Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I would go ballistic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would tell all my friends and family proudly

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters
In every gay male I have known, the early onset of puberty and the father being either distant or overbearing was the case. These gay men hated their fathers and had a strong attachment to their mothers, so they developed effeminate behaviors despite their having very strong masculine features, such as a full beard in high school.

Lordy Jeebus .. what BULLSHIT ^ ^ ^ :confused:

So you are saying my direct observations are bullshit? That says more about you than me. Dumb ass!

"So you are saying my direct observations are bullshit?"

I believe he is, and I will second that. Your "observation" was a lie you just made up.

We often have double standards for our kids, like, do you really think you would like your 3 yo girl to smoke pot when she grows up?

Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

Be good parents- set a good example- give them love and support- teach them to be good people. I am so proud of my daughter right now- because she is a good person- she treats people with respect- she is not a bully- she is kind and sweet and smart. She will make mistakes- but she is a good person and that is a great start.

"Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

I certainly hope she does all of those things at least once.

Would it bother you?
Would you prefer it?

How would you feel, and why?
If science could come up with a way to identify gays from a medical test while still a fetus, Republicans would approve abortion.

Would it bother you?
Would you prefer it?

How would you feel, and why?
If science could come up with a way to identify gays from a medical test while still a fetus, Republicans would approve abortion.

Nah, but if that were true and people started aborting gays, Liberals would oppose it

We often have double standards for our kids, like, do you really think you would like your 3 yo girl to smoke pot when she grows up?

Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

Be good parents- set a good example- give them love and support- teach them to be good people. I am so proud of my daughter right now- because she is a good person- she treats people with respect- she is not a bully- she is kind and sweet and smart. She will make mistakes- but she is a good person and that is a great start.

"Do you want your 3 year old girl to drink whisky when she grows up? Ride a motorcyle? Have sex?

I certainly hope she does all of those things at least once.

I think most people would hope their daughter would grow up to have one husband and a clean life.

If given a preference, I think most would like it if she married once, never drank or smoked, etc. Women don't need that kind of stuff to feel like they are living anyway. That's a guy thing.

Once they hit 18, they can make their own mistakes. If you've done your job, they will learn from them.

True, but when we do things like that, we don't view them as mistakes.
We usually want what is best for our children, but, think we know what is best for ourselves, and often, they are different things.....

In every gay male I have known, the early onset of puberty and the father being either distant or overbearing was the case. These gay men hated their fathers and had a strong attachment to their mothers, so they developed effeminate behaviors despite their having very strong masculine features, such as a full beard in high school.

So you are saying my direct observations are bullshit? That says more about you than me. Dumb ass!

I believe he is, and I will second that. Your "observation" was a lie you just made up.

A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest

He's probably right. Your relationships with people when you are young and impressionable probably does play a role sometimes.

A parent's love for their children can be unconditional and still accept that the child engages in perversion. Jeffrey Dahmer's mother loved him.

Now comparing a gay or lesbian to Jeffrey Dahmer?

I was correct in my earlier assessment - you just spiked the Dopey-meter.
Yes. Aside from the fact that Dahmer was gay, he was a pervert on more than one level. His mother's love was unconditional no matter what he did.

Yes, Dennis Rader and Ted Bundy were heterosexuals who's fathers' love was perhaps unconditional -

Guess that makes them perverts on more than one level too amiright?

Please THINK :rolleyes:

I met my first "gay" friend over 35 years ago. My college roommate came out of the closet. I had suspected several acquaintances in high school of being gay, but I did not know them well. Since then I have known numerous gays and lesbians. After I became a teacher, I could see the process in action. So far, exactly none have fallen outside of the parameters I mentioned. I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist or mental health professional in any way, but I see what I see. Your mileage may differ.

To add a little personal spin on this, I had a student that exhibited all the signs of being a closeted lesbian. She had a horrible relationship with her alcoholic father and was abandoned by her mother. She lived with a grandmother who merely tolerated her existence. I actually watched her spiral downward into relationships with other girls and she was never happy. Then she met a young man who took an interest in her and all of that changed. As her teacher and then afterwards, I became her father figure at school. That girl is now my daughter-in-law and the mother of my granddaughter. She has also been a surrogate mother for 4 other children. I could not be more proud of her if she were my own flesh and blood.

But it is not a mental illness. Most LBGT kids today are accepted by their friends, and have the same problem as other kids. Their biggest problem is often their parents that can't accept their kids sexual orientation.

One of my kids is gay. We suspected it for years. When he was a senior in high school he came out and told us. We were a bit shocked but we certainly were not going to reject him. Today he's a successful veterinarian, owns his practice and lives happily with a boy he has known since grade school. Thank God, we did not react as some in this thread suggest. If you love your kids, you have to accept them for what they are, not what you think they should be.

Cool share - Thanks! I'm happy for your son's sake that he had good parents.

An interesting additional note and this is not merely personal observation. Gay relationships and marriages tend to be more stable last longer than straight ones.

Divorce & Marriage Rates for Same-Sex Couples | HuffPost

Are Gay Marriages Healthier Than Straight Marriages?

I met my first "gay" friend over 35 years ago. My college roommate came out of the closet. I had suspected several acquaintances in high school of being gay, but I did not know them well. Since then I have known numerous gays and lesbians. After I became a teacher, I could see the process in action. So far, exactly none have fallen outside of the parameters I mentioned. I am not a psychiatrist, psychologist or mental health professional in any way, but I see what I see. Your mileage may differ.

To add a little personal spin on this, I had a student that exhibited all the signs of being a closeted lesbian. She had a horrible relationship with her alcoholic father and was abandoned by her mother. She lived with a grandmother who merely tolerated her existence. I actually watched her spiral downward into relationships with other girls and she was never happy. Then she met a young man who took an interest in her and all of that changed. As her teacher and then afterwards, I became her father figure at school. That girl is now my daughter-in-law and the mother of my granddaughter. She has also been a surrogate mother for 4 other children. I could not be more proud of her if she were my own flesh and blood.

I disagree with your conclusions but you are a smart guy. Appreciate your stories.

Additionally, you've had more interaction with gays and lesbians than i'd have suspected.

What the hell was the big deal anyway? I found out what gay was in 1980. I was a little urchin who had lived in the Montrose here in Houston. Heard “gay” a bunch, but never got it until a gay parade rolled by. They were tossing heads and these little coins that had something about being gay and in Houston on one side and two dudes kissing on the other. I thought that was gross, still do, but I could never get pissed about it.

My point wasn't to discuss whether we should judge others but how we would feel personally if it were our kids....

Sometimes it could be different

Forum List

Back