If Trump is elected we are so screwed.

Yeah, like pushing banks to make sub-prime loans in the 90s, which caused a massive bubble that blew up in 2008?

Except that isn't what happened, nor did they cause the Recession.

Okay, guy, the problem was not 'sub-prime' loans. the problem was that banks sold those loans as investments, and misstated their value.

And why did they sell the loans? Because government sued them, and incentived them to do so.

And why did they over state their value? Because government gave them a AAA rating.

Yes, they did cause sub-prime loans, caused a bubble in demand, and thus caused the crash.

Sorry... it's the facts. Accept it, or accept being ignorant. But those are your only options.

Trump says he will make foreign countries respect America more.

But how can he do that when nobody respects HIM.

Marco Rubio has deep knowledge of what's going on in the Middle East.

Trump promises that by the time he takes office, he will study up and be ready when he starts.

What's stopping him from studying NOW?

Trump's solution to the immigration crisis is to insult millions of Hispanics and turn them off the Republican Party.

Trump is a big loudmouth who thinks he's a big success story, but he has had to file for bankrupty four times.

Trump is a complete disaster waiting to happen.

Trump's insults of women show he doesn't even know how to act like a civilized person.

I don't believe these polls. I think Trump supporters text in their votes multiple times to make it look like he's way ahead. Trump is freaking out on the campaign trail because he is looking at internal polls that aren't looking so good for him.

But not to worry, if Trump becomes the nominee Hillary Clinton will win. There is no doubt about that. I am a life long conservative and there is no way in hell I am going to participate in putting this idiot in the oval office. I would vote for the more conservative in this race, which would be Hillary Clinton over Trump. I imagine there are millions more like me that would do the same.

Trump promises that by the time he takes office, he will study up and be ready when he starts.

Trump's solution to the immigration crisis is to insult millions of Hispanics and turn them off the Republican Party.

Trump is a big loudmouth who thinks he's a big success story, but he has had to file for bankrupty four times.

Trump's insults of women show he doesn't even know how to act like a civilized person.

I don't believe these polls. I think Trump supporters text in their votes multiple times to make it look like he's way ahead. Trump is freaking out on the campaign trail because he is looking at internal polls that aren't looking so good for him.

But not to worry, if Trump becomes the nominee Hillary Clinton will win. There is no doubt about that. I am a life long conservative and there is no way in hell I am going to participate in putting this idiot in the oval office. I would vote for the more conservative in this race, which would be Hillary Clinton over Trump. I imagine there are millions more like me that would do the same.

You're about as "conservative" as Pol Pot.

Who do you think you're fooling?

Most left-wingers on this forum are loudmouths that think they succeed at debating.

After all the millions on millions of insults directed at Sarah Palin, by people who didn't know her... Hypocrite much?

Most politicians are a disaster waiting to happen. I'm convinced Hillary would be a bigger disaster by magnitude.

Foreign respect for the US? Under Obama?

z_protest_phillipines000.jpg

African respect?

India_US_Diplomat_Arrest-0fdd8.jpg

India respect?

Obama-protest_1379742i.jpg

Turkey respect?

And you are worried about Trump losing foreign respect? Little late to worry about something already lost.

I personally think we're in trouble, regardless of who wins. Obama has set the country on a course to bankruptcy, and anyone who wins the election, is going to have major problems.
I live overseas and work with people from India and Africa. I lived in Turkey for 2 years. You are looking at isolated incidents, not at the overall picture. GW Bush was loathed in all of those places. If there are some people not happy with Obama, it is nothing like their hatred of Bush. I travel and deal with people around the world all the time and have not at all been given the impression that Obama has worsened our reputation around the world: quite the opposite.

maybe he was hated because he stood up to the radical muslims.

I just can't get the thought of this guy giving a State of the Union speech out of my head. Good gawd.

He has caused a large swath of the GOP to abandon (what I thought were) their tightly-held principles and back a guy who has said some pretty non-conservative stuff because he's so entertaining (or whatever the attraction is). And if a Democrat candidate had switched positions as many times as Trump has, these same people would be screaming "flip-flopper".

Inexplicable.

Trump won't be president.

Whistling past the graveyard.

Do you actually think the voters are going to endorse that cesspool of corruption, Hillary Clinton?

I think Jeb Bush could beat Hillary.

Jeb Bush couldn't beat a cockroach. The problem with libs is that they believe Americans actually like this shit they dish out.

In spite of voters bitch slapping Dem's hard, twice and booting them out of congress. Lets review...

2010 - Dem's got spanked hard losing the House in an historic loss. Mind you only 2 years after sweeping the 2008 elections, I mean that's how quick they pissed off voters with their liberal crap. Obama briefly acknowledged the historic ass whooping on TV telling voters okay I hear you but the Dem's went right back to their playbook within weeks.

2012 - Obama lied is freaking ass off about Obamacare, you'll save $2,500, you can keep your doctor and your plan, some of the more caustic pieces of Obamacare were pushed off until after 2016. Yes he won against a weak Republican candidate but even with Obama on the ballot lying his ass off Dem's were only able to scrape back 6 of the 56 seats they lost in the House in 2010.

2014 - With Obama's lies about Obamacare now evident, after millions lost their healthcare plan and/or doctor, after people discovered having Obamacare is like not having insurance at all due to the ridiculously high premiums and deductibles, voters put another historic beating on the Dem's strengthening Republicans majority in the House and handing the Senate to the Republicans also.

Dems, well they are still in denial.

How would you know? Trump has never been in office.

I can tell that you've never interviewed anyone for a job before.

Sure I have, and I almost always pick good employees.

I call bullshit. If you have to wait until after someone is doing the job before you can assess their competency, then there is no way that your above post can have any semblance of truth.

Democrats screamed that Reagan would start WW III and destroy the economy. That didn't happen. They claimed Obama would bring in the golden age. That didn't happen. One thing you can count on is that liberal judgement about politicians is invariably wrong.

SAY WHAT?

A thing is not the problem, its sold as fancy goods is the problem? You're so desperate to paint Bush is the problem you toss logic out the window and indorse gibberish.

Uh, no. The thing was not the problem. The CRA had been in effect since the 1970's. It was not the problem. The banks were responsible and managed those loans as exactly that, loans.

It's when the banks started selling them as investmetns and then misrepresenting their value you had trillions of dollars disappear into the ether, and that was because Bush wasn't watching the store with regulating the banks.

The 2008 crash happened because you guys got everything you ever wanted. Own it.

And why did they sell the loans? Because government sued them, and incentived them to do so.

And why did they over state their value? Because government gave them a AAA rating.

Yes, they did cause sub-prime loans, caused a bubble in demand, and thus caused the crash.

Sorry... it's the facts. Accept it, or accept being ignorant. But those are your only options.

Guy, the government doesn't give AAA ratings. Those are private entities like Moody's and Standard and Poors.

The crisis was not caused by the CRA, which only hold that banks can't refuse to make loans in certain neighborhoods if other criteria are met. That's all the CRA does.

The crisis wasn't poor people buying homes. It was middle class people borrowing too much to buy really big houses hoping to flip them in a couple years.

I just can't get the thought of this guy giving a State of the Union speech out of my head. Good gawd.

He has caused a large swath of the GOP to abandon (what I thought were) their tightly-held principles and back a guy who has said some pretty non-conservative stuff because he's so entertaining (or whatever the attraction is). And if a Democrat candidate had switched positions as many times as Trump has, these same people would be screaming "flip-flopper".

Inexplicable.

At this point, if he will close the border (don't care how), I will vote for him and I am far from the only one. Don't care about anything else at this point. Yes, it really is that simple.

Guy, the government doesn't give AAA ratings. Those are private entities like Moody's and Standard and Poors.

The crisis was not caused by the CRA, which only hold that banks can't refuse to make loans in certain neighborhoods if other criteria are met. That's all the CRA does.

The crisis wasn't poor people buying homes. It was middle class people borrowing too much to buy really big houses hoping to flip them in a couple years.

I've posted this evidence numerous times. The press release anouncing the deal between First Union (Wacovia), and Bear Stearns, and Freddie Mac, clearly says it was the first ever guaranteed CRA loans. It also says the deal gives the Securities an implied AAA rating.

As far as my research into this has found, 1997 was the very first year sub-prime loans were ever securitized, and first time they were given a AAA rating.

Now you can say that the rating agencies should not have gone along with this. I agree. But you can't deny that this is what the government pushed for, given they said they had a AAA rating before a single security had been created, or sent to a rating agency.

You can also claim that the CRA had nothing to do with it.

But here are the facts: The housing price bubble started in 1997. The first sub-prime MBS was created in 1997. I can find no record of them before 1997. The boom in sub-prime mortgage backed securities, and rapid increase in originations, started in 1997. Before then, it was flat. And all of that happens on the exact year that this press release comes out proudly proclaiming this deal with Freddie Mac to be the first securitization of CRA loans.

That's pretty clear evidence in my book.

SAY WHAT?

A thing is not the problem, its sold as fancy goods is the problem? You're so desperate to paint Bush is the problem you toss logic out the window and indorse gibberish.

Uh, no. The thing was not the problem. The CRA had been in effect since the 1970's. It was not the problem. The banks were responsible and managed those loans as exactly that, loans.

It's when the banks started selling them as investmetns and then misrepresenting their value you had trillions of dollars disappear into the ether, and that was because Bush wasn't watching the store with regulating the banks.

The 2008 crash happened because you guys got everything you ever wanted. Own it.

Up until the 90s, the CRA had little effect. Then community groups started suing banks to make bad loans, and the government did the same.

Value goes up and down based on demand. The sub-prime loans had value on the market, because people thought they were safe. People thought they were safe, because in the 90s, government through Freddie Mac, guaranteed them.

When the real risk of sub-prime loans came to light, they would fall in value. Nothing Bush could do to prevent that.

Once the problem is created, only a crash would fix it. That's why the key is not creating a problem. Not blaming someone for not being able to fix the problem. Bubbles can't be fixed. Only exploded.

No, the crash did not happen because we all got what we wanted. I want Fannie and Freddie eliminated. I didn't get that. I want government not pushing banks to give bad loans. I did not get what I wanted. I want no guarantees on securities. I did not get what I wanted.

bripat9643
Jeb Bush couldn't beat a cockroach. The problem with libs is that they believe Americans actually like this shit they dish out.

This bripat joker has been wrong so often on so many things it makes one wonder just how well Jeb is actually doing.

We'll see when the votes get in

Dante keeper post Jeb Bush

What have I been wrong about, asshole?

bripat9643

This bripat joker has been wrong so often on so many things it makes one wonder just how well Jeb is actually doing.

We'll see when the votes get in

Dante keeper post Jeb Bush

What have I been wrong about, asshole?
a search engine just may be your best friend on this one

Forum List

Back