Imagine a US where we all lived by the Bible

yes.. i am off the topic. But in reality this is relevant as we already are living in a biblical foundation in the US. For example, if gay marriage should be aloud or shouldn't? thanks to the bible we have huge debates over this. another example abortion.. and so on.

We can't live by the scriptures without knowing them. I doubt 5% of the population of this nation has read the bible cover to cover. Some of them even go to church.

We can't live by the scriptures without knowing them. I doubt 5% of the population of this nation has read the bible cover to cover. Some of them even go to church.

You are most likely correct in that assumption as i too believe society to nit pick bits and pieces of scriptures to use for personal use in life.

thanks to preachers and motivational speakers for example we dont need to read full text. Who reads warning lables on food boxes or the nutrition value? No one thats why obesity is sky rocketing. if people were more aware than they would make smarter choices in life. Maybe in your case if people read the full text of the bible we might be better off, who knows....its easier to skip out on the homework and copy it from someone else.

yes.. i am off the topic. But in reality this is relevant as we already are living in a biblical foundation in the US. For example, if gay marriage should be aloud or shouldn't? thanks to the bible we have huge debates over this. another example abortion.. and so on.

Uh. Bub, Without the values in the Bible combined with the independent streak of Northern Europeans, it is quite likely Western Civilization would have evolved beyond the primitive societies we see in underdeveloped countries. Hence, you wouldn't be able to discuss anything on the interwebs as it wouldn't exist.

Let us know when Christians start doing this, until then quit your damn harping, you all sound like a bunch of little girls

80-Year-Old Christian Woman Wouldn’t Convert to Islam. ISIS Responded by Doing the Unthinkable

When an eighty-year-old Christian woman refused to abandon her faith for Islam, ISIS did the unthinkable. [Graphic photo follows below.]

Instead of accepting her choice, the terrorists made an example out of her by doing something incredibly heinous.

ABNA reports:

In a village 20 km south east of Mosul in northern Iraq, the so-called Islamic State (IS) militants have burned an Iraqi Christian woman to death.

Sa’ed Mamuzini, representative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) office in Mosul, said on Tuesday that the militants burned the 80-year-old Iraqi Christian woman, who was from Kremlis in the Nimrud area of the Hamdaneya sub district, east of Mosul.

Mamuzini said that villagers told him that the woman was killed for failing to comply with the strict laws of the self-proclaimed Islamic State.

A gruesome photo of the execution is circulating on social media.

ISIS terrorists have burned an old (80 years) woman in Mosul. She was#christian and didn't want to convert #mosul pic.twitter.com/UoHv4T51Dj

— Dilbar (@DilbarKurd) June 26, 2015

80-Year-Old Christian Woman Wouldn t Convert to Islam. ISIS Responded by Doing the Unthinkable

But Christians were totally cool with burning 80 year old witches back in the day

Let us know when Christians start doing this, until then quit your damn harping, you all sound like a bunch of little girls

80-Year-Old Christian Woman Wouldn’t Convert to Islam. ISIS Responded by Doing the Unthinkable

When an eighty-year-old Christian woman refused to abandon her faith for Islam, ISIS did the unthinkable. [Graphic photo follows below.]

Instead of accepting her choice, the terrorists made an example out of her by doing something incredibly heinous.

ABNA reports:

In a village 20 km south east of Mosul in northern Iraq, the so-called Islamic State (IS) militants have burned an Iraqi Christian woman to death.

Sa’ed Mamuzini, representative of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) office in Mosul, said on Tuesday that the militants burned the 80-year-old Iraqi Christian woman, who was from Kremlis in the Nimrud area of the Hamdaneya sub district, east of Mosul.

Mamuzini said that villagers told him that the woman was killed for failing to comply with the strict laws of the self-proclaimed Islamic State.

A gruesome photo of the execution is circulating on social media.

ISIS terrorists have burned an old (80 years) woman in Mosul. She was#christian and didn't want to convert #mosul pic.twitter.com/UoHv4T51Dj

— Dilbar (@DilbarKurd) June 26, 2015

80-Year-Old Christian Woman Wouldn t Convert to Islam. ISIS Responded by Doing the Unthinkable

But Christians were totally cool with burning 80 year old witches back in the day

Lame, Christians evolved, your heroes the goat fuggers haven't

Uh. Bub, Without the values in the Bible combined with the independent streak of Northern Europeans, it is quite likely Western Civilization would have evolved beyond the primitive societies we see in underdeveloped countries. Hence, you wouldn't be able to discuss anything on the interwebs as it wouldn't exist.

I understand your point. You give credit to the bible for western advancement. yet, if that is so why do we keep underdeveloped countries stuck in their tracks? in fact we are forcing them to stay where they are, underdeveloped and poorer than ever before. did you know we created economist that would go in to these third world counties inorder undermine their country? is this the biblical you are so proud of? if it is i dont want any part of a religion that glorifies the death of others for ones benefit. i am not bible savvy but isnt so greed and manipulation for ones benefit goes against biblical beliefs?

I simply see religion as a tool to control the masses... thats all i am trying to say. so yes, thanks to religion it helped to control the people. helped to create war,hate, and death.

[/QUOTE]

Lame, Christians evolved, your heroes the goat fuggers haven't[/QUOTE]

If Christians evolved, they would be interested in modern science and philosophy/epistemology ... and understand how historical info is created & myths are passed on.[/QUOTE]

Your use of evolve is quite different than mine, it also has zero to do with my comment

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Would you be allowed to ;pick and choose?

I thought this was the law in ancient Israel. Am I wrong?

Lame, Christians evolved, your heroes the goat fuggers haven't[/QUOTE]

If Christians evolved, they would be interested in modern science and philosophy/epistemology ... and understand how historical info is created & myths are passed on.[/QUOTE]

Your use of evolve is quite different than mine, it also has zero to do with my comment[/QUOTE]

How is your "evolve" different from mine?

Lame, Christians evolved, your heroes the goat fuggers haven't

Your use of evolve is quite different than mine, it also has zero to do with my comment[/QUOTE]

How is your "evolve" different from mine?[/QUOTE]
For right wing Republicans evolve means stop believing in science.

Blah, blah, blah. Nobody is forced to live as a Christian.
not yet

Stop being fucking stupid....oh wait, you can't
You mean you don't think GOP right wingers wouldn't force everyone to be a Christian if they could get away with it? Considering what they say, why don't you believe them?

I repeat, stop being stupid. I'll let you in on something....you have comedy value, that's it

I understand your point. You give credit to the bible for western advancement. yet, if that is so why do we keep underdeveloped countries stuck in their tracks? in fact we are forcing them to stay where they are, underdeveloped and poorer than ever before. did you know we created economist that would go in to these third world counties inorder undermine their country? is this the biblical you are so proud of? if it is i dont want any part of a religion that glorifies the death of others for ones benefit. i am not bible savvy but isnt so greed and manipulation for ones benefit goes against biblical beliefs?

Ask the Environ-nazis and Big Government types why we try to prevent underdeveloped countries from developing.

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. ...

50 pieces of silver? ... How much is it? ... But for sure he had to take care his whole life for this woman in his household. So in case she was 15 and she died with 65 years then this could be in 50 years about $500,000-600,000. What happens today - some thousand years later? Is this really better?

By the way: Christians never used such laws. Christians used the roman laws or in the middle ages laws like for example the lex baiuvariorum (6th-8th century). The worth of a person in this book had to do with the social position. But if a man hurted a woman he had to pay twice as much.

Last edited:
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)

They must be dividing the spoils they took: there must be a damsel or two for each man, Spoils of dyed cloth as Sisera's spoil, an ornate shawl or two for me in the spoil. (Judges 5:30 NAB)

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

"When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property." Exodus 21:20-21 NAB

Don’t associate with non-Christians. Don’t receive them into your house or even exchange greeting with them. 2 John 1:10

Would you be allowed to ;pick and choose?

Fact that even Israel doesn't incorporate religious law is telling. It isn't practical.

imagine if we lived in a world without religion

Terrifying imagination.

PS: Don't forget please that atheism is also a belief only. In a world without belief human beings would not exist at all.

Forum List

Back