It was a good day to do some backyard shooting

I actually spent the whole day at the county public range yesterday. I don't have a good, straight 300 yard area on my property, so sometime I go there. It was a good day: No skeeters or gnats, and not many people there because it was a Monday.

Yeah, I get 200 on my home range, which is good for pistols, but to get long range requires a road trip. Then we can get 3000 yards!

We have a nice boulder that has volunteered to be our target. It is a glacial erratic so stands out from the rest of the desert colors.

Yeah, I get 200 on my home range, which is good for pistols, but to get long range requires a road trip. Then we can get 3000 yards!

We have a nice boulder that has volunteered to be our target. It is a glacial erratic so stands out from the rest of the desert colors.

I'd love to have a 1,000 yard range but I don't have anything that would reliably reach that far. My Springfield 03A3 would, but a 150 grain bullet would drop 31 feet at 1,000 yards.

That would be one hell of a holdover. :laughing0301:

06.jpg

I'd love to have a 1,000 yard range but I don't have anything that would reliably reach that far. My Springfield 03A3 would, but a 150 grain bullet would drop 31 feet at 1,000 yards.

That would be one hell of a holdover. :laughing0301:

View attachment 834366

We shoot .50 cals out to that 3000 yard mark. The holdover is over 500 feet!

My brother got a pronghorn at 800 yards with a rifle chambered in .308. If I can get him to post the video online, I will share it here.

Forum List

Back