Michelle Obama: 'It Is Our Responsibility As a Nation' to Remember the Slaves

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
May 23, 2013, By Susan Jones @ Michelle Obama: 'It Is Our Responsibility As a Nation' to Remember the Slaves | CNS News
First Lady Michelle Obama joins children learning about the Emancipation Proclamation at historic Decatur House in Washington, D.C., on May 22, 2013. (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - In remarks at the historic Decatur House in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, first lady Michelle Obama remembered the 20 slaves who toiled at the mansion around the corner from the White House, where "some of our nation's foremost leaders" lived and hosted parties.

The stories of those slaves "too often get lost," Mrs. Obama said.

Oh come on! Gimme a break Moochelle. It's been over a hundred years and nobody alive is responsible for it. You and your husband simply cannot stop playing the race card, can you?

:evil:

Does this include the slaves held by Egypt? How about the British slaves of the Romans? Don't they count? How about slavery TODAY, what's our obligation to those enslaved by muslims?

Big Moo should have another lobster tail, let the butter drip down her chin, it improves her appearance.

How about the slavic people? Can we pester the Italians for reparations?

Then the bed wetters wonder why there's still racial animosity...

Hey morons, it's because your masters won't let it go!!!!

Gawd I'll be glad when these TWO hating people don't have that soapbox (the Presidency) and feel Entitled to PREACH their crap on US..

First slaves in America were white children. Then came the whites that Cromwell wanted to rid Britain of ; "indentured servants" who rarely escaped their slavery to win the freedom promised them.

I wonder how many pages in history textbooks in American schools will be dedicated to that part of American history.

Great read:

They Were White and They Were Slaves: The Untold History of the Enslavement of Whites in Early America [Paperback]

[ame]http://www.amazon.ca/They-Were-White-Slaves-Enslavement/dp/0929903056[/ame]

Last edited:
You're not allowed to talk about slavery that's racist...Not saying slavery was racist I mean people who bring it up are!!!

Deerrrp!

Remember the Alamo!

You're not allowed to talk about slavery that's racist...Not saying slavery was racist I mean people who bring it up are!!!

Deerrrp!

Remember the Alamo!

Yeah ok, show us where she preached we should never forget that?

Sorry folks....see nothing wrong with it. The children were learning about the Emancipation Proclamation. Should she have mentioned something else.....like the removal of badmitton from the Olympics?

Give it a rest. She is doing a dam good job despite her husband being completely out of his league.

Deerrrp!

Remember the Alamo!

Slavery has had nothing to do with race. Ever.

Slavery has always been about labor thru the centuries.

Last edited:

Deerrrp!

Remember the Alamo!

Nope...all slavery is the same. Derp! Keep repeating that so you don't have to consider the differences.

Deerrrp!

Remember the Alamo!

Nope...all slavery is the same. Derp! Keep repeating that so you don't have to consider the differences.

being held against your will and forced to work for those holding you for no pay is just as bad if you are a White Jew in Egypt or a black man in America.

Should I continue to look at Egyptians as "former" slave owners?

May 23, 2013, By Susan Jones @ Michelle Obama: 'It Is Our Responsibility As a Nation' to Remember the Slaves | CNS News
First Lady Michelle Obama joins children learning about the Emancipation Proclamation at historic Decatur House in Washington, D.C., on May 22, 2013. (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) - In remarks at the historic Decatur House in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, first lady Michelle Obama remembered the 20 slaves who toiled at the mansion around the corner from the White House, where "some of our nation's foremost leaders" lived and hosted parties.

Oh come on! Gimme a break Moochelle. It's been over a hundred years and nobody alive is responsible for it. You and your husband simply cannot stop playing the race card, can you?

What in the world is controversial about her statement?? I disagree vehemently with the direction her husband is taking our country, but slavery is a perfect example of how laws can be unjust. We shouldn't forget it, and we shouldn't forget its victims.

being held against your will and forced to work for those holding you for no pay is just as bad if you are a White Jew in Egypt or a black man in America.

Should I continue to look at Egyptians as "former" slave owners?

Yes, I already said all slavery is the same. Or else it wouldn't be called Slavery. Now go play somewhere. Heres a ball...Doesn't matter if its a ball or some guys testicles because they're all balls right? Just like slavery.

What in the world is controversial about her statement?? I disagree vehemently with the direction her husband is taking our country, but slavery is a perfect example of how laws can be unjust. We shouldn't forget it, and we shouldn't forget its victims.

two things wrong:

1. Shes black
2. She mentioned slavery while black

I don't think there is anything wrong with mentioning the history of slavery to kids studying the Emancipation proclamation.

I'd just like to see equal attention given to other aspects of American history, such as the religious objectives of the Pilgrims, the reasons for the Revolution, and the philosophical basis of The Constitution.

Forum List

Back