Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I would go ballistic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would tell all my friends and family proudly

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
First they would get choice, either get over that sickness or get out of my house, as you can tell I’m not into being PC, being gay is a mental illness, the Bible says so, the Muslims say so, most people feel the same way just scared to say so.
Fags are a small percentage of population, why do we need to make them think that what they are doing is okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! The Bible and Muslims say being gay is a mental illness, not so. Both the Bible and the Koran consider it a sin.
FYI, mental illness is a wide range of mental health conditions that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Examples of mental illness include depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorders and addictive behaviors. It certainly does not include homosexuality. The American Psychiatric Association does not considered homosexuality to be a mental disorder and has not since 1973.

The number of adult gays in the US are estimated to be 3.8% to 10% of the population which is 9 to 24 million adults. That's a lot a people.

I believe those numbers like I believe political polls.

I would address it as any parent would when dealing with a child struggling with a mental illness.

`
`

I detest my over-the-top, strict baptist matriarchal and patriarchal units. They actually thought that at 12 years old, I was a succubus, insofar I could lead a good married baptist minister, down the road of perdition. Good thing they disowned me. I became emancipated at 13.
I love succubuses !!

Most busses suck!

In every gay male I have known, the early onset of puberty and the father being either distant or overbearing was the case. These gay men hated their fathers and had a strong attachment to their mothers, so they developed effeminate behaviors despite their having very strong masculine features, such as a full beard in high school.

Lordy Jeebus .. what BULLSHIT ^ ^ ^ :confused:

So you are saying my direct observations are bullshit? That says more about you than me. Dumb ass!

Being gay is often overlooked as a mental problem because they aren't hurting anyone.

I was thinking more serial killer than gay.

Gays normally have domineering mom's and absent fathers
Then why don't all the boys in the family turn out to be gay?
Maybe they are secretly...lol.... seriously, I think our sexual preference is impeinted in us not by genetics, but by early childhood experiences
I think it can be a combination of both
I suppose, there is Homosexuality in other animals, but that can be from early childhood pleasures also, or like chimps, just like getting off. No hangups or just no conscience
List of mammals displaying homosexual behavior - Wikipedia

... mostly female homosexuality apparently.
That's cause guys like it

Would it bother you?
Would you prefer it?

How would you feel, and why?

I would be concerned because society can be cruel to those that are different.

Other than that- I would just wish them the same thing I do wish for my child- happiness, success, love, joy.

We often have double standards for our kids, like, do you really think you would like your 3 yo girl to smoke pot when she grows up?

We often have double standards for our kids, like, do you really think you would like your 3 yo girl to smoke pot when she grows up?

Once they hit 18, they can make their own mistakes. If you've done your job, they will learn from them.

Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

Be good parents- set a good example- give them love and support- teach them to be good people. I am so proud of my daughter right now- because she is a good person- she treats people with respect- she is not a bully- she is kind and sweet and smart. She will make mistakes- but she is a good person and that is a great start.

I would address it as any parent would when dealing with a child struggling with a mental illness.
But it is not a mental illness. Most LBGT kids today are accepted by their friends, and have the same problem as other kids. Their biggest problem is often their parents that can't accept their kids sexual orientation.

One of my kids is gay. We suspected it for years. When he was a senior in high school he came out and told us. We were a bit shocked but we certainly were not going to reject him. Today he's a successful veterinarian, owns his practice and lives happily with a boy he has known since grade school. Thank God, we did not react as some in this thread suggest. If you love your kids, you have to accept them for what they are, not what you think they should be.

Forum List

Back