is it u.s. of america or u.s. of atheists?

The destruction of New Orleans was a message from god.

Some FRINGE Pastors stated such, and said it was because of their lewdness there, yahdahyahdahyahdah.

But you can see, through all the natural disasters in the world that happen, they happen naturally, with no discriminate choice on where and when...people's action do not cause hurricanes, or tsunamis, or volcanoes or tornadoes...

Though, I personally believe that natural disasters are a wake-up call to all of those on Earth, from all religions to the nonreligious, that LIFE IS SHORT, live it good and to its fullest while you have it, because you never know when you are going to bite the dust.:eek:

care

I mis-spoke, the destruction of New Orleans was a message from Allah!

No it was a message from err one of the Indian gods, yeah that's it. She was trying to send smoke signals but something went horribly wrong (incidentally that's what started the CA fire).

The destruction of New Orleans was a message from god.

Some FRINGE Pastors stated such, and said it was because of their lewdness there, yahdahyahdahyahdah.

But you can see, through all the natural disasters in the world that happen, they happen naturally, with no discriminate choice on where and when...people's action do not cause hurricanes, or tsunamis, or volcanoes or tornadoes...

Though, I personally believe that natural disasters are a wake-up call to all of those on Earth, from all religions to the nonreligious, that LIFE IS SHORT, live it good and to its fullest while you have it, because you never know when you are going to bite the dust.:eek:

care

First--Believers claim that everything bad that happens on earth is due to people not following the words of some god.

Then these people turn around and claim that non-believers are arrogant.

Does it ever occur to you that natural disasters happen because the possibility of them occuring is natural, and not some warning??

Last edited:
when did it change to we the atheist? what happened to majority rules.
perhaps you are unaware of the idea that it is the responsibility of the majority to protect the minority. I would have thought the whole abolition of slavery would have taught you hicks that, but apparently not...

Gay marriage isn't allowed because the bible says so.
Actually that's not true at all. The bible does not mention homosexuality and marriage at all. Try again so I can shoot you down harder with the expected rebuttal. I can quote the chapter and verse too.

what about prayer in schools and in gov places where's our right. why should that offend you?
Where I'm from, the purpose of schools is education and removing ignorance, not promoting it. But hey, it's your right to zone out during biology class to pray - just don't be too surprised when you're the only one still clueless about evolution.

3) Yes it does. Religious Gays trying to destroy the sanctity of "marriage."
Really? Someone somehow hundreds of miles away from you in a committed and loving relationship somehow damages *your* marriage? That's amazing that anyone would have such power over your relationships. Either homosexuals have superpowers, or your relationships are so frail as to crumble at such a thing.

Tell me how ANYTHING would damage (let alone "destroy") anything about your marriage. What gets destroyed? What part of your marriage is so pathetically weak?

Because America WAS a Christian nation
when?

America was and has had predominantly Christian citizens. The nation itself is specifically secular (that whole separation of church and state thing).

when did it change to we the atheist? what happened to majority rules.
perhaps you are unaware of the idea that it is the responsibility of the majority to protect the minority. I would have thought the whole abolition of slavery would have taught you hicks that, but apparently not...

Gay marriage isn't allowed because the bible says so.
Actually that's not true at all. The bible does not mention homosexuality and marriage at all. Try again so I can shoot you down harder with the expected rebuttal. I can quote the chapter and verse too.

Where I'm from, the purpose of schools is education and removing ignorance, not promoting it. But hey, it's your right to zone out during biology class to pray - just don't be too surprised when you're the only one still clueless about evolution.

3) Yes it does. Religious Gays trying to destroy the sanctity of "marriage."
Really? Someone somehow hundreds of miles away from you in a committed and loving relationship somehow damages *your* marriage? That's amazing that anyone would have such power over your relationships. Either homosexuals have superpowers, or your relationships are so frail as to crumble at such a thing.

Tell me how ANYTHING would damage (let alone "destroy") anything about your marriage. What gets destroyed? What part of your marriage is so pathetically weak?

Because America WAS a Christian nation
when?

America was and has had predominantly Christian citizens. The nation itself is specifically secular (that whole separation of church and state thing).

Obviously you are unaware that the kid that played the lead banjo in Dueling Banjos is smarter than YOU.

This nation is NOT nor has it EVER been specifically secular, Einstein. Your denial doesn't change the truth one bit.

Obviously you are unaware that the kid that played the lead banjo in Dueling Banjos is smarter than YOU.

This nation is NOT nor has it EVER been specifically secular, Einstein. Your denial doesn't change the truth one bit.

it's nice to say random blanket statements and hope with all your might that they are true. Perhaps if you clap, tinkerbell really will come back to life!

But here in the real world, there's something called fact. For example, let's take the fact that our original governing document, the Constitution, specifically demarcated church and state. James Madison, deemed the father of the Constitution, is noted to have made several marks against "spiritual tyranny". I can go on and on about the founding fathers denouncing Christianity, but you get the point.

So why is it that some hicks believe this nation is Christian? Well, cuz their money has "God" on it. Therefore it must be their god, right? Well, no. So perhaps you can make the claim that select pieces of our government are not entirely secular, you can't claim by any means any part is Christian.

But please, do show me your facts that prove America, as a national entity, is religious. Show me the document that states that.

when referring to individual states, you are correct. When referring to the nation's name, you are incorrect. It would be like if you name a pet "Eggs". You would say Eggs is playing fetch, not Eggs are playing fetch. The former refers to the singular proper noun, the later refers to the plural noun object.

People commonly before the Civil War would say, "These United States are", and after "This United States is."

Why anyone would want to associate their God, with the lying scum of a crew we have had in our gvt, is beyond me.....

Because America WAS a Christian nation and had much less of the lying scum that you mentioned because it was a Christian nation. But as the lying Godless and spineless scum slips in the door on both sides of the isle our nation will continue to take the steep nose dive that it is.

It used to be so much more Godly when blacks were slaves and women were property.

it's nice to say random blanket statements and hope with all your might that they are true. Perhaps if you clap, tinkerbell really will come back to life!

But here in the real world, there's something called fact. For example, let's take the fact that our original governing document, the Constitution, specifically demarcated church and state. James Madison, deemed the father of the Constitution, is noted to have made several marks against "spiritual tyranny". I can go on and on about the founding fathers denouncing Christianity, but you get the point.

So why is it that some hicks believe this nation is Christian? Well, cuz their money has "God" on it. Therefore it must be their god, right? Well, no. So perhaps you can make the claim that select pieces of our government are not entirely secular, you can't claim by any means any part is Christian.

But please, do show me your facts that prove America, as a national entity, is religious. Show me the document that states that.

Try again. Your relativist argument may work on a 3rd grader, but I made it bit further. No remarks were made against "spiritual tyranny." The US government is not allowed to promote a religion. Religion is NOT precluded in government.

Go play your word games with your peers in Romper Room, bitch.

Why is it some retards have to call others hicks? As is obvious by your post, I know plenty of "hicks" I would prefer the company of to you, and are a whole fucking lot smarter than you.

it takes more than a dishonest argument to score, maggot. When you get a real fucking argument, let me know. Until then, I'm of a mind to change your userID to "Dumberthanahick".

Forum List

Back