Zone1 And Jesus said "Depart from me, all you..." What? Evil believers? No, "Evildoers"

Christianity is unique among all religions in at least one regard - it is the only major religion that is NOT works-based.

they refer to their 4th century christian bible of servitude and denial ... for which no copy remains in existence reflecting the veracity of their beliefs in subsequent books of forgeries and fallacies they reproduce that eventually share the same fate as the original.

than the original heavenly religion of antiquity taught by jesus, self determination is the means for judgement and admission to the everlasting.

well, if you dn't have any respect for me, why bother me w/ your arguments?

you think everything in the world is exactly as you see it (kneejerk... please) You don't even know me
I'm going off of your posts. I say something, then you turn around and completely misconstrue what I said. I have not, for example, ignored the fact that we're commanded to obey God's commands, yet you continue to pretend that I'm somehow doing that.

He/she? completely ignored my post too. He is making it abundantly clear that he believes in a works-based salvation which shows a total lack of understanding of the Gospel.

Christianity is unique among all religions in at least one regard - it is the only major religion that is NOT works-based.

I should share a video I made on this topic of salvation, showing 10 reasons why salvation is not works based.

I highly doubt fork/miseryindex will watch it, but I might share it anyway.
I think it would be helpful, given the overwhelming Biblical evidence that FAITH is required for salvation, and the person who is following Christ proves that faith through the life they lead.

I think it would be helpful, given the overwhelming Biblical evidence that FAITH is required for salvation, and the person who is following Christ proves that faith through the life they lead.
Even the demons believe and tremble

Faith alone is worthless. "Faith without works is dead" (James chapter 2)

How can a person say he has faith and... say, refuse to help the less fortunate (mt 25:31)?

It seems many people believe that all they have to do is accept Jesus.. don't have to do anything He says.. but still saved.

There's some logic for you!!
Jesus didn't waste time or words. He did not tell us to do this or that and then say

But hey, that's all optional! All you really have to do is believe in me!

Again, even the demons believe and tremble... James 2

(btw Luther wanted to throw out the book of James... gee... wonder why?)

:rolleyes:

I'm going off of your posts. I say something, then you turn around and completely misconstrue what I said. I have not, for example, ignored the fact that we're commanded to obey God's commands, yet you continue to pretend that I'm somehow doing that.

Be careful, if you whip his arse too hard he'll hide from you.

Faith alone is worthless.

faith alone is all some have in their moments of need they use to find the lite for remission is the true meaning for the 1st century events taught by jesus ... liberation theology, self determination.

the christian would rather suffocate w/ the 4th century christian bible - servitude and denial.

For one example, I consider indoctrination of young children with supernatural beliefs to be child abuse, and hence evill.

That which your jesus was big on, is of no interest to me because I consider him to be a fictional character.

No, and I've never tried to hold the flock responsible for the evils of the church.

The Catholic church involved itself in evolution when it instructed it's flock that it's permissable to throw out creation and Genesis, and adopt a belief in Darwinian evolution.

They were freely admitting that the Christian cause was corrupt and outdated. Who knows what the imaginary god in your head could be thinking?

You believe Genesis and Exodus literally?

Even the demons believe and tremble

Faith alone is worthless. "Faith without works is dead" (James chapter 2)
How long will you continue to ignore what I said? If you claim to have faith, but do not obey God's commands, the truth is not in you. The thief on the cross, totally justified by faith. Tell us this, why do you persist in believing that you can justify yourself in God's eyes by working for it? Justification comes through faith, not through works. Works are commanded, but do NOT justify you in God's eyes, so that no one can boast about their works.
  • Romans 3:28: "For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law."

How can a person say he has faith and... say, refuse to help the less fortunate (mt 25:31)?

It seems many people believe that all they have to do is accept Jesus.. don't have to do anything He says.. but still saved.

There's some logic for you!!
Jesus didn't waste time or words. He did not tell us to do this or that and then say

But hey, that's all optional! All you really have to do is believe in me!

Again, even the demons believe and tremble... James 2

(btw Luther wanted to throw out the book of James... gee... wonder why?)

:rolleyes:
Again, and again, and again, we are NOT saying that you can have faith, then return to your sin and selfishness, refusing to obey God. Tell us from Scripture, WHAT justifies us in God's eyes? If you won't/can't, I will, just let me know.

Again, and again, and again, we are NOT saying that you can have faith, then return to your sin and selfishness, refusing to obey God. Tell us from Scripture, WHAT justifies us in God's eyes? If you won't/can't, I will, just let me know.
Isaiah 58:

58 “Shout it aloud, do not hold back.
Raise your voice like a trumpet.
Declare to my people their rebellion
and to the descendants of Jacob their sins.
2 For day after day they seek me out;
they seem eager to know my ways,
as if they were a nation that does what is right
and has not forsaken the commands of its God.
They ask me for just decisions
and seem eager for God to come near them.
3 ‘Why have we fasted,’ they say,
‘and you have not seen it?
Why have we humbled ourselves,
and you have not noticed?’
“Yet on the day of your fasting, you do as you please
and exploit all your workers.
4 Your fasting ends in quarreling and strife,
and in striking each other with wicked fists.
You cannot fast as you do today
and expect your voice to be heard on high.
5 Is this the kind of fast I have chosen,
only a day for people to humble themselves?
Is it only for bowing one’s head like a reed
and for lying in sackcloth and ashes?
Is that what you call a fast,
a day acceptable to the Lord?

(The previous is speaking of those that only "pray/fast" without works or their faith is not shown through their works)

God goes on to instruct what "true fasting/prayer is and how it will show through works:

6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness[a] will go before you,
and the glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call, and the Lord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday.
11 The Lord will guide you always;
he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.

12 Your people will rebuild the ancient ruins
and will raise up the age-old foundations;
you will be called Repairer of Broken Walls,
Restorer of Streets with Dwellings.
13 “If you keep your feet from breaking the Sabbath
and from doing as you please on my holy day,
if you call the Sabbath a delight
and the Lord’s holy day honorable,
and if you honor it by not going your own way
and not doing as you please or speaking idle words,
14 then you will find your joy in the Lord,
and I will cause you to ride in triumph on the heights of the land
and to feast on the inheritance of your father Jacob.”
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.

Matthew 22:

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. (FAITH)

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] (WORKS)

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

The two go hand in hand.

Last edited:
If you claim to have faith, but do not obey God's commands, ...

there are no commands from the heavens that is the point for a&e's journey, self determination than servitude ... the 1st century events are the repudiation of judaism their false commandments of servitude and denial as their faith by those that gave their lives for their own determination and judgement for the heavenly goal when accomplished to sin no more.

there are no commands from the heavens that is the point for a&e's journey, self determination than servitude ... the 1st century events are the repudiation of judaism their false commandments of servitude and denial as their faith by those that gave their lives for their own determination and judgement for the heavenly goal when accomplished to sin no more.

What is your definition of sin?

The thief on the cross, totally justified by faith. Tell us this, why do you persist in believing that you can justify yourself in God's eyes by working for it? Justification comes through faith, not through works. Works are commanded, but do NOT justify you in God's eyes, so that no one can boast about their works.
How did the thief join God in his plan of salvation of mankind? How are you working on this plan of Redemption and Salvation? Are you doing the works God planned in advance for us to accomplish, or are you just along for the ride? Count up all the works Paul did. He certainly wasn't doing them for any reason but to fight the good fight and to run in the race--as God had planned in advance for him to do.

Until you start bashing Paul for believing he could justify himself in God's eyes since he was clearly working, then lay off bashing Catholics. Like Paul, we are doing the works God planned for us in advance, we are fighting the good fight--we are in the race. We, as Teddy Roosevelt put it, are those in the arena, not with those on the outside of the arena whose only purpose is to judge, criticize, and denigrate.

How did the thief join God in his plan of salvation of mankind? How are you working on this plan of Redemption and Salvation? Are you doing the works God planned in advance for us to accomplish, or are you just along for the ride? Count up all the works Paul did. He certainly wasn't doing them for any reason but to fight the good fight and to run in the race--as God had planned in advance for him to do.

Until you start bashing Paul for believing he could justify himself in God's eyes since he was clearly working, then lay off bashing Catholics. Like Paul, we are doing the works God planned for us in advance, we are fighting the good fight--we are in the race. We, as Teddy Roosevelt put it, are those in the arena, not with those on the outside of the arena whose only purpose is to judge, criticize, and denigrate.
Again, show me what Scripture says justifies someone in the eyes of God. Remember that I have NEVER said we are not supposed to obey God's commands. I want you, since the other guy isn't willing to do it, to show us all from Scripture WHAT justifies a person before God. Once that is settled, we can talk about works. I'll give you a hint, I've already posted at least one verse that lays it out plainly, and I'll do it again, and again, and again, if necessary.

Again, show me what Scripture says justifies someone in the eyes of God. Remember that I have NEVER said we are not supposed to obey God's commands. I want you, since the other guy isn't willing to do it, to show us all from Scripture WHAT justifies a person before God. Once that is settled, we can talk about works. I'll give you a hint, I've already posted at least one verse that lays it out plainly, and I'll do it again, and again, and again, if necessary.
Proof-text as it pleases you, but keep in mind I ignore all texts as the text is so often removed from context. Context is vital. Instead, let's take a look at the different perspectives of justification between Catholics and some Christian denominations. Perhaps the short way to explain it is that in Catholicism justification comes from Christ and is also seen as a process, which initially began with Christ's life, death, and resurrection. In some other Christian denominations justification is Christ's and God sees that justification in those who believe in Christ. Are you with this so far?

Proof-text as it pleases you, but keep in mind I ignore all texts as the text is so often removed from context. Context is vital. Instead, let's take a look at the different perspectives of justification between Catholics and some Christian denominations. Perhaps the short way to explain it is that in Catholicism justification comes from Christ and is also seen as a process, which initially began with Christ's life, death, and resurrection. In some other Christian denominations justification is Christ's and God sees that justification in those who believe in Christ. Are you with this so far?
It sounds like you're saying that Catholics believe a person is not fully justified by Christ alone, but have to earn part of their salvation, and based on what I've seen you write other times, if they don't earn sufficient points, must spend time in purgatory to make up for their lack. Is that one way of putting it?

And, just so we're clear, that completely contradicts the experience of the theif on

Now, I've asked you for Scripture. Post it in context if you like, I love context, but the context needs to be that of Scripture. I have posted Scripture that clearly states we are saved by faith and not by works, but that works demonstrate our faith and are commanded. I will do so again if necessary.

Forum List

Back