Majority Of U.S. Catholics Think Abortion Should Be Legal, Survey Shows

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“Pew Research found that about six in 10 Catholics in the U.S. think abortion should be legal, with 39% saying it should be legal in most cases and 22% saying it should be legal in all cases.”

Clearly a majority of Catholics correctly understand that one can support reproductive autonomy and privacy rights while also opposing abortion as a matter of religious dogma.

Abortion is legal. I wonder if those 56% would think late term abortion should remain legal if they ever thought about what happens.

“Pew Research found that about six in 10 Catholics in the U.S. think abortion should be legal, with 39% saying it should be legal in most cases and 22% saying it should be legal in all cases.”

Clearly a majority of Catholics correctly understand that one can support reproductive autonomy and privacy rights while also opposing abortion as a matter of religious dogma.
That’s great, and when they get to their state elections, they can let their voices be heard in that regard.

See how this works? I told you all back when Dobbs happened that give it a bit and people in states would make change if they felt it necessary and lo and behold, looks what’s happening.

And you know what?? If they change their state laws to allow abortion, that would be great! Because that’s how all of this is SUPPOSED to work!

39% saying it should be legal in "most" cases and 22% saying it should be legal in "all" cases - doesn't simply ad up into 6 out of 10 Catholics (aka a majority) being pro Abortion.
Furthermore it isn't simply about agreeing towards Abortion as such - but the respective time-frame as to when an Abortion is LEGAL.

Majority Of U.S. Catholics Think Abortion Should Be Legal, Survey Shows​

First, they blasphemed the Messiah. They then set about slandering every "good" deed gleaned from the Bible, went to war murdering non-Catholics and even released paedophiles unto the flock. Supporting abortion is a minor thing in comparison. :dev3:

You just contradicted yourself. What you said doesn't make sense.

Abortion is legal. I wonder if those 56% would think late term abortion should remain legal if they ever thought about what happens.
I wonder how many abortion supporters have ever had an abortion, or seen an aborted baby UP CLOSE. Or heard them. Do they cry ?

Sounds like a majority of Catholics understand that if you feel abortion is wrong then don’t get one and allow other to use their free will and make the choice for themselves as God intended.

I wonder how many abortion supporters have ever had an abortion, or seen an aborted baby UP CLOSE. Or heard them. Do they cry ?
I have. My secretary had a lot of abortions. She would run down on her lunch hour and come back to work.

She was given a local anesthetic, like to pull a tooth. The procedure was done by vacuum aspiration. It took less than five minutes. The result was a small amount of bleeding and a blood clot about the size of a teaspoon.

Later abortions are done by dilation and cutterage. The uterus is literally scraped. More bleeding and several blood clots. The bleeding stops quickly a pad isn't even necessary.

As an anti abortionist, this is one of your difficulties. Too many women have had abortions or seen abortions. They know exactly what happens. Are there abortions that rips babies limb from limb? Sure. it just isn't so often that the great many women are willing to give up their autonomy to stop. This is why persuading women to give up the right to abortion is so hard. Women just know too much.

Forum List

Back