Is there a double standard for prosecuting Trump but not Biden for classified documents?

That was a really terrible weasel.

The fact is that Biden stole documents he had no authority to have. He stole them for the purpose of padding his book deal.
But as stated, the documents weren't used in his "book deal", making such an allegation tricky to prove in court, which is what Hur ultimately concluded

You decide to omit exculpatory evidence is terribly dishonest.

But as stated, the documents weren't used in his "book deal", making such an allegation tricky to prove in court, which is what Hur ultimately concluded

You decide to omit exculpatory evidence is terribly dishonest.
Biden's stolen documents used in his book is irrelevant. Biden admitted to illegally possessing the documents.

Mr. Hur, testifying Tuesday before the House Judiciary Committee about his investigation into Mr. Biden’s possession of classified documents, described audio recordings from 2017 in which Mr. Biden admitted having classified material.(bolded text added by me.)

The former vice president read some of the material to his ghostwriter, who was helping him author his second memoir and did not have a security clearance, Mr. Hur said.

Yes.

Even worse than that. Biden had no right whereas Trump was a President. Trump also has the PRA on his side as well as the Clinton sock drawer tapes case, which the DOJ forcefully argued in favor of Clinton, and the DC Circuit concurred in that argument.

Biden discussed classified material with his ghost writer!!

We need 25 separate US States to sue Biden for fraud

Biden's stolen documents used in his book is irrelevant. Biden admitted to illegally possessing the documents.

Mr. Hur, testifying Tuesday before the House Judiciary Committee about his investigation into Mr. Biden’s possession of classified documents, described audio recordings from 2017 in which Mr. Biden admitted having classified material.(bolded text added by me.)

The former vice president read some of the material to his ghostwriter, who was helping him author his second memoir and did not have a security clearance, Mr. Hur said.
If you want to make a motive for him to keep the documents for the book, the fact that he didn't use them in the book makes that case far more difficult to prove to a jury.

If you want to make a motive for him to keep the documents for the book, the fact that he didn't use them in the book makes that case far more difficult to prove to a jury.
Nt at all. The fact that he stole the documents for personal gain would be an easy case to make in front of a jury.

We both know the corrupt DOJ will not bring charges.

Nt at all. The fact that he stole the documents for personal gain would be an easy case to make in front of a jury.

We both know the corrupt DOJ will not bring charges.
Convincing a jury that they’re for personal gain is a harder argument to make to make when he didn’t attempt to gain from them.

No. Trump lied to the DoJ about having the documents, then about returning all of the documents. That's bad intent.

Trump obstructed justice. Biden cooperated fully.

Ummm, no, full cooperation after the fact perhaps. Joe took, and held these documents in anything but secure locations and additionally took documents as a Senator he had no right to.

Convincing a jury that they’re for personal gain is a harder argument to make to make when he didn’t attempt to gain from them.

Biden clearly had the documents because he intended to use them for personal gain.

It's in the Hur report.

Mr. Hur testified for more than four hours, affirming the conclusion of his February report that Mr. Biden “had strong motivations to ignore proper procedures for safeguarding his classified notebooks” because he sought to secure a book deal, signed with Macmillan publishers, that would ultimately pay him $8 million.

Biden clearly had the documents because he intended to use them for personal gain.

It's in the Hur report.

Mr. Hur testified for more than four hours, affirming the conclusion of his February report that Mr. Biden “had strong motivations to ignore proper procedures for safeguarding his classified notebooks” because he sought to secure a book deal, signed with Macmillan publishers, that would ultimately pay him $8 million.
As I stated earlier, the DoJ has previously allowed Reagan to keep notebooks which were classified, so it would have been a double standard to prosecute Biden for this.

It’s in the Hur report.

As I stated earlier, the DoJ has previously allowed Reagan to keep notebooks which were classified, so it would have been a double standard to prosecute Biden for this.

It’s in the Hur report.
As you chose to sidestep earlier, this has nothing to do with Reagan. Biden stole classified documents and used those in furtherance of his book deal.

It's in the Hur report.

As you chose to sidestep earlier, this has nothing to do with Reagan. Biden stole classified documents and used those in furtherance of his book deal.

It's in the Hur report.
The "documents" used for the book deal where his personal notes which the DoJ allows former executives to have.

So even though a motive exists to retain those notes, Hur decided this wasn't prosecutable for other reasons.

The "documents" used for the book deal where his personal notes which the DoJ allows former executives to have.

So even though a motive exists to retain those notes, Hur decided this wasn't prosecutable for other reasons.
False. Biden used classified documents for personal gain in furtherance of a book deal.

Mr. Hur testified for more than four hours, affirming the conclusion of his February report that Mr. Biden “had strong motivations to ignore proper procedures for safeguarding his classified notebooks” because he sought to secure a book deal, signed with Macmillan publishers, that would ultimately pay him

False. Biden used classified documents for personal gain in furtherance of a book deal.

Mr. Hur testified for more than four hours, affirming the conclusion of his February report that Mr. Biden “had strong motivations to ignore proper procedures for safeguarding his classified notebooks” because he sought to secure a book deal, signed with Macmillan publishers, that would ultimately pay him
I'm not arguing against this point.

I'm saying there are other reasons that prosecuting Biden for possession of these notebooks is not a good idea. This is a point that you seem unable to acknowledge.

I'm not arguing against this point.

I'm saying there are other reasons that prosecuting Biden for possession of these notebooks is not a good idea. This is a point that you seem unable to acknowledge.
I understood you believe Biden should be given a free pass for his illegal acts.

Why should I acknowledge a corrupt, career crook like Biden should not be prosecuted?

I understood you believe Biden should be given a free pass for his illegal acts.

Why should I acknowledge a corrupt, career crook like Biden should not be prosecuted?
DoJ gave Reagan a free pass for having notebooks with classified information. Should we have prosecuted him?

noFUcks.jpg

It’s in the Hur report.

Reagan was a former POTUS, a completely different situation.

Oh? When was Biden this executive when he was a Senator? Or when he was a VP? Keep spinning yourself into the ground.

DoJ gave Reagan a free pass for having notebooks with classified information. Should we have prosecuted him?

First, :link:

Second, he was a former President and that is a completely different situation.

Forum List

Back