CDZ Intergenerationality

ChrisL, please don't start with the insults. There's a reason I started this thread in the Clean Debate Zone. I have interacted with various people in this forum. As far as I know, only one of them has been a minor.

I haven't insulted you.

Only if you weren't referring to me in post 34. Are you saying you weren't?

I was speaking generally.

Was I included in your "generalization"?

Like you said, we aren't allowed to INSULT other members in this zone.

How clever of you. I think your answer is pretty clear based on that comment. Now if we could focus on the subject instead of me, I think we could actually get somewhere in this thread besides your feelings towards me...

I find it odd how you talk about teens and sex

Corrrection, the opening post was about interactions between minors and adults, as well as how sex ed should be taught. You seem to have a strong desire to make the scope of this thread more salacious then it is.

No, you talked about sex ed and then jumped into "intergenerational" relationships.

Actually, I talked about intergenerational interactions, and then brought up sex ed. You are the one who seems to have a strong desire to talk about intergenerational relationships.

Why are you including sex in your topic about intergenerational relationships?

Again, I brought up sex ed and intergenerational interactions. They are not the same thing as the subjects you seem to be so keen on discussing.

ChrisL, please don't start with the insults. There's a reason I started this thread in the Clean Debate Zone. I have interacted with various people in this forum. As far as I know, only one of them has been a minor.

I haven't insulted you.

Why do you want to have relationships with teenage girls?

Teachers have to go through screening processes.

Who said I want to have "relationships" with teenage girls? Why can't you just stick to the subject of this thread already -.-?

Because that is the whole point of this thread.

No, it really isn't. This thread is about intergenerationality and sex ed.

I find it odd how you talk about teens and sex

Corrrection, the opening post was about interactions between minors and adults, as well as how sex ed should be taught. You seem to have a strong desire to make the scope of this thread more salacious then it is.

No, you talked about sex ed and then jumped into "intergenerational" relationships.

Actually, I talked about intergenerational interactions, and then brought up sex ed. You are the one who seems to have a strong desire to talk about intergenerational relationships.

Again, I brought up sex ed and intergenerational interactions. They are not the same thing as the subjects you seem to be so keen on discussing.

But you included sexual issues in your OP.

I haven't insulted you.

Who said I want to have "relationships" with teenage girls? Why can't you just stick to the subject of this thread already -.-?

So, you want to teach minors online that you don't know about sex ed? What's the point and how are the two related?

I haven't insulted you.

Do you think that the parents of these children should know about the men online who befriend their child?

One- Sexual Education of minors. That's it. If you want to talk about that, by all means. I even included a link to the Sex Ed curriculum in Ontario, the province I live in. By all means, let me know what you think of it.

I haven't insulted you.

I've had experiences as a 15-year-old where men have tried to "befriend" me too. Lol.

One- Sexual Education of minors. That's it. If you want to talk about that, by all means. I even included a link to the Sex Ed curriculum in Ontario, the province I live in. By all means, let me know what you think of it.

I read it. What does it have to do with intergenerational relationships with minors online behind their parents' backs?

So, you want to teach minors online that you don't know about sex ed? What's the point and how are the two related?

Why must you consistently make this discussion about me? Again, the subjects were intergenerationality and sex ed. Most people agree that sex ed should be taught to minors by adults- that is the link between the 2 subjects. Do you think sex ed in schools is a good thing?

I've had experiences as a 15-year-old where men have tried to "befriend" me too. Lol.

It seems those were bad experiences? If you want to talk about that, by all means. It still fits into the subject matter here.

It's certainly not the same thing to have a teacher who is doing his or her job by teaching a child and some man online that you know nothing about trying to make friends with your minor child. IMO, that is completely inappropriate.

Why must you consistently make this discussion about me? Again, the subjects were intergenerationality and sex ed. Most people agree that sex ed should be taught to minors by adults- that is the link between the 2 subjects. Do you think sex ed in schools is a good thing?

Adults who are educated to be teachers and pass background checks. Not some strange man online.

I read it. What does it have to do with intergenerational relationships with minors online behind their parents' backs?

You still don't seem to have noticed that -you- are the one who keeps on mentioning intergenerational "relationships". The purpose of this thread was to talk about intergenerational interactions in general. That can be as simple as a teen waitress, as Moonglow mentioned, or it can be an online discussion about the economy between atleast one adult and one minor in an online forum such as this one, one in which I know you have participated in.

It seems those were bad experiences? If you want to talk about that, by all means. It still fits into the subject matter here.

Bad experiences? Perhaps. Definitely LEARNING experiences.

Adults who are educated to be teachers and pass background checks. Not some strange man online.

Minors these days don't need to interact with anyone if they want to learn about sex ed, so long as they have access to the internet. Now could you finally get to the main subjects of this thread? What do you think of Sex Ed in general, for instance?

You still don't seem to have noticed that -you- are the one who keeps on mentioning intergenerational "relationships". The purpose of this thread was to talk about intergenerational interactions in general. That can be as simple as a teen waitress, as Moonglow mentioned, or it can be an online discussion about the economy between atleast one adult and one minor in an online forum such as this one, one in which I know you have participated in.

I don't see a problem with discussing economics online in a public setting with a minor. Trying to befriend them, lure them into a discussion with you, and perhaps private messaging with them is inappropriate. Especially if their parents are not aware of it. Kids have parents and guardians for a reason.

If you want to talk about this aspect of intergenerationality, by all means, elaborate on your experiences. Or experiences you have heard of that you feel are relevant.

Minors these days don't need to interact with anyone if they want to learn about sex ed, so long as they have access to the internet. Now could you finally get to the main subjects of this thread? What do you think of Sex Ed in general, for instance?

What about sex ed? I don't live in Canada. Your OP about sex ed doesn't apply to the United States.

If you want to talk about this aspect of intergenerationality, by all means, elaborate on your experiences. Or experiences you have heard of that you feel are relevant.

Certainly. There are a LOT of men out there who will try to "befriend" your child who have less than honorable intentions.

Forum List

Back