S&W 327 2 Inch 8 Shot 357 Magnum Snub Nose Revolver

DudleySmith

Diamond Member
Dec 21, 2020
Anybody used one of these? 8 rounds in a snub nose revolver sounds like it would wear fast and need repairing a lot, but still an interesting piece. Kind of expensive, though, for a small pistol, plus I haven't found a hammerless version either yet.

Seem to run around $1,500 and up. Don't think buying a used one would be a good idea. I think I'll just stick with my old Colt police Special, lol.

Anybody used one of these? 8 rounds in a snub nose revolver sounds like it would wear fast and need repairing a lot, but still an interesting piece. Kind of expensive, though, for a small pistol, plus I haven't found a hammerless version either yet.

Seem to run around $1,500 and up. Don't think buying a used one would be a good idea. I think I'll just stick with my old Colt police Special, lol.

That’s a lot of money to pay for something that’s totally no fun to shoot. It may have some hidden value as a backpackers gun in bear country. Most of these light weight .357 spend their entire working life shooting .38 s.
If you’re going to piss that much away, do it on a Ruger SP101. Used, there are many more around and they surely would hold up much better.

Last edited:

I say run what ya brung on that tip.

I used to carry a Ruger .357 with a 6 inch barrel for bear, and hope I never had to use it.

Not sure if it was a Blackhawk or Security 6. It went for $600 in 2009.

That’s a lot of money to pay for something that’s totally no fun to shoot. It may have some hidden value as a backpackers gun in bear country. Most of these light weight .357 spend their entire working life shooting .38 s.
If you’re going to piss that much away, do it on a Ruger SP101. Used, there are many more around and they surely would hold up much better.

Yes, I think so, too; I haven't shot for fun since I was a kid, but I understand the point. My main interest was the 8 round cylinder, but after checking the prices I would just buy three or four cheaper 5 round ones, lol.

The shooter would wear fast and need repairing a lot.

This is clearly not a range toy, it’s purely for self-defense – and 8 rounds of .357 would do the trick.

Having a scope rail built into the top of the barrel is a good design. I'd love to put a long eye relief scope on my Ruger GP100 .357 mag, but they didn't even drill and tap any holes in it. There are no-drill mounts for these but they suck.

gp100.jpg

If you guys have those for concealable pocket pistols you have some serious metabolism issues ... Do you buy used clothes from Mortimer?

Asking for a friend.

The shooter would wear fast and need repairing a lot.

This is clearly not a range toy, it’s purely for self-defense – and 8 rounds of .357 would do the trick.

Doesn't have a rear sight. Don't even know why they bothered with a front one.

A snub in .357 is cool in a way but I believe the round to be too powerful for such a short barrel. Expect a lot of kick from something like that. I have a snub .38 Special which is plenty kick enough for a short barreled revolver.

Daily Carry 8-29-22.jpeg

This WAS my daily carry until I recently switched to a Springfield Hellcat in 9mm.

Handgun 1 4-15-23.jpeg

Honorable mentions are my two Walther PDPs

Handgun 3 4-15-23.jpeg

A snub in .357 is cool in a way but I believe the round to be too powerful for such a short barrel. Expect a lot of kick from something like that. I have a snub .38 Special which is plenty kick enough for a short barreled revolver.

View attachment 816594

This WAS my daily carry until I recently switched to a Springfield Hellcat in 9mm.

View attachment 816596

Honorable mentions are my two Walther PDPs

View attachment 816597

I would personally go with the hammerless models if I were to buy a pocket pistol.

I always liked like the Walthers brand.

A friend carries a couple of Sig Sauer P290's; they look a lot like your Hellcat. Is that the extended 8 round clip in your Hellcat?

If you guys have those for concealable pocket pistols you have some serious metabolism issues ... Do you buy used clothes from Mortimer?

Asking for a friend.

OK, so you meant "mouse guns." Mine is a 1964 Colt Cobra in .38 Spl, that I gave $20 for at a garage sale. Same model Jack Ruby used to shoot Lee Harvey Oswald, except I put a big honking pair of Pachmayr grips on it. Unfortunately it has an alloy frame so I can't shoot +P ammo in it, but what do you want for $20?

It only gets carried when I walk the fence line or down to the mailbox, otherwise I carry the G19.

cobra.jpg

I would personally go with the hammerless models if I were to buy a pocket pistol.

I always liked like the Walthers brand.

A friend carries a couple of Sig Sauer P290's; they look a lot like your Hellcat. Is that the extended 8 round clip in your Hellcat?
It is the extended magazine but it's 12 rounds. I have both magazines, but this particular micro has the greatest round capacity in its class using the larger mag. It has a 13 round capacity with one in the chamber. It fits perfectly in my back pocket.

Too much in light gun. Like your mother said before spanking you "this going to hurt me more than it does you" except if you shoot someone you will be telling the truth

Forum List

Back