Internet Wife

OK, more like Internet Spouse.

At work, we kind of joke about having the work wife, and the ladies joke about their work husband.
You all know what I'm talking about, at work we all have somebody of the opposite sex that just "fits" with us, our work wife (or work husband).

I've already got mine picked out, pick yours.

every job i worked, i had the work husband or was the work wife to someone...not in a sexual way, but in a ''watch'' your back way....

someone that appreciated my work ethics and whom i respected theirs, with the same goals, that helped me, or i with him...

not necessarily agreeing on everything, but a level of trust was present.

it's a dicey situation if you let it be, but just a good, trustworthy co=worker if you keep your head on straight.

OK, more like Internet Spouse.

At work, we kind of joke about having the work wife, and the ladies joke about their work husband.
You all know what I'm talking about, at work we all have somebody of the opposite sex that just "fits" with us, our work wife (or work husband).

I've already got mine picked out, pick yours.

every job i worked, i had the work husband or was the work wife to someone...not in a sexual way, but in a ''watch'' your back way....

someone that appreciated my work ethics and whom i respected theirs, with the same goals, that helped me, or i with him...

not necessarily agreeing on everything, but a level of trust was present.

it's a dicey situation if you let it be, but just a good, trustworthy co=worker if you keep your head on straight.

Yep, that's sort of where I was going.

Some people would say internet contacts are not IRL, if you are honest, I would beg to differ with them.

This thread reminded me of this article:

Is This Man Cheating on His Wife?

Alexandra Alter on the toll one man's virtual marriage is taking on his real one and what researchers are discovering about the surprising power of synthetic identity.

By ALEXANDRA ALTER
On a scorching July afternoon, as the temperature creeps toward 118 degrees in a quiet suburb east of Phoenix, Ric Hoogestraat sits at his computer with the blinds drawn, smoking a cigarette. While his wife, Sue, watches television in the living room, Mr. Hoogestraat chats online with what appears on the screen to be a tall, slim redhead.

He's never met the woman outside of the computer world of Second Life, a well-chronicled digital fantasyland with more than eight million registered "residents" who get jobs, attend concerts and date other users. He's never so much as spoken to her on the telephone. But their relationship has taken on curiously real dimensions. They own two dogs, pay a mortgage together and spend hours shopping at the mall and taking long motorcycle rides. This May, when Mr. Hoogestraat, 53, needed real-life surgery, the redhead cheered him up with a private island that cost her $120,000 in the virtual world's currency, or about $480 in real-world dollars. Their bond is so strong that three months ago, Mr. Hoogestraat asked Janet Spielman, the 38-year-old Canadian woman who controls the redhead, to become his virtual wife.

Is This Man Cheating on His Wife? - WSJ.com

Interesting article. I don't play online games like that, but I have met some great people on the internet, and then met some of them face to face.

Interesting.. I just tried to reply to Tofu's post, and it was deleted?

In any event..That was pretty crude, dude.. Know your audience before you open your trap like that.

This thread reminded me of this article:

Is This Man Cheating on His Wife?

Alexandra Alter on the toll one man's virtual marriage is taking on his real one and what researchers are discovering about the surprising power of synthetic identity.

By ALEXANDRA ALTER
On a scorching July afternoon, as the temperature creeps toward 118 degrees in a quiet suburb east of Phoenix, Ric Hoogestraat sits at his computer with the blinds drawn, smoking a cigarette. While his wife, Sue, watches television in the living room, Mr. Hoogestraat chats online with what appears on the screen to be a tall, slim redhead.

He's never met the woman outside of the computer world of Second Life, a well-chronicled digital fantasyland with more than eight million registered "residents" who get jobs, attend concerts and date other users. He's never so much as spoken to her on the telephone. But their relationship has taken on curiously real dimensions. They own two dogs, pay a mortgage together and spend hours shopping at the mall and taking long motorcycle rides. This May, when Mr. Hoogestraat, 53, needed real-life surgery, the redhead cheered him up with a private island that cost her $120,000 in the virtual world's currency, or about $480 in real-world dollars. Their bond is so strong that three months ago, Mr. Hoogestraat asked Janet Spielman, the 38-year-old Canadian woman who controls the redhead, to become his virtual wife.

Is This Man Cheating on His Wife? - WSJ.com

Interesting article. I don't play online games like that, but I have met some great people on the internet, and then met some of them face to face.

Yeah, I know what you mean. One of my best friends is someone I met online. I find it easier to make friends on cyberspace.

In any event..That was pretty crude, dude.. Know your audience before you open your trap like that.

I swear, I'm not a moderator and I don't play one on TV, I had nothing to do with it.
On the other hand, anybody that tries to piss on one of my threads deserves to get moderated.

I swear, I'm not a moderator and I don't play one on TV, I had nothing to do with it.
On the other hand, anybody that tries to piss on one of my threads deserves to get moderated.

I'm the one that moved his crude comment he made to Care4All, it's not the first time he's done it either. If he/she has a problem with it, they can PM me.

I'm the one that moved his crude comment he made to Care4All, it's not the first time he's done it either. If he/she has a problem with it, they can PM me.

Thanks.

Oh gees, I leave for a while and all hell breaks loose! hahahahahahaha! Now you've caught my interest, what in the world did he say? :lol:

Care

Oh gees, I leave for a while and all hell breaks loose! hahahahahahaha! Now you've caught my interest, what in the world did he say? :lol:

Care

I could tell you, but it would be moderated. :lol:

Forum List

Back