Anyone get to go to a gun show this weekend?

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
The big Social Security deposit and income tax refund checks came in, so I finally got to go to a gun show. It was a pretty good show, somewhere around 60-80 tables of vendors and a lot of stuff was being brought out of storage. Prices were pretty outrageous but bargains could be found. All I picked up were a 250-piece bag of nickel .357 magnum hulls for reloading for $30, 300 small pistol magnum primers for $10 per hundred, and 200 large rifle primers for $8 per hundred. Some people were trying to sell primers for $20 per hundred and I passed on them. Spam cans of 7.62x39 were priced up around $300, glad I bought three of them back when they were down around $100.

That Second Amendment sure is a good thing, especially when Uncle Sam is paying for the ammo. :laughing0301:

The big Social Security deposit and income tax refund checks came in, so I finally got to go to a gun show. It was a pretty good show, somewhere around 60-80 tables of vendors and a lot of stuff was being brought out of storage. Prices were pretty outrageous but bargains could be found. All I picked up were a 250-piece bag of nickel .357 magnum hulls for reloading for $30, 300 small pistol magnum primers for $10 per hundred, and 200 large rifle primers for $8 per hundred. Some people were trying to sell primers for $20 per hundred and I passed on them. Spam cans of 7.62x39 were priced up around $300, glad I bought three of them back when they were down around $100.

That Second Amendment sure is a good thing, especially when Uncle Sam is paying for the ammo. :laughing0301:
Always a good day to be at a gun show....

1713652787949.png

I quit going to them several years ago....I don't like being $12.00 - $18.00 in the hole when I walk through the door.

The Nation's Gun Show was this weekend in my extended AO....They have one there about every five weeks.

BTW OP, you are just playing with your own money the .gov used for free. ;)

Wow, that's high! Every gun show I've been to around Wisconsin is charging $5-$7 admission fee.

What a deplorable way to spend an hour.

Wow, that's high! Every gun show I've been to around Wisconsin is charging $5-$7 admission fee.
The smaller venues are drying-up so they have to use bigger venues.

The best show in the area was the Virginia Gun Collector's show but it's gotten "long in the tooth" and not much of a much.....I do much better at local gun and pawn shops.

I have a 50s era Marlin 336A "waffle top" in .32 Special put back at a local shop that I'll pick up on Tuesday if it checks out.

Sadly someone D&Ted it for a see through scope mount so I'll remove it and top it sorta like in the pic. I have a little 2 X 6 X 32 Leupold that should work well enough on it.

marlin-336a-30-30-r24997.jpg

Last edited:

Was there Retro AR15/ M16 Parts& spares for Retro builds ( Complete Uppers / Stripped Uppers ) (old school 20 Rounder Nam era Mags and Web Gear ) (A1 / A2 Rifle Stocks and Aluminum Telescoping CAR stocks ) ( 20” Pencil Barrels ...???

Was there Retro AR15/ M16 Parts& spares for Retro builds ( Complete Uppers / Stripped Uppers ) (old school 20 Rounder Nam era Mags and Web Gear ) (A1 / A2 Rifle Stocks and Aluminum Telescoping CAR stocks ) ( 20” Pencil Barrels ...???
Here you go, it already has the 'tossed down the driveway" look. ;)

m16a1-retro-rifle.jpg

m16a1-retro-rifle.jpg

Not A1 Profile Lower , selector lever has a tic and most of those have incorrect Large pad port door , I’ve built like 10+ ( A1 / 603 and XM16E1 and 601/ 604 Builds and like rolling my own

Admission to Crossroads of the West shows have been $10 for years....I too don't like being out-of-pocket before browsing for "bargains" that I may or may not GAF about.
Usually at shows I find many Retro Small parts and vintage AR15 / M16 & AK/ AKM accessories to make it well wort it

m16a1-retro-rifle.jpg

Almost all the Albanian SKS Carbines That we’re imported back in the day looked like they were dragged down the street by a kid on a skateboard 😆🤣😝

Admission to Crossroads of the West shows have been $10 for years....I too don't like being out-of-pocket before browsing for "bargains" that I may or may not GAF about.
One great find was at the Big Reno show ( Right before Covid shut it down during initial virus panic ) a Complete Mostly matching British L1A1 Kit ( With OG Barrel) 700.00$

I’m
I go for the rare books, collectibles, and general ephemera.....Seldom are there deals on arms or ammo that makes the price of admission worthwhile.
I’m strictly into Military Firearms of the Second Half of the 20th Century . ( No Cowboy Guns Modern / Real Or Historic , no Hunting shit , no wheelguns , no WW2 ( Except 1911A1 ) ...

I go for the rare books, collectibles, and general ephemera.....Seldom are there deals on arms or ammo that makes the price of admission worthwhile.
The L1A1 Kit was a fun build as I was burnt the fuck out on the AR 15 / M16 Platform 35+ Builds ( Mostly Retro ) and learning the FAL platform was a hoot . I went into a Glock & Glock Clone Build Phase and that sufficed for a while but after 10-12 of those it got redundant ( 40 cal / 9mm / 357 Sig / 22LR ... ) so now for a change up I did a pristine 1978 Ruger 10/22 platform build of a WW2 Paratrooper M1A1 folding Stock Carbine clone .

I’m wondering if my next phase will be just building moar inventory to be a vendor at shows traveling around ( Tulsa , Dallas , Reno , Pennsylvania , Arizona ...

There were a couple vendors who were selling newly-manufactured AR parts and accessories for builds. But I didn't see much vintage AR stuff because I was focused on what I was looking for.

Last edited:
Never go any more; all over-priced now, same as flea markets and antiques. Not worth the effort, much less also paying a cover charge, which is ridiculous on its face.

Forum List

Back