is it u.s. of america or u.s. of atheists?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
when did it change to we the atheist? what happened to majority rules.

any reason why you think that atheists run america? Because I, an atheist, would argue that atheists are given less respect in politics and national issues.

any reason why you think that atheists run america? Because I, an atheist, would argue that atheists are given less respect in politics and national issues.

what is it they wanted their way on don't they get.

In several states an atheist cannot hold office. I don't know the others, but I know it's in the MD constitution.

The federal government donates money to religious groups and reduce funding to nonreligious groups. This forces athesists who could be on down times, have a drug problem, etc. to go to a church.

Gay marriage isn't allowed because the bible says so.

Religious persecution in the military including forced religious services.

Name an atheist that has been elected to public office. A prominent office.

In several states an atheist cannot hold office. I don't know the others, but I know it's in the MD constitution.

The federal government donates money to religious groups and reduce funding to nonreligious groups. This forces athesists who could be on down times, have a drug problem, etc. to go to a church.

and which of these youv'e listed are not changing and about the holding of the office you know how the gays were (maybe the truth is in the closet)

You seem to have a thing about atheists. Are you one of those religious freaks who believes that those that don't follow your own beliefs are somewhat inferior?

Next you'll be calling for their execution, just like another group of religious zealots.

1) No, the ACLU got that one changed. I may still exist in their constitution but it is of no effect.

2) The government donates money to abortion clinics to kill babies too.

3)Gay marriage isn't allowed because gay's aren't going to ruin marriage for everyone else. They can gladly have their own term.

4) I don't think anyone is "forced" to go to any religious service but if so and they refuse are they sent to jail like Christians who pray in school are?

A service member refused to obey a lawful order, s/he may well end up jailed. I went to religious services while in the military, many of them involuntarily when that pedophile of a pastor was celebrating the service. That, however, is a story for another day.

1) No, the ACLU got that one changed. I may still exist in their constitution but it is of no effect.

3)Gay marriage isn't allowed because gay's aren't going to ruin marriage for everyone else. They can gladly have their own term.

4) I don't think anyone is "forced" to go to any religious service but if so and they refuse are they sent to jail like Christians who pray in school are?

2) Hyde Amendment bans the flow of federal dollars to anything that provides abortion. So you are wrong there.

3) Gays are going to ruin marriage? I thought married people already did that.

Sure, I'll concede many of the founders were deists, but they definitely were not pervasively Christians. The author of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson was definitely an outspoken critic of Christianity. (Read his "Bible" for example) Not to say Christians should not practice their religion and have the freedom of religion we all should enjoy. However, the US Constitution in the first amendment states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Therefore, the government is a secular government, meaning it is separated from religion. One reason for this secularization was fear of Anglican and Papist loyalty to their respective Christian sects. It was also meant to allow people to be free of paying taxes to support a clergy of a different religious sect like the Catholic Church or the Anglican Church. (Prior to the Revolution, tax revenues supported the operations of the Anglican Church. One grievance of the Revolutionaries was the appointment of an Anglican bishop to America as well.)

I am an atheist, but I don't want to shut down churches or prevent parents from teaching their religion to children. I just want to make sure my tax dollars don't go to support your religious institutions and I want the government to remain secular so we all can freely believe whatever we want.

Sure, I'll concede many of the founders were deists, but they definitely were not pervasively Christians. The author of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson was definitely an outspoken critic of Christianity. (Read his "Bible" for example) Not to say Christians should not practice their religion and have the freedom of religion we all should enjoy. However, the US Constitution in the first amendment states:

I am an atheist, but I don't want to shut down churches or prevent parents from teaching their religion to children. I just want to make sure my tax dollars don't go to support your religious institutions and I want the government to remain secular so we all can freely believe whatever we want.

i agree i dont want tax dollars going there either. and i'm all for everyone believing what they will. but, what about prayer in schools and in gov places where's our right. why should that offend you?

2) Hyde Amendment bans the flow of federal dollars to anything that provides abortion. So you are wrong there.

3) Gays are going to ruin marriage? I thought married people already did that.

2) Planned Parenthood gets over $100 million of federal taxpayer dollars annually so you are wrong there.

Many people don't want their tax dollars supporting abortion. I totally agree. You shouldn't be forced to spend money on something that you believe is morally wrong and against your beliefs.

It's for that exact same reason I don't want a penny of my tax dollars supporting nonsensical mystical religions. I'm sure those that have occult beliefs will agree with me. Since the majority of Americans agree with the right to abortion but also agree that those with supernatural convictions shouldn't be forced to foot part of the bill, those same people with those supernatural convictions will undoubtedly agree that their money shouldn't be going to indoctrinate my children into something I think is just made up.

You seem to have a thing about atheists. Are you one of those religious freaks who believes that those that don't follow your own beliefs are somewhat inferior?

Next you'll be calling for their execution, just like another group of religious zealots.

Hmmm. Failed to answer, then Froggy. I can only assume that you ARE one of those 'holier than thou' freaks. Just as long as we know.

i agree i dont want tax dollars going there either. and i'm all for everyone believing what they will. but, what about prayer in schools and in gov places where's our right. why should that offend you?

why do you want to put your prayer on DISPLAY when the Bible and Christ have taught us how to pray and where it should take place, and in public, for show, IS NOT ONE of them?

and we are allowed to pray in school or anywhere in the public, protected by the first amendment, both the religion clause and the free speech clause covers such.

What is not allowed is for a gvt paid employee, such as a teacher or principle, or football coach leading students in prayer is my understanding of the law and how the SC has interpreted the constitution as of late.

when i was in school we had prayer in the morning before or after the pledge...

care

Forum List

Back