Imagine a US where we all lived by the Bible

Imagine a U.S. where we all lived by the Bible.

Imagine a combative non-believer not using the Bible for his own machinations but instead taking the time to truly understand.

Imagine a combative non-believer not ignoring divine revelations from God outside of the Bible, which may then give him or her pause.

Imagine a combative non-believer being honest about all the good Christianity has done and still does for this selfish, uncaring world instead of demanding all his little esoteric quizzical scenarios be answered before he will acknowledge so many obvious truths.

Imagine a combative non-believer not looking for cracks in the Christian armor to try to justify all his selfish ways or sinful ways, and instead be humble and repentant towards the ONE who gave him life.

---
Imagine a combative non-believer in science & philosophy/logic ... replacing the Bible with non-fiction material.
Maybe they can actually learn something.

That's all you got?

Science is to theology what a kid playing a video game is to a college education.

When one dies, God will not ask if you believed in climate change or not.

Plus don't fall for the fallacy that religion is the enemy of science. The Catholic Church was solely responsible for preserving all the great books of learning in the dark ages when Europe was being invaded and conquered. The Church also moved science along for many centuries far better than most of your secular powers in Europe.

Last edited:
(imagines a US where we all lived by the Bible)

70% fewer people is good. ;) If adultery is a death-penalty offense and includes just looking at women imagining being with them, 70% of you are screwed.

Imagine a U.S. where we all lived by the Bible.

Imagine a combative non-believer not using the Bible for his own machinations but instead taking the time to truly understand.

Imagine a combative non-believer not ignoring divine revelations from God outside of the Bible, which may then give him or her pause.

Imagine a combative non-believer being honest about all the good Christianity has done and still does for this selfish, uncaring world instead of demanding all his little esoteric quizzical scenarios be answered before he will acknowledge so many obvious truths.

Imagine a combative non-believer not looking for cracks in the Christian armor to try to justify all his selfish ways or sinful ways, and instead be humble and repentant towards the ONE who gave him life.

---
Imagine a combative non-believer in science & philosophy/logic ... replacing the Bible with non-fiction material.
Maybe they can actually learn something.

So let me ask you how you produce this thought with your reality simulator called brain. What exactly is your own "non-fictional material"? More concrete question: Do you think pain is a reality or an illusion? And what kind of answer could give now anyone the right to torture someone? ... By the way: Thank you Mr. McCain wherever you are. God may bless you and everyone who fought and fights with you against the completly crazy thought someone could have a right to torture other human beings.

Last edited:
If you all lived by the bible, there'd be no AIDS.

Chew on that.

Chew on that.

Steve Anderson of Faithful Word Baptist Church preached that exact message. The media acted like he was Hitler. I think you can still find it on YouTube. I thought the entire message made sense. I listened to the whole thing. Steve Anderson is the funniest preacher in the United States but he is hated by many.

Chew on that.

Steve Anderson of Faithful Word Baptist Church preached that exact message. The media acted like he was Hitler. I think you can still find it on YouTube. I thought the entire message made sense. I listened to the whole thing. Steve Anderson is the funniest preacher in the United States but he is hated by many.

People don't want to hear it, but abstaining from sex outside marriage would mean AIDS would never have happened in the States.

You only have to consider the AIDS numbers in Africa to see that's true.
The AIDS groups always refer to sub-Saharan Africa, because most countries north of that line are strict Muslim or Christian places where religious rules regarding sex are kept, so AIDS can't spread.
All countries where the 'book' religions' rules are still commonly accepted in their societies have very low rates of infection.

I expect an outcry from gay groups, anti religious people, and anyone who believes shagging around is good news, but the fact remains - If you stick to Christianity, the rules of the Torah or Islam, you have very little chance of infection.

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21

What - the - f$%k.

That is the kind of thing you hold an exodus from, who cares about the Egyptians.

Christians believe that is the word of God!? So god believes you can beat your slave with a rod, and as long as they live for a day and then die, your ok and still a Christian.

Yeah I'm thinking this is the type of thing Jeffrey Dahmer would come up with. .

Media Metallica

When I think about how violence and crime-glorification Hollywood (USA) films such as Oliver Stone's "Natural Born Killers" (1994) and David Fincher's "Fight Club" (1999) can potentially implant images of anarchism seduction in the minds of impressionable youth, it does seem to me that the proliferation of imagery in our modern access-convenience media network (i.e., Facebook) is conducive to overtly nihilistic dialogue.

Why not then consider what an American society would be under more austere religious (i.e., Christian or Amish) influences?

EWTN is not too mainstream, but USA-based Christian message boards on the World Wide Web have gained a great following and devoted contributors.

America is, after all, the world's hub for comic books and movies and hence for vigilantism fantasies and populism fervor.

What if the AntiChrist turned out to be a persuasive action-exuberance movie star such as Tom Cruise?

:afro:

The Omen (Film)

daredevil2.jpg

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21

What - the - f$%k.

That is the kind of thing you hold an exodus from, who cares about the Egyptians.

Christians believe that is the word of God!? So god believes you can beat your slave with a rod, and as long as they live for a day and then die, your ok and still a Christian.

Yeah I'm thinking this is the type of thing Jeffrey Dahmer would come up with. .

Why does this matter? Slavery is illegal. These scriptures do not apply to anybody in 2015. The Israelite tradition favors life over death. Their whole religion is based on that concept. It makes perfect sense for them to have a law discouraging the death of slaves. Even though they were considered property they still contained life which was paramount in the Israelite religion.

People act like the scriptures in the Bible pertaining to slavery are so morbid.

Slavery was a widely accepted institution even as recent as 1865. Whoop ti freaking do. Slavery was mentioned. Oh wow! The Bible says ass too. He he snicker snicker. I am a twelve year old boy.

Grow up. These scriptures have nothing to do with our modern culture.

Unlike 150 years ago, slavery is consider illegal and immoral today. The scripture that you are whining about has no bearing on anything going on today.

Try to shock us with something of substance. Most Christians know that slavery and donkeys were in the Bible.

Last edited:

What - the - f$%k.

In my words is written in Exodus 21:20-21: If someone kills his slave then he has to be punished (What's by the way astonishing, if I think about that this is a law what's maybe much older than 5000 years.) I think the idea behind this law is it that he did not punish his slave (what was his right to do) but he murdered a human being (What's no ones right to do). But if the slave died later who was punished, then they did not to see this any longer as a kind of murder but more as a kind of accident or saw another cause like for example an infection or something like this. In this case the free man was not punished because it seemed not to be his intention to kill his slave and he was already punished by losing his slave = his property = his money.

And the situation in Egypt was in general completly different. Egypt was this what I would call a "civilisation of death". This civilisation made out of everyone a slave. In the moment someone was born they started to take care ... ¿for? ... the grave.

My five pence.

Last edited:
Here is the entire article: (Source - Tempe pastor calls for killing gays to end AIDS )

A recent anti-homosexual Sunday sermon by Pastor Steven Anderson of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe has gotten tens of thousands of views on YouTube. In it, Anderson declares that no "queers" or "homos" are allowed in the church, and never will be as long as he's pastor.

He goes on to say killing gays is the way to an AIDS-free world by Christmas.

We showed the sermon to two local pastors who were familiar with Anderson, and they say what they saw was more hate than anything.

"I see a lot of drama," said Pastor Vernon Meyer with Sun Lakes United Church of Christ. "That's very offensive when he says 'homo'."

Anderson does more than use the disparaging term. In his sermon, he stated, "All homos are pedophiles. There, I said it, they're all pedophiles."

"He's a liar," Meyer said.

"I do not view him as a pastor," said Jeffrey Dirrim of Rebel & Divine United Church of Christ. "That's not what he's doing."

In the video, Anderson cites a Bible passage he says is the "cure" for AIDS:

"Here's what the Bible says, Leviticus 20:13, 'If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.' And that, my friend, is the cure for AIDS. It was right there in the Bible all along."

His message is that killing gays is a divinely sanctioned way to rid the world of AIDS.

"Because if you executed the homos, like God recommends, you wouldn't have all this AIDS running rampant," Anderson said on the video.

Meyer says Anderson is misinterpreting the Bible and compares Anderson to a terrorist leader.

"That's no different than what ISIS is doing in Iraq and Syria," Meyer said. "God tells them to go kill anybody who's different from them."

This isn't the first time Anderson has created controversy. Five years ago, when President Obama was in town, the Baptist pastor says a Bible passage about how King David prayed against his enemies (Psalms 109:9-10) tells him he should hate the president.

"It's very difficult to listen to," Dirrim said. "I cannot identify with him whatsoever as a minister."

As an openly gay pastor himself, Dirrim works with LGBT youths who have been suicidal, homeless and hungry, rejected simply because they're gay.

"Words are powerful, and I have no doubt those words are going to kill someone," he said of Anderson's sermon.

Dirrim's message to those Anderson is targeting: "Someone cares about them, and that they're loved and they shouldn't listen to this hateful rhetoric. This is not church."

We left a message for Anderson at his church but we're still waiting to hear back.

The last sentence of that article says this, "We left a message for Anderson at his church but we're still waiting to hear back."

They must have waiting 5 minutes. Steve Anderson loves air time. That last sentence was a lie or an extreme exaggeration.

The last sentence of that article says this, "We left a message for Anderson at his church but we're still waiting to hear back."

They must have waiting 5 minutes. Steve Anderson loves air time. That last sentence was a lie or an extreme exaggeration.

A situation like "He goes on to say killing gays is the way to an AIDS-free world by Christmas." is a problem for a psychiatric hospital. The problem "Aids and homosexuality" is by the way a problem of "Aids and anal sex" or "Aids and drugs". And anal sex or drugs is not only a problem of gay men but also of others. He has a lot to do if he likes to kill all men in the world until Christmas because he lives in fear on Aids. As I said yet: The best could be he restarts into a normal life in a psychiatric hospital under control of a professional team of doctors, therapists and care attendents.

Last edited:

A situation like "He goes on to say killing gays is the way to an AIDS-free world by Christmas." is a problem for a psychiatric hospital. The problem "Aids and homosexuality" is by the way a problem of "Aids and anal sex" or "Aids and drugs". And anal sex or drugs is not only a problem of gay men but also of others. He has a lot to do if he likes to kill all men in the world until Christmas because he lives in fear on Aids. As I said yet: The best could be he restarts into a normal life in a psychiatric hospital under control of a professional team of doctors, therapists and care attendents.

I am confused. I think he only advocated for the death of sodomites, adulterers and fornicators. That leaves all faithful married men alive and incapable of spreading AIDS.

AIDS cannot spread without sexual perversion. It is impossible.

These others that you describe are not two heterosexuals in committed relationships. Pastor Steven Anderson does not believe in gay men. According to scripture all gay men are actively bisexual. Of course others are affected but not all people are vulnerable.

The benefits of sexual purity isn't hard to understand but apparently it is easy to ignore.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back