It's Snowing!

Good for you. You all who want snow can have it. I never want to see it again. I've seen snow in every month except July, and I have never lived in the mountains. Good riddance.

It was 80 here today in Florida. Let's have more of that. I'm dreaming of a green Christmas.

The camera doesn't calculate windchill. :lol:

Windchill is the worst. -40 actually isn't that bad, as long as its dead calm. But you get even a breath of wind and its frozen hell.

I once experienced -120F windchill, I kid you not. I remember the day as if it were yesterday, December 21 1989.

If I never see snow again, its too soon.

Windchill is the worst. -40 actually isn't that bad, as long as its dead calm. But you get even a breath of wind and its frozen hell.

I once experienced -120F windchill, I kid you not. I remember the day as if it were yesterday, December 21 1989.

you are telling me! I never been that cold though. My friend's dad who works at the Gathering Station up in Alaska has told me about it being that cold and they have to go out and work on something! I guess on the flip side he gets paid well!
I found this youtube video someone posted from Spokane, this is how it was yesterday!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG7--zxfEcs&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

I have never seen that bad of a wind chill, however, I worked on an engineering drill out of Burns, Oregon, when it was -15 with a steady 45 mph wind. Fully bundeled up, out working for 20 minutes, back in the rig for 20 minutes. Never turn an engine off. We started the drill, a diesel engine, in the garage, and let it run untill we returned to the garage. I don't think I want to do that again.

We appear to have a huge contingent of Mainers here, don't we? People from Rockland, Searsport, Downeast and where else? Not sure, but someplace in Maine I think.

We ought to have a FTF sometime.

I'd enjoy meeting some of you for a beer or coffee.

We appear to have a huge contingent of Mainers here, don't we? People from Rockland, Searsport, Downeast and where else? Not sure, but someplace in Maine I think.

We ought to have a FTF sometime.

I'd enjoy meeting some of you for a beer or coffee.
well, some of us actually list the town we are in
:eusa_whistle:

:lol:

You mean it's snowing? In Winter?! Gee golly gosh, I guess Al Gore dun fixed that whole global warmin' thang.

[/sarcasm]

I have always wanted to go to Maine and Vermont, where is the best place to go in Maine?
depends on what you would call "the best"
LOL
Maine is a pretty big place, if you want beach, we got it (OOB) if you want rocky coast, we got it Portland area, Rockland area and even more remote north of there
if you want skiing, sugarloaf, I've never personally been to Aroostook county, so i cant say

depends on what you would call "the best"
LOL
Maine is a pretty big place, if you want beach, we got it (OOB) if you want rocky coast, we got it Portland area, Rockland area and even more remote north of there
if you want skiing, sugarloaf, I've never personally been to Aroostook county, so i cant say

baxter's a good place to start, IMO.

Still feel this way? I sure as heck don't... This is getting old fast.

LOL! I was raised in the John Day area of Eastern Oregon. This feels like home. Wind gusting to 30 mph, dry powder coming down at the rate of over an inch an hour, starting to drift a bit. Sitting in a nice warm house with a cup of Irish coffee, enjoying all of it.

you might not be leaving tomorrow
be prepared

Made it home to Michigan for Christmas. 2 hour delay at Portland, which I suppose could have been worse. Chicago was still getting hit hard last night apparently. Detroit airport was also really badly backed up when we landed. Sat on the tarmac for nearly 40 minutes waiting for a gate.

I fly back to Maine on the 28th - hopefully a less eventful journey!

Made it home to Michigan for Christmas. 2 hour delay at Portland, which I suppose could have been worse. Chicago was still getting hit hard last night apparently. Detroit airport was also really badly backed up when we landed. Sat on the tarmac for nearly 40 minutes waiting for a gate.

I fly back to Maine on the 28th - hopefully a less eventful journey!
Fantastic, glad you made it home! :)

care

Today is the shortest day of the year! It's all going in the right direction from here! 1 minute of daylight longer a day from here on out till June 21!

I got spring fever already and thinking about all my summer critters that i befriended this year!

here is one of them! Isn't he a cutie pie!

DSCF4980.jpg

SHOOT!

Snow was not suppose to start until around 2 pm where i am at and low and behold, i look out the window and it has started already!

I love snow this time of the year...makes Christmas, "just right", imo! Hubby is off today and tomorrow so I don't have to worry about him driving around in it... on the way to his work 25 miles away... though he did say last night that he had to go out and get some more shopping done today...!

care

Forum List

Back