't mimic the left (this is always good advice) and conclude that because the country isn't getting mad about policies that bother you, Obama is therefore a "Teflon president." In fact, you should stop reading the first 10 pundits who call him that. Americans are fair-minded. They will give Obama time to succeed, as they should. The mainstream media will buy him additional time. But eventually the honeymoon will end.

Be persistent in your opposition. The first 100 things that you criticize Obama for may not resonate at all. The 101st may turn public opinion against him. More likely, it may supply the mass that begins to turn the tide.

Be fair in your opposition. None of the 101 things that you criticize Obama for should be illegitimate or trivial. Remember that the president isn't responsible for every adverse development that occurs on his watch. Even sound decisions often produce adverse consequences. Don't judge Obama's decisions in a vacuum; compare them to the alternatives.

Be skeptical in your opposition. Obama's campaign was fueled by a broken promise that he would finance it through public funding. Obama also dissembled when he minimized his relationship with William Ayers by characterizing Ayers as someone who just lives in his neighborhood. In fact, the two had collaborated several times, including on a radical, unsuccessful educational initiative. And Obama almost certainly dissembled when he disavowed knowledge of Rev. Jeremiah Wright's views about America despite having listened to Wright preach for almost 20 years. Under these circumstances, it would be foolish to view Obama's pronouncements with anything other than skepticism.

But the skepticism should run both ways, extending to attacks on Obama as well. The temptation to invent or misrepresent facts for political gain, or just out of sheer spite, is a bi-partisan phenomenon....

...My final tips are the most personal ones, and therefore the most important:

Don't hate. I don't assume that the Obama administration will turn out to be hateful. But even if it does, hating isn't good for you. And for conservatives, it's counter-productive.

Don't obsess. Spend as much time as you see fit following, discussing, and participating in public affairs. But don't think about them the rest of the time. Life is full of beauty and wonder. Don't let politics blind you to it. Life is full of opportunities for personal and professional fulfillment. Don't let politics distract you from them.

Poor babies.

We won't call you terrorist supporters, how's that?

Kiss our collective ass.

:lol:

LOL! Beotch! Really I'm just kidding. I really do hope some around here start breathing again. News alert: You won! Revel in the victory, don't be so quick to slam others that disagreed, that's not how to build new members. I'm not so amazed by the gloating, regardless of Gunney's attempts to control it, but at the persistence to keep going after those who 'lost', be it Palin, Joe, or other posters here. None of it is conducive to 'change.'

LOL! Beotch! Really I'm just kidding. I really do hope some around here start breathing again. News alert: You won! Revel in the victory, don't be so quick to slam others that disagreed, that's not how to build new members. I'm not so amazed by the gloating, regardless of Gunney's attempts to control it, but at the persistence to keep going after those who 'lost', be it Palin, Joe, or other posters here. None of it is conducive to 'change.'
But you only see what you want to see. I'm only a reluctant Obama supporter, I've got a nice list started about what I don't like about him.

I think he will end up surprising everyone by being a more of a moderate than a progressive. He's might even turn out to be a real liberal.

But you only see what you want to see. I'm only a reluctant Obama supporter, I've got a nice list started about what I don't like about him.

I think he will end up surprising everyone by being a more of a moderate than a progressive. He's might even turn out to be a real liberal.

Whatever he does, he does. There's no changing that now. I hope he succeeds, I fear what he may do, but again, he won.

define what you mean

lol, it's Sunday and I've been drinking beer all afternoon watching the worst team in history win yet again. GMAFB.

I'll try to come up with what I think a liberal is tomorrow, if I remember to do so. IMO, real liberals and real conservatives aren't really that much different.

lol, it's Sunday and I've been drinking beer all afternoon watching the worst team in history win yet again. GMAFB.

I'll try to come up with what I think a liberal is tomorrow, if I remember to do so. IMO, real liberals and real conservatives aren't really that much different.
the dolphins?

Forum List

Back