It is demeaning to nation for Mrs. Obama to discuss slavery

With the Democrats long and ponderous history of racism, I would hope all Democrats would feel the shame and finally accept responsibility for what they've done to the nation.

I agree, and our Republicans should accept the blame for taking on the Southern Strategy and coded language. Truly shameful.

...and African Americans in far greater numbers should accept responsibility for themselves and quit using a long past viable excuse for freeloading the nation.

Bitch please. Most African-Americans that I know..."worK', and hard, at least 5 days a week.
There are more whites on welfare than any other group.

It's is dishonorable, navyvet, to adopt a made up nonsense that the first slaves in America were owned by blacks. In fact, in America they were owned by Native Americans first, Spaniards next, then Portuguese and other nationalities, and then in North America overwhelmingly by white men. To some how suggest that the incredibly small number of black slave holders were more significant than their numbers is dishonorable.

Slavery and our past shames us all. Good for Michelle and boo to you.
Michelle chose to bring up the unpleasant past. So my position is, okay, Michelle, you want to talk about it? Here's what I know. If you think some of your forebears were slaves, unless you have some genealogical evidence of that it is also possible they were slave holders.

Either way this is an unpleasant topic -- especially to be imposing on pre-adolescent children. So why even bring it up Ms. First Lady? Since you have raised the topic I think it's appropriate to bring it all the way up so all the facts are in. But I also think it would be better to not bring it up at all and to let this part of American history rest in the interest of diminishing racial antagonism.

I agree, and our Republicans should accept the blame for taking on the Southern Strategy and coded language. Truly shameful.

...and African Americans in far greater numbers should accept responsibility for themselves and quit using a long past viable excuse for freeloading the nation.

Bitch please. Most African-Americans that I know..."worK', and hard, at least 5 days a week.

As percentage of the population I'm fairly certain you're wrong but the established utopian tradition by liberal Democrats of creating dependence and slavery to government could certainly do with a re-evaluation.

Hey Poet....who you think you are...who other people think you are...and who you actually are...should all be the same...no wonder you are befuddled.

As percentage of the population I'm fairly certain you're wrong but the established utopian tradition by liberal Democrats of creating dependence and slavery to government could certainly do with a re-evaluation.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. I hope you don't go so far as to confuse it for the truth.

It's is dishonorable, navyvet, to adopt a made up nonsense that the first slaves in America were owned by blacks. In fact, in America they were owned by Native Americans first, Spaniards next, then Portuguese and other nationalities, and then in North America overwhelmingly by white men. To some how suggest that the incredibly small number of black slave holders were more significant than their numbers is dishonorable.

Michelle chose to bring up the unpleasant past. So my position is, okay, Michelle, you want to talk about it? Here's what I know. If you think some of your forebears were slaves, unless you have some genealogical evidence of that it is also possible they were slave holders.

Either way this is an unpleasant topic -- especially to be imposing on pre-adolescent children. So why even bring it up Ms. First Lady? Since you have raised the topic I think it's appropriate to bring it all the way up so all the facts are in. But I also think it would be better to not bring it up at all and to let this part of American history rest in the interest of diminishing racial antagonism.

Ha! Even if I have to be the lone voice of discontent, I'll bring it up, and beat you, figuratively, "over the head" with it. Oh, you gon' mind.

In my personal opinion, it is not only demeaning but also divisive and improper for the wife of the President to air her chip on the shoulder opinions to the public.This particular subject has been debated now for decades and decades and it's futile to keep on repeating it.

Since the fact that a black man and woman have become the most powerful figures in the world should show how far the healing process has progressed.

Again, and I reiterate this is my opinion only, I believe it is strange that Michelle Obama doesn't realize her actions are unworthy of her Office.
Your opinion is very well stated and is 100% right on! I've always had the impression that Michelle strongly dislikes what she sees in her mirror and her utterly redundant and counterproductive little class field-trip confirms it.

In addition to strongly calling attention to the issue of slavery, which unavoidably evokes major issues of racial disparity in the minds of those school children, I doubt that Lady Michelle's tour of a slave house included an advisement that there would never have been Black slaves in America were it not for the Black slave dealers in Africa who captured other Blacks and sold them to the Dutch, Arab, and Portugese traders who brought them here. And I wonder if she told the children about the many (rarely mentioned) free Blacks in the South who were, themselves, slave owners who also bought and sold Black slaves.

(Excerpt 1)

Several nations such as the Ashanti of present-day Ghana and the Yoruba of present-day Nigeria were involved in slave-trading. Groups such as the Imbangala of Angola and the Nyamwezi of Tanzania would serve as intermediaries or roving bands, waging war on African states to capture people for export as slaves. Historians John Thornton and Linda Heywood of Boston University estimate that 90 percent of those shipped to the New World were enslaved by Africans and then sold to European traders. Henry Louis Gates, the Harvard Chair of African and African American Studies, has stated that "without complex business partnerships between African elites and European traders and commercial agents, the slave trade to the New World would have been impossible, at least on the scale it occurred."

Slavery in Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Close)
BS lies, white people love to tell themselves to relieve the guilt
Poet,

I know that iconoclastic information is sometimes hard to swallow, but there is something you need to know.

Back in July of 2009, one Henry Louis Gates, a Black history professor at Harvard was arrested by a Cambridge, MA, police officer over a minor misunderstanding. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/07/20/henry-louis-gates-jr-arre_n_241407.html The incident became a major issue when Obama invited Prof. Gates and the arresting officer to the White House "for a beer." This Henry Louis Gates is the same Black professor whose comments (above) you have denounced as "BS lies White people love to tell themselves . . . ."

If you will take the time to do some simple Google research you will learn that White people didn't venture into Africa to capture Blacks to enslave in America. The fact is Black Africans raided villages, captured and enslaved other Black Africans, held them in what are now known as "slave castles," where they were sold to Dutch, Arab, and Portugese slave traders, who transported them to America and re-sold them to dealers -- some of whom were themselves Black.

These are historical facts -- not BS lies.

Last edited:
and the Decatur House.

Michelle Obama visits slave quarters

We're long past that time. It's over. Whitey's paid his due. Bringing up the fact that slaves served presidents is just rubbing the nation's nose it what "some people" (fill that in yourselves) consider shameful. Just look at her. It makes my skin crawl to see such a person being first lady.

With the Democrats long and ponderous history of racism, I would hope all Democrats would feel the shame and finally accept responsibility for what they've done to the nation.

The odds seem rather slim though.

The racist mantle of the Democrats was taken over by the Republicans from the 1960's to 1980.

So convenient to rewrite history and avoid responsibility...:eusa_doh:

She should be thankful that blacks were allowed to be slaves.

Looks like Po It didn't understand my sarcasm:

New reputation!
Hi, you have received 0 reputation points from poet.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
Eat shit and die.

:clap2:

The odds seem rather slim though.

The racist mantle of the Democrats was taken over by the Republicans from the 1960's to 1980.

So convenient to rewrite history and avoid responsibility...:eusa_doh:

Where is the rewriting of history. Are you not aware that the Party of Lincoln, the emancipating party is now the Democratic Party, and the old racist Democratic Party is now the Republican and Tea Parties, harboring KKK'ers, racists, and holier than thou wanna be Christians, who have no idea of Christ' teachings? Google "When the parties switched", and get back with me.

New reputation!

Comment:
Eat shit and die.

That was crossing the boundary even for sarcasm....you obviously have zero scruples.

New reputation!

Comment:
Eat shit and die.

That was crossing the boundary even for sarcasm....you obviously have zero scruples.
I bet M. Obama would pee on you if she could.

It depends on the reason your discussing the history of slavery in the nation if your doing so in a historical context discussing the reasons for slavery how and why it happened I have no problem with it if on the other hand your trying to use the issue of slavery to try and score some kind of political points by comparing people or groups you disagree with politically today to slave traders or owners then I would have a problem with it. Doing this would be only a step or two below comparing people or groups to the Nazis something people on both sides of the aisle have a tendency to do.

New reputation!

Comment:
Eat shit and die.

I bet M. Obama would pee on you if she could.

Funny, but only a Tea Partier would say something so offensive...not to me, but about the First Lady of the United States of America. Proof positive that any disdain or disagreement with President Obama is personal and race-based, instead of policy-driven. Thanks for revealing that.

Who wants to be in the Silly group?
Come one people, this place is lonely with only moi.
Sound familiar? I bet you're lonely, a lot.

Last edited:

Since you have raised the topic I think it's appropriate to bring it all the way up so all the facts are in.

The story has been completely told, and in British North America the weight overwhelmingly is (1) all races participated and (2) whites and Native Americans bear the great weight.

Don't like it: tuff dat.

poet said:
White people make up shit all the time to serve their ends.

Racist statement from a black racist: proof positive.

Right...like we're suppose to believe the crime stats, which suggest that blacks commit the most crimes, and the government stats which suggest that, per capita, blacks make up the bulk of the welfare rolls. This is all propaganda and lies which serve to keep whites in power and authority. And me, identifying a truth makes my statement racist, as well as myself????????????? BS.
And everyone can see you're playing "both sides of the fence"....pretending to offer me a olive branch, and then calling me the next racist and leftist, to save face with your racist cronies. What? You have a "split personality", like The Three Faces of Eve? Or are you just off your meds?

poet said:
White people make up shit all the time to serve their ends.

Racist statement from a black racist: proof positive.

Right...like we're suppose to believe the crime stats, which suggest that blacks commit the most crimes, and the government stats which suggest that, per capita, blacks make up the bulk of the welfare rolls. This is all propaganda and lies which serve to keep whites in power and authority. And me, identifying a truth makes my statement racist, as well as myself????????????? BS.
And everyone can see you're playing "both sides of the fence"....pretending to offer me a olive branch, and then calling me the next racist and leftist, to save face with your racist cronies. What? You have a "split personality", like The Three Faces of Eve? Or are you just off your meds?

Dude, you're going to have to deal with the facts. the facts are that the black population commits the most violent crimes. They also receive a disproportionate amount of welfare. When a group that makes u 12% of the population gets 38% of the welfare there's a problem and blaming whitey isn't going to solve either of those issues.

Well, whitey was part of that problem for some several hundreds of years.

But . . .

. . . sixty years later ALL folks have to take responsibility.

Pull the pants up, tighten the belt, and get to work.

Forum List

Back