Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I would go ballistic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would tell all my friends and family proudly

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
What the hell was the big deal anyway? I found out what gay was in 1980. I was a little urchin who had lived in the Montrose here in Houston. Heard “gay” a bunch, but never got it until a gay parade rolled by. They were tossing heads and these little coins that had something about being gay and in Houston on one side and two dudes kissing on the other. I thought that was gross, still do, but I could never get pissed about it.

I don't care to see guys kissing in public either - Simple solution: Don't look!

I grew up in a small town and while there may have been gay people, they didn't talk about it or feel a need to be recognized for it.

How are gays wanting to be "recognized" for their sexual preference? It's a tiny minority who march in these parades and make a spectacle of it.

The rest just want to be respected, be afforded equal (not "special") rights and left alone.

I grew up in a small town and while there may have been gay people, they didn't talk about it or feel a need to be recognized for it.

Wait a minute, are you telling me they was normal?

I'm saying that the minute a leftist grasps onto something, they turn it into a lightning rod of controversy. I don't feel really any way towards gay people. I will judge them as people if and when I meet them, and by their personalities and how they treat me as a fellow person. Would I want anything to do with a person in a gay pride parade, making a spectacle of themselves with sexual innuendos? Absolutely not. On the other hand, I don't see why straight people care so much about gay people who are just living their lives and not bothering anyone who maybe want their union to be legally recognized so they can have the same benefits as any other heterosexual couple. The whole thing almost seems as if it is designed to divide us and some play right into the game. Pawns. We are pawns.

I'm saying that the minute a leftist grasps onto something, they turn it into a lightning rod of controversy. I don't feel really any way towards gay people. I will judge them as people if and when I meet them, and by their personalities and how they treat me as a fellow person. Would I want anything to do with a person in a gay pride parade, making a spectacle of themselves with sexual innuendos? Absolutely not. On the other hand, I don't see why straight people care so much about gay people who are just living their lives and not bothering anyone who maybe want their union to be legally recognized so they can have the same benefits as any other heterosexual couple. The whole thing almost seems as if it is designed to divide us and some play right into the game. Pawns. We are pawns.

Pretty much.

How are gays wanting to be "recognized" for their sexual preference? It's a tiny minority who march in these parades and make a spectacle of it.

The rest just want to be respected, be afforded equal (not "special") rights and left alone.

I agree, but there are certain groups who like to be instigators and rabble rousers. If you want people to accept you/your movement/whatever, then you have to know how to go about getting support which I'm sure many, many people know. That leads me to believe that it is for instigation purposes, to rile people up, to divide.

Never, ever will you change a person's mind by calling him or her names or being insulting towards them, or disrespecting them. That will never change any hearts or minds, speaking of those who have an open mind to begin with, of course.

BTW, I just have to point out that it's "if your son or daughter WAS gay." WAS, not were. Were is if you were using the plural form of the noun. If your CHILDREN WERE gay. When using the conjunction "or" in this instance, it is the singular form! IF it was son AND daughter, then it would were. If it was sons or daughters, then it would be were. And that concludes the basic 4th grade grammar lesson of the day. :D

Last edited:
The whole thing almost seems as if it is designed to divide us and some play right into the game. Pawns. We are pawns.

Most people are pawns ... Because only when the government is involved does it require someone else to agree with you and your desires.

The whole thing almost seems as if it is designed to divide us and some play right into the game. Pawns. We are pawns.

Most people are pawns ... Because only when the government is involved does it require someone else to agree with you and your desires.

Or those who want the government to be involved, special interest groups, social justice groups.

We often have double standards for our kids, like, do you really think you would like your 3 yo girl to smoke pot when she grows up?

Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

Be good parents- set a good example- give them love and support- teach them to be good people. I am so proud of my daughter right now- because she is a good person- she treats people with respect- she is not a bully- she is kind and sweet and smart. She will make mistakes- but she is a good person and that is a great start.

"Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

I certainly hope she does all of those things at least once.

I think most people would hope their daughter would grow up to have one husband and a clean life.

If given a preference, I think most would like it if she married once, never drank or smoked, etc. Women don't need that kind of stuff to feel like they are living anyway. That's a guy thing.

I want my daughter to be healthy and happy- and to be a good person- responsible- kind.

My only objection to motorcycle's is safety- I love them myself but I don't ride them now because of the safety. Funny thing is- i told her now scooters- if she is going to be on two wheels a motorcycle is safer.

Anyway- I don't expect my little angel to be more of an angel than her dad was- I just want her to be safe and smart.

Would it bother you?
Would you prefer it?

How would you feel, and why?
If science could come up with a way to identify gays from a medical test while still a fetus, Republicans would approve abortion.

Nah, but if that were true and people started aborting gays, Liberals would oppose it

As a liberal- I will always support a woman's control of her own body.

Would it bother you?
Would you prefer it?

If science could come up with a way to identify gays from a medical test while still a fetus, Republicans would approve abortion.

Nah, but if that were true and people started aborting gays, Liberals would oppose it

Not me. Not when a defenseless human life is in there.

Would it bother you?
Would you prefer it?

Not me. Not when a defenseless human life is in there.

And I support your right to make that choice for yourself.

We often have double standards for our kids, like, do you really think you would like your 3 yo girl to smoke pot when she grows up?

Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

Be good parents- set a good example- give them love and support- teach them to be good people. I am so proud of my daughter right now- because she is a good person- she treats people with respect- she is not a bully- she is kind and sweet and smart. She will make mistakes- but she is a good person and that is a great start.

"Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

I certainly hope she does all of those things at least once.

I think most people would hope their daughter would grow up to have one husband and a clean life.

If given a preference, I think most would like it if she married once, never drank or smoked, etc. Women don't need that kind of stuff to feel like they are living anyway. That's a guy thing.

Thank you for relating your personal preferences and preconceptions. I will hold them dear.

But it is not a mental illness. Most LBGT kids today are accepted by their friends, and have the same problem as other kids. Their biggest problem is often their parents that can't accept their kids sexual orientation.

One of my kids is gay. We suspected it for years. When he was a senior in high school he came out and told us. We were a bit shocked but we certainly were not going to reject him. Today he's a successful veterinarian, owns his practice and lives happily with a boy he has known since grade school. Thank God, we did not react as some in this thread suggest. If you love your kids, you have to accept them for what they are, not what you think they should be.

Cool share - Thanks! I'm happy for your son's sake that he had good parents.

An interesting additional note and this is not merely personal observation. Gay relationships and marriages tend to be more stable last longer than straight ones.

Divorce & Marriage Rates for Same-Sex Couples | HuffPost

Are Gay Marriages Healthier Than Straight Marriages?
I agree. My son has been with the same guy since high school and I think they will be a couple throughout their lives. Many people seem to think gay relations are just about sex but that is not true. In fact, I think most gay couple's relationships are as much about love and companionship as straight couples.

It's both. You can have love and companionship with either sex, but the sexual attraction is the differentiator

Like so many of our attitudes, it all begins in early childhood. Parents by word or deed teach their children to be warily of those that are different from the norm in order to protect them. Most parents go a step further teaching their children to discriminate between differences that are potentially harmful and those that aren't. Unfortunately, a lot of parents do a very poor job of this and those children grow up fearing and distrusting those that seem to differ from the norm. Thus the only black kid in the class, or the girl that stutters, or the boy that seems girlish become a target for exclusion and scorn. This is the beginnings of racism, homophobia, and other forms of discrimination that favor groupism and destroys individuality.

Would it bother you?
Would you prefer it?

At a very young age, I told my kids about the birds and the bees and what the left was going to do, to try to get them to go against theirr nature. All my kids today have thanked me for being a "parent" and not allow the kids to be indoctrinated by the left...

So all the parents got to do is tell their kids not listen to the left because it will make you gay? Very funny.

So all the American right wing parents got to do now is listen to Trump so they become a LIAR, RACIST, BIGOT, CON MAN, HYPOCRITE, LOUSY HUMAN BEING. Am I right?

Do you honestly believed teaching your kids the right way will change anything if they are born with opposite hormones? NO.
You can skin them alive from birth to adulthood they are still gay or lesbian..... That’s a fact.

Forum List

Back