If Trump is elected we are so screwed.

SwimExpert bripat9643
[

Democrats screamed that Reagan would start WW III and destroy the economy. That didn't happen. They claimed Obama would bring in the golden age. That didn't happen. One thing you can count on is that liberal judgement about politicians is invariably wrong.

Did Reagan's economy triple the national debt? Mises Institute: "Reagan has tripled the Gross Federal Debt, from $900 billion to $2.7 trillion. Ford and Carter in their combined terms could only double it. It took 31 years to accomplish the first postwar debt tripling, yet Reagan did it in eight."
Your reply appears to have absolutely no connection to my post. You're engaging in gratuitous Reagan bashing, not the fact that libs are always screaming the sky is falling and then it never happens.

SwimExpert bripat9643
[

Democrats screamed that Reagan would start WW III and destroy the economy. That didn't happen. They claimed Obama would bring in the golden age. That didn't happen. One thing you can count on is that liberal judgement about politicians is invariably wrong.

Did Reagan's economy triple the national debt? Mises Institute: "Reagan has tripled the Gross Federal Debt, from $900 billion to $2.7 trillion. Ford and Carter in their combined terms could only double it. It took 31 years to accomplish the first postwar debt tripling, yet Reagan did it in eight."
Your reply appears to have absolutely no connection to my post. You're engaging in gratuitous Reagan bashing, not the fact that libs are always screaming the sky is falling and then it never happens.

"The Sky is Falling" could be your screen name

SwimExpert bripat9643
[

There's no doubt that the country is swirling down the toilet bowl. Obama increased its progress by leaps and bounds.

SwimExpert bripat9643
[

There's no doubt that the country is swirling down the toilet bowl. Obama increased its progress by leaps and bounds.
PEople have been claiming this bs since the nation was founded :lol:

Sub-prime loans performed well, when the prices of homes was going up. They performed well because if the person ran into trouble, they could sell the house for more than the value of the mortgage, because prices were going up.

Thus, the bank made a great return on the loan with high interest rates (because they were sub-prime), and got their money back when they sold the home for more than the original loan.

SO you are admitting the BANKS, not the Government, was the problem.

Thanks for playing.

If Trump is elected we are so screwed.
Regardless of who they sElect you're screwed. You've BEEN screwed for over 70 years. Are you too stupid to see that ? Sure. Your masters let you make some money here and there.........so you could buy useless shit from their corporations. YAY ! They also sent you off to kill(defunding freedumb) to make sure said corp[oration]s had plenty of natural resources to make you things like shoes with LED lighting and lithium batteries for your i'Brators like good little connedsumers. Don't forget to raise the flag. Is it another half mast day or not today ? Better luck tomorrow.

Sub-prime loans performed well, when the prices of homes was going up. They performed well because if the person ran into trouble, they could sell the house for more than the value of the mortgage, because prices were going up.

Thus, the bank made a great return on the loan with high interest rates (because they were sub-prime), and got their money back when they sold the home for more than the original loan.

SO you are admitting the BANKS, not the Government, was the problem.

Thanks for playing.

Can I just make claims about what you said, and then proclaim victory? Is this your idea of intelligent debate?

So Joe is admitting he hates babies. Leftist clearly would destroy the entire human race.

Thanks for playing. (notice how I can make up crap you didn't say, just like you did to me?)

Joe, if you'd like to debate like and adult, let me know. Otherwise, find something else to do with your time. You'll never convince anyone of anything debating like a ten year old.

SwimExpert bripat9643
[

So you have no answer. Got it. If anyone else, hopefully more intelligent, would like to discuss the issue, please jump in.

SwimExpert bripat9643
[

PEople have been claiming this bs since the nation was founded :lol:

It has pretty much been true since the nation was founded. It has been especially true since the Civil War.

Can I just make claims about what you said, and then proclaim victory? Is this your idea of intelligent debate?

So Joe is admitting he hates babies. Leftist clearly would destroy the entire human race.

Thanks for playing. (notice how I can make up crap you didn't say, just like you did to me?)

Joe, if you'd like to debate like and adult, let me know. Otherwise, find something else to do with your time. You'll never convince anyone of anything debating like a ten year old.

Guy, your own confusing screed said the banks were the problem, not the government.

The banks kept writing loans to people who couldn't pay them back. That's what you admitted.

Not because the government made them, but because they figured they could make their money back on a foreclosure.

It's when they couldn't the whole system fell apart.

Guy, your own confusing screed said the banks were the problem, not the government.

The banks kept writing loans to people who couldn't pay them back. That's what you admitted.

Not because the government made them, but because they figured they could make their money back on a foreclosure.

Sigh.........

If banks were the problem, then why didn't the crash happen in the past 60 years? If banks were the problem, why haven't we crashed again?

You do realize that there is not one single law, or regulation, that would prevent a bank from making a sub-prime loan again, right? And if "greed" (the universal left-wing catch all answer for every problem on the planet), is the problem, are you saying no bankers are greedy now? And why were they not greedy in the 60 years prior to the crash?

What happened? Did all the bankers get zipped by alien greed guns in 1997?

I'll say it again...... Sub-prime loans were legitimized by the Federal Government, through Freddie Mac in 1997, when they guaranteed sub-prime loans under the CRA law, in a deal with First Union (Wachovia), and Bear Stearns.

The moment that the Government gave their seal of approval on sub-prime loans, and gave them a AAA rating... they fundamentally changed the market.

Before that happened..... no bank sold sub-prime loans in Mortgage Backed Securities, and no sub-prime MBS had a AAA rating.

The Government changed the market. Before that happened, sub-prime was an extremely limited market.

Remember Government itself created Mortgage Backed Securities to begin with. Without government none of this could ever have happened.

To blame banks for regulations and policies that government pushed, is like posting a 80 mph speed limit on a sharp 90º turn, and then blaming the drivers for driving 80 mph on the turn and crashing. It's their fault for following the posted speed limit... they didn't have to.

And government did make them.

Andrew Cuomo, announcing a legal settlement with a major bank, to make sub-prime loans. He very clearly says they would not qualify for loans, but for this affirmative action. And he equally says that he's positive the default rate will be higher with these sub-prime loans.

Here's a clue.... if they are suing banks to make the loans.... then you can't blame the banks. Simple enough?

Sigh.........

If banks were the problem, then why didn't the crash happen in the past 60 years? If banks were the problem, why haven't we crashed again?

You do realize that there is not one single law, or regulation, that would prevent a bank from making a sub-prime loan again, right? And if "greed" (the universal left-wing catch all answer for every problem on the planet), is the problem, are you saying no bankers are greedy now? And why were they not greedy in the 60 years prior to the crash?

If you bothered to read the article I posted earlier in the thread, you would see that in the Bush years, regulatory oversight of the banks practically vanished. Bush stuffed the SEC with cronies who didn't do their jobs.

Jesus Effin' Christ man, this ain't rocket science.

Andrew Cuomo, announcing a legal settlement with a major bank, to make sub-prime loans. He very clearly says they would not qualify for loans, but for this affirmative action. And he equally says that he's positive the default rate will be higher with these sub-prime loans.

Here's a clue.... if they are suing banks to make the loans.... then you can't blame the banks. Simple enough?

Uh, no.

The Banks were discriminating against certain neighborhoods. That isn't what caused the bank crash.

What caused the bank crash was not poor people buying modest houses in poor neighborhoods.

It was middle class people buying McMansions hoping to flip them in two years.

Sigh.........

If you bothered to read the article I posted earlier in the thread, you would see that in the Bush years, regulatory oversight of the banks practically vanished. Bush stuffed the SEC with cronies who didn't do their jobs.

Jesus Effin' Christ man, this ain't rocket science.

None of which changes anything I posted. IF you can't answer what I posted, then thanks for playing. This ain't rocket science. You answer the claims, or you fail. Have a nice day.

Uh, no.

The Banks were discriminating against certain neighborhoods. That isn't what caused the bank crash.

What caused the bank crash was not poor people buying modest houses in poor neighborhoods.

It was middle class people buying McMansions hoping to flip them in two years.

None of which changes anything. People who did not qualify for a loan, were going to get loans. Andrew Cuomo admitted openly that there would be a higher default rate.

Hello? That ends it. Nothing else you say, changes that fact. Bad loans... higher default rate.... unqualified borrowers. He said all of that. Are you saying the Clinton administration lied? Join the club. But to claim this was all false, you need to provide actual evidence.

None of which changes anything. People who did not qualify for a loan, were going to get loans. Andrew Cuomo admitted openly that there would be a higher default rate.

Hello? That ends it. Nothing else you say, changes that fact. Bad loans... higher default rate.... unqualified borrowers. He said all of that. Are you saying the Clinton administration lied? Join the club. But to claim this was all false, you need to provide actual evidence.

It was all false. The problem wasn't bad loans. It was selling those bad loans to investors by exaggerating their values.

End of they, a borrower defaults, you sell his house to someone else. Problem solved as long as you are honestly and accurately evaluating the value of your assets. That's not what the banks did under Bush. They took loans they knew were going to go bad and sold them to unsuspecting investors.

It was all false. The problem wasn't bad loans. It was selling those bad loans to investors by exaggerating their values.

End of they, a borrower defaults, you sell his house to someone else. Problem solved as long as you are honestly and accurately evaluating the value of your assets. That's not what the banks did under Bush. They took loans they knew were going to go bad and sold them to unsuspecting investors.

If the loans couldn't have been sold, they wouldn't have been made, and Fanny and Freddie made it possible for them to be sold.

Here we go. According to the radical anti-corporate (anarchist?) left it seems that nobody respects a success story who becomes a multi millionaire with guts and smarts but they respect a community activist who made a living out of sharing a lucrative endowment with a former domestic terrorist in Chicago. You gotta laugh at how the liberal left has turned logic on it's freaking ear.

Forum List

Back