Animal friendships

I have a buzzard that hangs out with my cats. It was weird at first but now I am like whatever. They are really all hanging out around the water dish when its hot, but I might as well pretend they are homies.

I have a buzzard that hangs out with my cats. It was weird at first but now I am like whatever. They are really all hanging out around the water dish when its hot, but I might as well pretend they are homies.

That is weird. Heck, I would be scared if I saw a buzzard around a pet, but sounds like they've decided they're ok with each other, lol. If you can, try to get a pic or little video clip.

That is weird. Heck, I would be scared if I saw a buzzard around a pet, but sounds like they've decided they're ok with each other, lol. If you can, try to get a pic or little video clip.

I'll try. The buzzards get a little spooked when I try to photo them as me walking toward them is seen as a threat I guess. I call them buzzards but they are really black vultures. The turkey buzzards sometimes show up but they don't socialize or stay long. I am pretty close to an interstate connector with lots of woods and such so the big birds hang out waiting for food to be roadkilled. They started roosting about 5 years ago when we had something kill two large elm trees. They started sitting up in them. After I cut them down, the damn birds just kept coming back. They are worse in winter than summer though. I have had as many as 50, but only a couple are here everyday all year. They are mostly here in the mornings when it is cold as they sun themselves on my roofs and open field to warm up. When it is scorching like it has been, they like to partake of the water we put out for the cats.

My cats are rather used to critters. Besides the vultures, there are 3 foxes running around the street every night, raccoons are not unusual, possums are always scurrying around at night, and we have anywhere between 1 and a dozen deer at a time walking around the yard in the later afternoon and at night. We are woods adjacent, have a field, and have a small pond. I just think it is funny the vultures stand around the cats' water bowl.

This isn't an inter-species friendship but I'll post it here anyway.

I truly love Helen, this gentle sweet blind cow. :) This is Helen meeting her first friend, in Uncle Neil's Home farm animal sanctuary.

(be sure to turn the sound on)

That was adorable! And it reminded me of the time I walked into my apartment in Mazatlan, and saw a big ol random Iguana walking around my living room like he owned the place. :lol:

I didn't know that, how cute and cuddly are those capybaras. :tongue: Thanks for teaching me a new thing today.

This thread wouldn't be complete without a compilation video, so.....

That was adorable! And it reminded me of the time I walked into my apartment in Mazatlan, and saw a big ol random Iguana walking around my living room like he owned the place. :lol:

I didn't know that, how cute and cuddly are those capybaras. :tongue: Thanks for teaching me a new thing today.

This thread wouldn't be complete without a compilation video, so.....

Buttercup. I didn't even know what they were until a few months ago. :)

I thought the pig was a stuffed toy

The dog is really interested in the movie

Ha. Their pig does look like a stuffed toy, too cute! But sadly that piggy (Pumba) passed away... that reel was from a year ago.

I like this page, it's an Italian couple who have a bunch of animals, including another piggy, named Maky.

Last edited:
Ha. Their pig does look like a stuffed toy, too cute! But sadly that piggy (Pumba) passed away... that reel was from a year ago.

I like this page, it's an it's an Italian couple who have a bunch of animals, including another piggy, named Maky.

He looks happy

Forum List

Back