It is demeaning to nation for Mrs. Obama to discuss slavery

I wonder if she told those children how the first slave in America was owned by a free black man. If not for that court case, who knows if or when we would have had slavery in America. Is that another example of black on black crime?

Does it somehow negate the sin of slavery?

Skye and MikeK run around in circles in denying the factuality of the incredible history and shame of American Negro chattel slavery, of the 250000 who were shipped here and their tens of millions of descendants.
Who's denying the practice of Black slavery existed in America? I'm simply tired of hearing and reading what essentially is an oblique indictment of White people when the fact is Blacks had their hand in the practice, too. The problem is we never hear about that.

Michelle Obama is correct to keep that history alive and others are un-American in attempting to minimalize that fact.
if she's going to tell the story, tell the whole story.

The whole story is simply that American negro chattel slavery was propagated by Africans, Arabs, and Caucasians from Europe and the British colonies. It corrupted peoples of all races and ethnicities. Native Americans engaged in right along with blacks and whites in North America.

We all are guilty of a national racist heritage. We cannot escape it, we cannot excuse it because of others, we cannot ignore it.

That is why the mainstream GOP is cleansing itself of the excusers on our reactionary right.

We will leave racism to the reactionary right and the far left.

I wonder if she told those children how the first slave in America was owned by a free black man. If not for that court case, who knows if or when we would have had slavery in America. Is that another example of black on black crime?

Does it somehow negate the sin of slavery?

Not sure if it's a sin and don't know why you would think that I need to negate anything.

It's is dishonorable, navyvet, to adopt a made up nonsense that the first slaves in America were owned by blacks. In fact, in America they were owned by Native Americans first, Spaniards next, then Portuguese and other nationalities, and then in North America overwhelmingly by white men. To some how suggest that the incredibly small number of black slave holders were more significant than their numbers is dishonorable.

Slavery and our past shames us all. Good for Michelle and boo to you.

The First Heifer is a private citizen and can say anything she wants. She has as much right to say what Louis Farrakhan says as Louis Farrakhan says.

Slavery is not a shame and it is not a sin. Slavery was a method of allocating labor before the industrial revolution.

Slavery was and is and ever will be a shame and a sin. Those who defend are sinners before a just god.

It's is dishonorable, navyvet, to adopt a made up nonsense that the first slaves in America were owned by blacks. In fact, in America they were owned by Native Americans first, Spaniards next, then Portuguese and other nationalities, and then in North America overwhelmingly by white men. To some how suggest that the incredibly small number of black slave holders were more significant than their numbers is dishonorable.

You obviously have an issue with history, not me. And to clarify, I am talking about what later became the United States of America. You my be grouping the islands into your answer. The first black slave was owned by a free black man who went to court to make the man a slave. Not sure what bullshit you're trying to pull.

You really should read this, Jake.
Proportionately, you're wrong

Black Slave Owners Civil War Article by Robert M Grooms

The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country (or 4.8 percent of southern whites owning one or more slaves).

<snip>

The country's leading African American historian, Duke University professor John Hope Franklin, records that in New Orleans over 3,000 free Negroes owned slaves, or 28 percent of the free Negroes in that city.

:eusa_shhh:

Some one can't even read John Hope Franklin correctly. Please go back and do so.

ONE in FOUR southern families (25%) owned slaves, friend.

Blacks who owned slaves owned very few in numbers compared to the total.

Whites, Africans, Arabs, Native Americans, and African Americans (in very small numbers) owned slaves.

Which means ALL OF US have a history of slavery with which to contend.

Anyone who suggests that American Negro Chattel Slavery was somehow "acceptable" is not worthy to be an American.

Some one can't even read John Hope Franklin correctly. Please go back and do so.

ONE in FOUR southern families (25%) owned slaves, friend.

Blacks who owned slaves owned very few in numbers compared to the total.

Whites, Africans, Arabs, Native Americans, and African Americans (in very small numbers) owned slaves.

Which means ALL OF US have a history of slavery with which to contend.

Anyone who suggests that American Negro Chattel Slavery was somehow "acceptable" is not worthy to be an American.

No one, here, is calling slavery 'acceptable'.

It WAS, however, 'acceptable' in the 16-17-hundreds.
It's disingenuous to attach 21st century morals to 18th century people.'It was an entirely different culture.

I just get tired of those that would hang "white guilt" on me when, like you pointed out, all sorts of colors owned (bought and sold) slaves

I don't care whether you feel guilt or you don't. But you are wrong if you don't believe our slave past was shameful.

And you have been gathering information from Council of Conservative Citizens, a shameful white supremacist site.

Shame on you.

and the Decatur House.

Michelle Obama visits slave quarters

We're long past that time. It's over. Whitey's paid his due. Bringing up the fact that slaves served presidents is just rubbing the nation's nose it what "some people" (fill that in yourselves) consider shameful. Just look at her. It makes my skin crawl to see such a person being first lady.

Demeaning to the nation????????????????????????????????????????
Have you lost your monkey mind? I know you want to dismiss a sad and sordid chunk of American History, no doubt, for the embarrassing and guilty feelings it must conjure up, but it happened, and the legacy of slavery endures to this very day, as black people haven't yet gotten every iota of their civil rights, and fair and equal treatment, under the law.
Why would you characterize whites as "whitey"? I don't get that. It implies a racist imperative, that blacks view whites, largely, as they are viewed by whites....through a racial prism. Such is, by and large, not the case. We, as a people, are quite over "ill-feelings behind the legacy of slavery and the injustices we still must endure today...frankly, because "if your heart isn't in it", what is the point of trying to get blood from a turnip.
As was stated in the article:

"....The house and slave quarters are co-managed by the National Trust for Historic Preservation and the White House Historical Association, and used for educational programs. Obama reflected on the importance of preserving and sharing the stories of the enslaved people who once lived there."

In my estimation, your collective "noses" haven't been rubbed in it enough. We can't begin to have a honest, open, and productive dialogue about race, racism and the aftermath of slavery, unless you're willing to admit that it stinks to "high heaven" the way black people were treated and are treated, even today.
Look at her, indeed. Is there any wonder why she is compared to Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis? Not since her, have we had so beautiful, so gracious and so beloved a First Lady.

I don't care whether you feel guilt or you don't. But you are wrong if you don't believe our slave past was shameful.

And you have been gathering information from Council of Conservative Citizens, a shameful white supremacist site.

Shame on you.

Never said it wasn't shameful.
It was a world-wide plague.

And, you're gonna have to prove the bold

She should be thankful that blacks were allowed to be slaves.

The absolute most disgusting post I have ever seen here. More vile than anything Ernie S., Matthew, Sunshine or Buckeye have ever posted. You should be banned from the forum for saying something so disgusting. I should have seen your true colors from the very beginning.
Racist piece of crap.

Shame on you.
And, you're gonna have to prove the bold

The site is the proof of my charge. Anyone can read at http://topconservativenews.com/
and make sure to read the comments.

Last edited:
don't you see those poor white children in the photo? She's terrifying them by imposing some transferrence of guilt. They've done nothing. They're innoncense if being torn from their souls for cheap, partisan gain. They'll remember that moment for the rest of their lives. I weep.

bs.

I do not think slavery should be forgotten
It should stop being used against people
Whites do not owe blacks anything
They should hate their ancestors the most
Considering they sold them, from their OWN slave quarters
Whites aren't screaming at todays Muslims for enslaving them!
Use the popular slogan
FORWARD

More racist bs.

Forum List

Back