Just A Thought

Jeez, the chest beating begins already. Give the man and his administration a chance, after Bush junior it is time to stand back and wait. Assess Obama in a few years and then you'll have something to point to, for the present it is only speculation and speculation is often empty and usually wrong.

Nowhere man: a farewell to Dubya, all-time loser in presidential history
Simon Schama: a farewell to Dubya, all-time loser in presidential history | Comment is free | The Guardian
yeah, he'll get the same break you guys gave bush, NONE

harry thomason was Clintons personal film maker

did you expect Newt to direct it or maybe Ken Starr himself? :cuckoo:

It was an eye opener for me because I honestly didn't follow that crap back then. I was barely in my 20s when Clinton was elected, getting married, losing my father, having a child, etc while he was in office. Life kind of got in the way of following every little movement by the independent counsel.

I didn't know half the things they investigated Clinton for.

The saddest part IMO was what they apparently did to Susan McDougal (sp?) because she wouldn't give them false evidence.

yeah, he'll get the same break you guys gave bush, NONE

I find these comments to be so ridiculous. Bush had carde blanche after 9/11 There was nothing he couldn't have asked the American people to do and had them fall in lock step formation to do it.

He pissed away ALL the good will of not only the American people but the rest of the world with his partisan bullshit and it was a full two or three years after the fact until people started questioning him and his administration.

I find these comments to be so ridiculous. Bush had carde blanche after 9/11 There was nothing he couldn't have asked the American people to do and had them fall in lock step formation to do it.

He pissed away ALL the good will of not only the American people but the rest of the world with his partisan bullshit.

Either you weren't there or you wore blinders. It's revisionist to think that all the animosity arose after 2003. Just is not the truth.

He pissed away ALL the good will of not only the American people but the rest of the world with his partisan bullshit and it was a full two or three years after the fact until people started questioning him and his administration.
which is completely ignoring what happen for the previous 9 MONTHS

Either you weren't there or you wore blinders. It's revisionist to think that all the animosity arose after 2003. Just is not the truth.
i dont think she is aware of how late it was for the senate(dem control at the time) to aprove of Bush cabinet picks

which is completely ignoring what happen for the previous 9 MONTHS

Actually she is thinking of the 24 hours after. Not what had gone before or God knows what came after.

Actually she is thinking of the 24 hours after. Not what had gone before or God knows what came after.
naw, there was a period of time, about 3 months i guess, where they were working together
about until boots actually hit the ground in Afghanistan

naw, there was a period of time, about 3 months i guess, where they were working together
about until boots actually hit the ground in Afghanistan

Not media matters and their ilk. Less than 24.

There was animonsity immediately following the election of course. But the minute those planes hit the twin towers Bush became everyone's President and he had the country in the palm of his hand. If you deny that you're the one with blinders Kath, not me.

:lol: at the idea that the media were anything but helpful to Bush. Hell it was the media who ignored the fact that there were no WMD found.

It was the media who played into the destruction of the Dixie Chicks career for daring to speak ill of Bush.

Please do pretend that Bush didn't have it easy until 2003. The Dems were terrifed to go against him for fear of being seen as unpatriotic.

Last edited:
There was animonsity immediately following the election of course. But the minute those planes hit the twin towers Bush became everone's President and he had the country in the palm of his hand. If you deny that you're the one with blinders Kath, not me.

Nope. I was there and I was reading more than the 'kumbaya' moment stuff. The glee was not just from abroad and it wasn't in fact majority Muslim.

Not this republican. I want them to force their agenda on the American people as far left as they can. I DARE THEM TO.

Actually, from a political standpoint, if your party matters more than your nation, that's a very sage hope.

If you love this nation, then of course, it's nuts.

Nope. I was there and I was reading more than the 'kumbaya' moment stuff. The glee was not just from abroad and it wasn't in fact majority Muslim.

you were where Kath? what planet was this?

Am I saying there weren't some who celebrated the attack on 9/11? No I'm not saying that. There have always been countries who hate us, that's never going to change. We're seen as greedy, selfish, and arrogant. We think our way is the ONLY way and anyone who doesn't want democracy must be insane. Talk about hubris :cuckoo:

But for the most part the world lined up with us shoulder to shoulder ready to help us any way they could.

Please do pretend that Bush didn't have it easy until 2003. The Dems were terrifed to go against him for fear of being seen as unpatriotic.

Not all of them.

Not Byrd for example. He called the Iraq war complete BS even before Bush was given a blank check by his fellow Dems.

Likewise Kucinich and others saw Bush's motives for what they were.

So not ALL the Dems were quislings marching to the jingo tunes, like for example, a very popular female who later was seeking her fellow Dems support for highest office in the land, was.

Am I saying there weren't some who celebrated the attack on 9/11? No I'm not saying that. There have always been countries who hate us, that's never going to change. We're seen as greedy, selfish, and arrogant. We think our way is the ONLY way and anyone who doesn't want democracy must be insane. Talk about hubris :cuckoo:

But for the most part the world lined up with us shoulder to shoulder ready to help us any way they could.

Sorry, we obviously were on different paths, I was here on earth, you must have been on the planet of everyone plays for survival. You must have missed the UN and other international proclamations condemning, but understanding the attacks. Perhaps at the time you didn't understand the gobbelty gook coming from them, well it seems you took the remedial course, as it seems you speak it well now.

Kathy's been reading rightwing blogs again, and is smearing muslims.

That story about muslims celebrating the attack has been debunked. Yes, Fox News filmed a small handful of palestinians acting like assholes. But, muslims almost universally were horrified by those attacks. Bush's own Amassador to Lebanon reported that the Palestinian leadership, and overwhelming majority of people expressed sorrow for the attacks.

And Hezbollah condemned the 9/11 attack. Fucking Hezbollah.

Kathy's been reading rightwing blogs again, and is smearing muslims.

That story about muslims celebrating the attack has been debunked. Yes, Fox News filmed a small handful of palestinians acting like assholes. But, muslims almost universally were horrified by those attacks. Bush's own Amassador to Lebanon reported that the Palestinian leadership, and overwhelming majority of people expressed sorrow for the attacks.

And Hezbollah condemned the 9/11 attack. Fucking Hezbollah.

Read again, genius.

Sorry, we obviously were on different paths, I was here on earth, you must have been on the planet of everyone plays for survival. You must have missed the UN and other international proclamations condemning, but understanding the attacks. Perhaps at the time you didn't understand the gobbelty gook coming from them, well it seems you took the remedial course, as it seems you speak it well now.

see, rude, arrogant and condescending....it's the con way of life :eusa_hand:

I saw the world lining up to fight with us until we decided to fight a war that had no merit.

I was always amazed at the arrogance of Americans and their attitude of this should never have happened HERE. Countries around the world are attacked daily by terrorists, it's a fact of life for them and has been for years, sometimes decades. We were lucky it never happened before, especially considering how lax our security was. Americans are so spoiled they don't like being bothered or delayed for safety sake. God forbid you ask to search someone's luggage, here comes some civil liberities lawyer to say you're infringing on the rights of that person, it's total bullshit.

How many countries have we stepped on? How many cultures have we insulted? and you wonder why some people weren't surprised by the attacks of 9/11? again, talk about hubris.

Forum List

Back