Iran prez Hassan Rouhani chided for religious persecution

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
It would be nice if the Iranian regime had more respect for the religious beliefs of others.

Iran prez Hassan Rouhani chided for religious persecution

Naghmeh Abedini, holds a necklace with a photograph of her husband, Saeed Abedini, on Capitol Hill in Washington, Tuesday, June 2, 2015, during a House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing with four people whose family members are being held in Iran. ... more >

By Cheryl Wetzstein - The Washington Times - Monday, August 3, 2015
Iran’s president, who reached his second anniversary in office Monday, was again implored to release prisoners of conscience — including an Iranian-American pastor — and improve conditions for freedom of religion.

“Two years have passed since President [Hassan] Rouhani assumed office, and for two years he has failed on his promise to improve the climate for religious freedom, particularly for religious minority communities,” Robert P. George, chairman of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), said Monday.

“In fact, the situation for religious minority groups — including Baha’is, Christians, and Sufi Muslims — remains dire, as it does for dissenting Shi'a and Sunni Muslims,” said Mr. George, a nationally known law professor at Princeton University.

Baha’is, in particular, are being mistreated, he said, with authorities closing their businesses and wreaking financial havoc on the persecuted minority.

Continue reading at:

Iran s Hassan Rouhani chided on persecution of religious minorities - Washington Times

He would be no better off in Saudi Arabia either.

You don't say, Penelope? When the threads were about Saudi Arabia (and there have been many), how come you didn't drag Iran in? Are the Ayatollahs your kind of guys? My heart goes out to those young Baha'i women who are checked by some thug to see if they are a virgin. If not, they are raped the night before they are killed because Mohammed said never to kill a virgin. I think Penelope would enjoy a job in Evin prison sending out these young women to be checked.

I wonder if we are in a prison or a torture chamber summer is hell in Iran s Evin jail World news The Guardian

Forum List

Back