Zone1 And so the bridge renaming battle begins.

Why does everything have to be renamed after a black, or renamed at all for that matter? They are busy renaming roads and schools after blacks, and let’s face it - they’re only about 13% of the population.

Let’s keep it as the Francis Scott Key Bridge. As the author of a wonderful National Anthem, and at the spot where he was inspired to write it, that name remains the most appropriate.

Is the Democrats’ hate for whites and our National Anthem really that extreme??

How about Frederick Douglas?
He was from Maryland too

Makes more sense than naming things after Civil War Confederate traitors

How about Frederick Douglas?
He was from Maryland too

Makes more sense than naming things after Civil War Confederate traitors
Again, a black man? Why does the bridge have to be named after a black? They’re renaming roads and schools all over Maryland as it is, with every name a black. Blacks are only 13% of the population. There are plenty of white heroes, too - more of course,

And nobody is renaming things after Confederates. Where did you come up with that?!

The most appropriate and meaningful name remains the Francis Scott Key bridge, honoring the spot in the harbor where he wrote the National Anthem.

Again, a black man? Why does the bridge have to be named after a black? They’re renaming roads and schools all over Maryland as it is, with every name a black. Blacks are only 13% of the population. There are plenty of white heroes, too - more of course,

And nobody is renaming things after Confederates. Where did you come up with that?!

The most appropriate and meaningful name remains the Francis Scott Key bridge, honoring the spot in the harbor where he wrote the National Anthem.
I really know what buttons to push with you

I really know what buttons to push with you
Just pointing out your anti-white racism. The Dems are REALLY going overboard with renaming everything after blacks, and blacks only.

The name better remain the Key Bridge. The over-the-top pandering to blacks is really getting ridiculous. I bet even reasonable blacks don’t like it. I for one would cringe if libs went around renaming roads and schools and bridges after Jews, and only Jews.

We should not, in 2020-whenever-the-bridge-is-rebuilt, be naming things in honor of former slaveholders.

Yep, Key had that colonial fever. He bought his first slave in 1800 or 1801. Even at that long-ago date, slavery had ceased being an unquestioned aspect of American life.

There were people who questioned its morality, abhorred its horrors. Key bought a few more Black people during his life and had seven or eight when he died in 1843.

As an attorney, Key represented some freedom-seeking slaves and slave owners who wanted their human property returned.

tenor.gif

I'm thinking The Freddy Grey Memorial Bridge.....At least you can pronounce it. ;)

Hey, maybe The King Syrup Bridge as the HQ is there and it would honor all the sugar that used to go through there.
Slaveowners Were Wardens

Harriet Tubman was a Marylander and was enslaved not too far from that bridge
Does the bridge HAVE to be named after a black? Maryland is already renaming roads and schools after blacks. What about naming it after a white person, or just leaving it the Key Bridge, which makes the most sense. It crosses over where Key was inspired to write the National Anthem.

Or do we hate the National Anthem now, too?

Forum List

Back