Imagine a US where we all lived by the Bible

We need not imagine such a country. We need merely refer to history.

Pick a good intelligent woman to marry. Get married and remain faithful to each other.

Only leaders of our country has to figure out what to do with AIDS.

Don't be a fornicator, sodomite, or an adulterer. You also want a wife who will do the same.

The options are simple for the others. Get killed by a cruel government, get killed by nature, or get tortured by a variety of STDs. If sex feels so great then get a wife, a playbook magazine or an internet connection. It is ridiculous that people ruin their lives over sex.

One out of three people between the ages of 14-45 have an STD. There is no excuse for idiots to ignore the brilliant yet obvious advice from the Bible. No matter how advanced and intelligent we become there is still destruction for those who chose to sin.

Killing sexual perverts just puts them out of their misery. It also prevents them from encouraging others to participate in a destructive lifestyle.

Say all you want but this is too obvious. Sexual perversion is way more risky than sexual purity. It has to be thousands of times more risky. It has to be.

A benevolent law to kill these perverts only helps the perverts. It does nothing to help the people who remain sexually pure. I'm with you screw them. Don't make laws that will help them. They get what they deserve. Let them wallow in their own filth. Let AIDS run rampant on them. There is no need to implement a benevolent and obvious cure.

Besides. It's to expensive to kill them all. We could use that money on roads, schools or something

Last edited:
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Would you be allowed to ;pick and choose?

I don't know how all the Levitical laws would work but it would probably be good if every person in the United States followed the sexual ethical code taught in the Bible. The rest could probably be ignore but the sexual ethical code of the Bible is very beneficial and painfully obvious.

Don't cheat on your wife.
Don't have sex before marriage.
Don't have anal sex.
Don't have sex with people of the same gender.

Those would eliminate approximately 100% of all new STD cases. That is saying a lot considering 1 out of 3 people in the United States has an STD.

There is nothing wrong with less STD's, less murders committed by cheated spouses or less sexual confusion for young people.

We could make sex simple, safe, effective, valuable, invigorating, joyful, compassionate instead of making it into something that is confusing and destructive.

I say, go for it. Let's follow the Bible in regards to sexual morals. It might be a good thing. I'm not sure how it could be so bad.

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

This would reduce the spread of STD's. The victim of rape is forced to endure a miserable life for the benefit of society. It sucks but I see the wisdom.

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

These refugees are going to die if someone doesn't take them in. The general is giving the soldiers an incentive to provide for these girls for the rest of their lives so that they do not die in miserable poverty. If the United States engaged in conquering nations we would need a system similar to this in place too. Otherwise the welfare system would be too overloaded to function. Why did you bring this up? It isn't applicable to the United States. We don't engage in conquering nations. This brings up no valuable point for discussion.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Um. What is wrong with people doing their job? This sounds like this tradition would make the economy a lot more productive. Why would you punish someone harshly that wasn't aware that they screwed up? This seems very fair to me. I fail to see the problem with this. I will even argue that we do this in the United States already. People get punished at work all the time. Sometimes they are punished severely. Sometimes they are punished lightly.

For example: Since you didn't know that the copy machine isn't supposed to be used before 10am we won't restrict your access to the copier. We have instead chose to restrict your ability to participate in blue jean Fridays for the next three weeks.

For example: Geez Bill. You keep using the copier before 10 am. This is the third time you have done it this week. It's very important that the copier is available to the executive staff in the early hours of the work day. We are going to have to let you go. You obviously have no concern for the rules here or the methodology of our operations. You were aware but you repeatedly refused to follow simple instructions.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

Just like your mention of dividing the spoils of conquered women, this is 100% irrelevant as well. Slavery is illegal in the United States. Why did you even bring it up? We don't have slaves in the United States. I don't know how to address your question. If everybody in the US followed the Bible then this wouldn't even apply. Slavery is illegal in the United States. I have no answer for you on this one. Why did you even bring it up?

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Have you ever heard of Sociology? There is great benefit in societal pressures. This keeps your thoughts focused on what is beneficial and keeps your thoughts away from what is destructive. Protecting yourself from destructive thinking aka brainwashing isn't as bad as you might think.

I guess if everybody in the US followed the Bible then we would have a cleaner, safer, more productive and useful society of people. You are right though. It does suck for that rape victim in the first verse you mentioned.

Last edited:
Let's get back to the OP. What would the U.S. be like if everybody lived by the Bible?

Does anybody have any guesses? I observe that there would be less rape, less pedophilia, less divorce, less male impotence, more sense of community, less suicide, more polygamy, less attacks from Islamic terrorist and less poverty if we implemented the Book of Leviticus as law of the land. Slavery would still be illegal and the U S still wouldn't be conquering nations.

Let's get back to the OP. What would the U.S. be like if everybody lived by the Bible?

Does anybody have any guesses? I observe that there would be less rape, less pedophilia, less divorce, less male impotence, more sense of community, less suicide, more polygamy, less attacks from Islamic terrorist and less poverty if we implemented the Book of Leviticus as law of the land. Slavery would still be illegal and the U S still wouldn't be conquering nations.

Umm, no. A rational person can use the heinous cruelties of the bibles to point out the amoral nature of gawds that is then asserted by religionists as a moral guide for human behavior. If one actually followed the examples of these gawds, there would be no end to the justification of execution that person would deserve. The gawds of the OT (stolen from Judaism by the inventors of Christianity), and the bibles are capricious, cruel, and as the "authors" of all reality, as evil can be (after all, they created Lucifer, we didn't, right?).

Umm, no. A rational person can use the heinous cruelties of the bibles to point out the amoral nature of gawds that is then asserted by religionists as a moral guide for human behavior. If one actually followed the examples of these gawds, there would be no end to the justification of execution that person would deserve. The gawds of the OT (stolen from Judaism by the inventors of Christianity), and the bibles are capricious, cruel, and as the "authors" of all reality, as evil can be (after all, they created Lucifer, we didn't, right?).

What would you say if none of it was implemented by law but instead everybody followed it? Would it be any better?

This includes the shrimp prohibition, prohibition of mixed fabrics and the immediate reporting of rape.

What would you say if none of it was implemented by law but instead everybody followed it? Would it be any better?

This includes the shrimp prohibition, prohibition of mixed fabrics and the immediate reporting of rape.

Help me out here. So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the absolutely universal law of God is not making it clear how I should proceed.

Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46
"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year neighborhood children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically the child is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway.

Can you enlighten me on how to resolve such a conflict?

Thanks

Help me out here. So I'm conflicted on how to handle a domestic issue, and the absolutely universal law of God is not making it clear how I should proceed.

Here's my conflict, from Leviticus 25:45-46
"Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession."

Here's my problem. One of the 4 year neighborhood children of the heathens around me actually has converted to Judaism. Now, technically the child is still heathen, at least by blood. Can I buy this child anyway, or does the conversion override the bloodline issue? I suspect that a 4 year old isn't old enough to make such a decision regarding their status, so I can buy and enslave him anyway.

Can you enlighten me on how to resolve such a conflict?

Thanks

I have already addressed this earlier in this thread. Slavery is illegal in the United States. This should clear it up without much thought from either one of us.

Do you have any other moral dilemmas that we can solve with scripture? That wasn't challenging enough for me. It was too easy. You can't purchase your neighbor regardless of his religious affiliation.

This does sound like a good way to address illegal immigration in our country. Maybe we should look to scripture and find a way to discourage people who invade our country without documentation. We could adopt them as slaves, give them a job for life, give them food for life and give them healthcare for life. Nah! It's cruel to own people who illegally enter your country that fail to properly convert into being an United States citizen. You have to remember that Ancient Israel was a theocracy. Converting to Judaism was the same process as becoming a citizen of Israel.

is the heathen in your example an United States citizen? If he is an United States citizen then this is a non issue. If the four year old came here illegally then you should enslave his parents instead. The four year old should be absolved of his crime and shall become a citizen. Whoever enslaved his parents shall be responsible for the child's livelihood until he comes of age.

I hope that makes sense. Why do you want to enslave your four year old neighbor anyways? That is a very bizarre desire in our current culture and economy. It is expensive to care for a slave, it is also socially and legally unacceptable.

:bsflag:
I call BS. I don't think you are struggling with this issue. I think you made it up.

Let's address something realistic like gonorrhea, syphilis, AIDS, rapist who can't be convicted, pedophiles who can't be convicted or herpes. These are real issues that exist in the United States. They can all be solved with scripture.

Last edited:
The last sentence of that article says this, "We left a message for Anderson at his church but we're still waiting to hear back."

They must have waiting 5 minutes. Steve Anderson loves air time. That last sentence was a lie or an extreme exaggeration.

A situation like "He goes on to say killing gays is the way to an AIDS-free world by Christmas." is a problem for a psychiatric hospital. The problem "Aids and homosexuality" is by the way a problem of "Aids and anal sex" or "Aids and drugs". And anal sex or drugs is not only a problem of gay men but also of others. He has a lot to do if he likes to kill all men in the world until Christmas because he lives in fear on Aids. As I said yet: The best could be he restarts into a normal life in a psychiatric hospital under control of a professional team of doctors, therapists and care attendents.

I am confused. I think he only advocated for the death of ...

No Christian advocates for the death of anyone. We advocate for a sane lovely life of everyone in a hopefully wonderful comfortable atmosphere like in paradise. That's what we are looking for - not for death and destruction. What's not so good should remind us to find better ways, that's all. Death is no way - death is a bad result. We believe in life - even in eternal life - and not in death.

Last edited:
No Christian advocates for the death of anyone. We advocate for a sane lovely life of everyone in a hopefully wonderful comfortable atmosphere like in paradise. That's what we are looking for - not for death and destruction. What's not so good should remind us to find better ways, that's all. Death is no way - death is a bad result. We believe in life - even in eternal life - and not in death.

Did you listen to Pastor Steven Anderson's sermon on AIDS? You are right. He wasn't advocating the death of anybody. The Levitical law and the 1st Chapter of Romans was doing that. He was simply preaching the Bible because God asked him to do that for him.

Technically you are right but I still think some Christians believe the Bible. Most don't but some really do. Pastor Steven Anderson is one of the Christians that really does believe the Bible to be true. He doesn't run a country club like most Christian organizations.

Very few Christians subscribe to Unitarian doctrine.

Did you listen to Pastor Steven Anderson's sermon on AIDS?

right. He wasn't advocating the death of anybody. The Levitical law and the 1st Chapter of Romans was doing that. ...

His choice. What Paulus and others wrote is something someone should think about - but everyone makes his own decisions. The bible is no excuse for nothing. I personally never found anything in the bible what justifies stupid senseless agressions. Someone has to read the bible always in context. Nothing exists alone. I always say: "A washing intruction in a T-shirt produces enough reason to do wars if someone likes to do wars". And let me say now: "The bible is not a washing instruction for any conscience." The deeds are important. Instigators of very heavy crimes like murder are not in a good position. This has nothing to do with the christian religion. No homosexual man or woman should live only a little in fear of Christ.

-----
At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

----

Last edited:
Instigators of very heavy crimes like murder are not in a good position.

Pastor Steven Anderson wasn't advocating murder. The Bible wasn't advocating murder.

You said before:

... In the video, Anderson cites a Bible passage he says is the "cure" for AIDS:

"Here's what the Bible says, Leviticus 20:13, 'If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.' And that, my friend, is the cure for AIDS. It was right there in the Bible all along."

His message is that killing gays is a divinely sanctioned way to rid the world of AIDS. ...

I would say this speaks not only about murder - this speaks even about mass-murder.

Last edited:
The last sentence of that article says this, "We left a message for Anderson at his church but we're still waiting to hear back."

They must have waiting 5 minutes. Steve Anderson loves air time. That last sentence was a lie or an extreme exaggeration.

A situation like "He goes on to say killing gays is the way to an AIDS-free world by Christmas." is a problem for a psychiatric hospital. The problem "Aids and homosexuality" is by the way a problem of "Aids and anal sex" or "Aids and drugs". And anal sex or drugs is not only a problem of gay men but also of others. He has a lot to do if he likes to kill all men in the world until Christmas because he lives in fear on Aids. As I said yet: The best could be he restarts into a normal life in a psychiatric hospital under control of a professional team of doctors, therapists and care attendents.

I am confused. I think he only advocated for the death of sodomites, adulterers and fornicators. That leaves all faithful married men alive and incapable of spreading AIDS.

AIDS cannot spread without sexual perversion. It is impossible.

These others that you describe are not two heterosexuals in committed relationships. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe in gay men. According to scripture all gay men are actively bisexual. Of course others are affected but not all people are vulnerable.

The benefits of sexual purity isn't hard to understand but apparently it is easy to ignore.

Blood transfusions and drug use

These refugees are going to die if someone doesn't take them in. The general is giving the soldiers an incentive to provide for these girls for the rest of their lives so that they do not die in miserable poverty. If the United States engaged in conquering nations we would need a system similar to this in place too. Otherwise the welfare system would be too overloaded to function. Why did you bring this up? It isn't applicable to the United States. We don't engage in conquering nations. This brings up no valuable point for discussion.
The US did not get to the size it is today by God giving the USA all it's conquered territories, they were taken by death at the end of a sword or gun....

Why does this matter? Slavery is illegal. These scriptures do not apply to anybody in 2015. The Israelite tradition favors life over death. Their whole religion is based on that concept. It makes perfect sense for them to have a law discouraging the death of slaves. Even though they were considered property they still contained life which was paramount in the Israelite religion.

People act like the scriptures in the Bible pertaining to slavery are so morbid.

Slavery was a widely accepted institution even as recent as 1865. Whoop ti freaking do. Slavery was mentioned. Oh wow! The Bible says ass too. He he snicker snicker. I am a twelve year old boy.

Grow up. These scriptures have nothing to do with our modern culture.

Unlike 150 years ago, slavery is consider illegal and immoral today. The scripture that you are whining about has no bearing on anything going on today.

Try to shock us with something of substance. Most Christians know that slavery and donkeys were in the Bible.
Most Christians today have no clue what Christ was about.

The US did not get to the size it is today by God giving the USA all it's conquered territories, they were taken by death at the end of a sword or gun....

The English did that several hundred years beforehand. The only people that were killed were British soldiers. There were no excess women and children as part of the spoils. It really was a different situation. Israel was conquering densely populated areas. There were natives here in the Americas but there really was so few that they could assimilate or be slaughtered off.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back