It's Snowing!

Scottsdale had grown like much of the Valley in the laast several years and it's not like it was many years ago. It still has that upscale western flavor but has seen so much growth that the Valley and even Scottsdale has become more like L.A. and less like it once was. In order to get that you have to live out a little further these days , close to Lake Pleasent in the North and for anyone that has not been here in a long time they have developments almost all the way to Lake Pleasent now where it used to be a little but of a ride from Phoenix. In fact the housing crisis has hit Arizona very hard and here they have over built everywhere, and the desert that has been graded over for developments and offices that are now sitting empty. One example is they built a Wal-Mart Super Center near us and we live in the North West Valley near Happy Valley and it has been open now for some time and as many know when they open a Wal Mart Super Center in the West they build all these offices and supporting buildings around it and this one is no exception. However, they are all empty except 2 of them. You can still find the beauty here in the desert you just have a go a little bit farther is all.

Yes, snowed here too. The seasonal changes are a plus and minus, the beauty of each anticipates the next. Time gets marked off too quickly. Anyone wonder at the relationship between civilizations and weather. Does weather contribute to progress, knowledge, and well being. On a cold evening, after a day out, the sun sets and a good book makes it all perfect.

Scottsdale had grown like much of the Valley in the laast several years and it's not like it was many years ago. It still has that upscale western flavor but has seen so much growth that the Valley and even Scottsdale has become more like L.A. and less like it once was. In order to get that you have to live out a little further these days , close to Lake Pleasent in the North and for anyone that has not been here in a long time they have developments almost all the way to Lake Pleasent now where it used to be a little but of a ride from Phoenix. In fact the housing crisis has hit Arizona very hard and here they have over built everywhere, and the desert that has been graded over for developments and offices that are now sitting empty. One example is they built a Wal-Mart Super Center near us and we live in the North West Valley near Happy Valley and it has been open now for some time and as many know when they open a Wal Mart Super Center in the West they build all these offices and supporting buildings around it and this one is no exception. However, they are all empty except 2 of them. You can still find the beauty here in the desert you just have a go a little bit farther is all.

This is what i actually love about where i live....16 miles is the closest walmart or big box store of any kind is more like 25 miles in the city....where the mall is as well....but US1 is but a mile from my house, through a back winding road....so it seems like i am living in the middle of the country.....the penninsula that i live on is virtually empty of people, maybe a person for every 200 acres or something....west of US1 is more crowded but east is not.

So i have all the wild deer, rabbits(snow shoe hares), turkeys, Bald Eagles, Pheasants, porcupines and the dreaded coyote and black bear that anyone could imagine, though i have yet to spot a black bear, i have seen his claw marks on a tree in the woods that he was eating a sweet sap from, by the river when taking a walk with my husband. :eek:

But the local post office is but a mile and a half from the house and there is NEVER any lines when mailing packages, even at Christmas...and the grocery store, true value hardware, a movie theater and several restaurants are only 2 miles, up on US1....

I got the snow, but people here take advantage of the cold in the winter and ice fish, kids play ice hockey outside on the ponds, snow boarding, skiing, snow mobiling, sledding, and atv riding on back roads, ice skating and things like that....while i have stayed bundled in my 2 layers of clothes in the house with the fire going! :lol:

care

This is what i actually love about where i live....16 miles is the closest walmart or big box store of any kind is more like 25 miles in the city....where the mall is as well....but US1 is but a mile from my house, through a back winding road....so it seems like i am living in the middle of the country.....the penninsula that i live on is virtually empty of people, maybe a person for every 200 acres or something....west of US1 is more crowded but east is not.

So i have all the wild deer, rabbits(snow shoe hares), turkeys, Bald Eagles, Pheasants, porcupines and the dreaded coyote and black bear that anyone could imagine, though i have yet to spot a black bear, i have seen his claw marks on a tree in the woods that he was eating a sweet sap from, by the river when taking a walk with my husband. :eek:

But the local post office is but a mile and a half from the house and there is NEVER any lines when mailing packages, even at Christmas...and the grocery store, true value hardware, a movie theater and several restaurants are only 2 miles, up on US1....

I got the snow, but people here take advantage of the cold in the winter and ice fish, kids play ice hockey outside on the ponds, snow boarding, skiing, snow mobiling, sledding, and atv riding on back roads, ice skating and things like that....while i have stayed bundled in my 2 layers of clothes in the house with the fire going! :lol:

care

That is why we moved a little farther north of all the construction but it is catching up to us. So we can have a place for our horses. We still see a lot of the natural desert here though , and those little critters too. *laughs* It's all part of the experience though. I would not be without my Gator here Care it comes in pretty handy.

DSCF5524.jpg

this is the snowshoe hare, in the winter, this rabbit is all White, in the spring it loses it's white fur and goes to the brown fur...molting, like birds that change color from winter to summer....this little guy is still losing his white fur...there is a little left in his head area...
DSCF2614.jpg

DSCF0119.jpg

ignore the date, which was wrong on the camera

IMAG0014.jpg

pretty much, this is my view, where ever i drive...

brooksvillejuly07040.jpg

Damn, you make it sound awfully good.

the coast of Maine living is a well kept secret....the locals don't want people from "away" moving here.....(we managed to sneak in without anyone looking! lol)

so all you will hear, is how HORRIBLE it is living here in maine, the locals don't want ya to come and live here! :lol:

care

if the wild turkeys become pests, the state will send someone in to move them further in to the wild, they are environmentally protected by law of maine....it started about 10 years ago, to increase our wild turkeys.....

well hell's bells!!! enough already, the turkeys already OWN the roads there are so many flocks of them around here!

i'd say their protection worked, it's time to let it go!!!!!! lol

if the wild turkeys become pests, the state will send someone in to move them further in to the wild, they are environmentally protected by law of maine....it started about 10 years ago, to increase our wild turkeys.....

well hell's bells!!! enough already, the turkeys already OWN the roads there are so many flocks of them around here!

i'd say their protection worked, it's time to let it go!!!!!! lol

Coming down thick and fast now in Rockland.

Time for a Christmas song.

"It's beginning to look a lot like...frostbite". :eusa_whistle:

:lol::lol:
hahahahahahahaha! well, i admit there is THAT on the coast, but the sea breeze comes in handy in the summer!
shhhhh

you gonna have all them people wanting to move up here, then complain when it isnt like where they left

;)

btw, its snowing NOW

SNOWING here again too!

It's not bloody snowing any more!

7 degrees when I left for work on Monday.

48 degrees the following morning.

14 degrees yesterday morning.

45 this morning and now we've had freezing rain for over 12 hours.

Roads on the way home this evening were like an ice rink. I rolled down the window on my truck and while the window came down, the quarter inch thick sheet of ice on the outside of it stayed put, just like a second window. I had to punch it out!

God alone knows what it will be like by 7am!

the coast of Maine living is a well kept secret....the locals don't want people from "away" moving here.....(we managed to sneak in without anyone looking! lol)

so all you will hear, is how HORRIBLE it is living here in maine, the locals don't want ya to come and live here!

care

Where are all the bloody rabbits now????

4 inches since 5pm in Maine, it's forecast to continue til noon, and I have a 4pm flight to catch tomorrow from an airport 80 miles away.

Oh dear.

Forum List

Back