I Wonder What They Did For Gov. Walker To Give Them $3477.00????

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker established a program that has given hundreds of thousands of dollars in merit raises and bonuses to some state workers even as he preached cost-cutting and pushed through a law reducing most public workers' pay and eliminating their union rights.

An analysis of data The Associated Press obtained through an open records request showed Wisconsin agencies have handed out more than $765,000 in bonuses and merit raises this year to nearly 220 employees.

The Republican governor wasn't available for comment Friday.

HA!!! I'll bet.

Assistant Attorney General Maria Lazar, who defended Walker's collective bargaining law in an open meetings challenge and has handled the state's defense of Republican redistricting legislation, got a $1,000 bonus and a $1.50-an-hour raise in March, bumping her salary by more than $3,000 to $104,730.

Well, at least I know what SHE did to get her money.

The University of Wisconsin System, meanwhile, also gave out nearly $300,000 in raises and bonuses. Five employees, including a power plant superintendent at UW-Milwaukee and a UW Extension human resources manager, each received $5,520 bonuses, the largest ones anyone in state government received.

The Associated Press: Wis. gives $765,000 in bonuses despite budget hole

If it was investigated they were all probably big supports of Walkers.

Walker is as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

The John Dow investigation is going to bring him down, if he isn't voted out of office first.

Walker is as crooked as a dog's hind leg.

The John Dow investigation is going to bring him down, if he isn't voted out of office first.

If any RW'ers even TRY to justify this ignorance then they're as phony as he is.

If nothing else Walker should be voted out because of this stupidity. I mean how stupid was this act given the upcoming recall election? It makes no sense whatsoever to simply give your political enemies this much firepower. He must have owed the recipients something awful to stick his neck out like that.

you also forgot to mention this part from your link, dufus...

The Republican governor wasn't available for comment Friday. His spokesman, Cullen Werwie, referred questions to Walker's top aide, Department of Administration Secretary Mike Huebsch, who said the governor established the program because he felt it was important to mirror the private sector and provide rewards for outstanding work.

"It is a tool for a manager to go in and say this person truly set themselves apart," Huebsch said.

Agency managers must find the money within their own budgets, he added; the state doesn't provide money specifically for merit compensation.

As for the increased salary of the Asst. Attorney General going to $104,730 from $101,730, that still puts her in the bottom end of the salary range nationally for that job,
Assistant Attorney General Salary Survey
which is $99,000 to $140,000.

Bunch of whiny babies.

Just look at all of these Obama PIMPS complaining about a few thousand dollars in bonuses and some measly pay raises for state workers in Wisconsin, while their Messiah has tossed around TRILLIONS of dollars to bankrupt "alternative energy" companies, union-dominated auto manufacturers, big banks, big insurance companies, and God knows what other big-business prostitutes that had their hands out.

I won't even go into Obama's failed multi-billion dollar "stimulus plans", or his catastrophic "Obamacare" health insurance scam, among other things.

This once again proves what a bunch of whiney, bitchy little girly-men the leftist Obama pimps really are.

The Republican governor wasn't available for comment Friday. His spokesman, Cullen Werwie, referred questions to Walker's top aide, Department of Administration Secretary Mike Huebsch, who said the governor established the program because he felt it was important to mirror the private sector and provide rewards for outstanding work.

"It is a tool for a manager to go in and say this person truly set themselves apart," Huebsch said.

Agency managers must find the money within their own budgets, he added; the state doesn't provide money specifically for merit compensation.

As for the increased salary of the Asst. Attorney General going to $104,730 from $101,730, that still puts her in the bottom end of the salary range nationally for that job,

Bunch of whiny babies.
So you are saying that inline with the GOP War on Women, Walker pays WOMEN "the bottom end of the salary range nationally for that job."
Thank you!!! :badgrin:

Bunch of whiny babies.

So answer me this. Where does ANY and ALL of that money come from, nitwit? :cuckoo:

Do you ever think before you type, you dufus? :confused:

Bunch of whiny babies.
So you are saying that inline with the GOP War on Women, Walker pays WOMEN "the bottom end of the salary range nationally for that job."

if that is what you got out of my post, your dumber than I thought... and that is saying something.

Bunch of whiny babies.

So answer me this. Where does ANY and ALL of that money come from, nitwit? :cuckoo:

your thread OP implies Walker put money aside or took money from elsewhere to pay these bonuses, yet your own fucking source says he didn't.

FAIL.

Bunch of whiny babies.

if that is what you got out of my post, your dumber than I thought... and that is saying something.
I was merely making CON$erviNutzis eat their own words, as I always do, but it obviously went over your head.

CON$ claimed Obama was waging a war on women because he paid them less than men, so I simply applied the same GOP standard for a War On Women to Walker!!!
Get it now pinhead?????

Performance bonuses and merit raises are a good way of getting better value for money out of employees. But please don't let that reality get in the way of the hyperbolic bullshit of the whining lefties.

If my raise and bonus were that small I'd be p!ssed. I couldn't possibly live on that Salary and I don't had near the education required to hold that position.

Bunch of whiny babies.

your thread OP implies Walker put money aside or took money from elsewhere to pay these bonuses, yet your own fucking source says he didn't.

FAIL.

No it didn't, dufus. And the fact that you "read" it in there shows your lack of reading comprehension.

Bunch of whiny babies.

The truth is a stationary fact....if a person starts manipulating the facts, it no longer is stationary nor is it the truth any longer. Seems that is where the OP is going with this article.

If my raise and bonus were that small I'd be p!ssed. I couldn't possibly live on that Salary and I don't had near the education required to hold that position.

Yup. And ya gotta love the fact that they're going after teachers. A job that requires a BA yet only starts out at 25k a year on average. Yep, those teachers are really living it up!!

The average BONUS given out to Walkers cronies (like Assistant Attorney General Maria Lazar, who defended Walker's collective bargaining law in an open meetings challenge and has handled the state's defense of Republican redistricting legislation) would have been 20% of a new teacher's salary.

Teacher Salaries By State | Average Salaries For Teachers | Beginning Salaries For Teachers | Teacher Raises | TeacherPortal.com

I was merely making CON$erviNutzis eat their own words, as I always do, but it obviously went over your head.

CON$ claimed Obama was waging a war on women because he paid them less than men, so I simply applied the same GOP standard for a War On Women to Walker!!!
Get it now pinhead?????

Show me a male asst, attorney general in Wisconsin that makes significantly more than the female asst. attorney general under discussion, and I will concede the point.

have at it.

Performance bonuses and merit raises are a good way of getting better value for money out of employees. But please don't let that reality get in the way of the hyperbolic bullshit of the whining lefties.

As the Op article stated, it's also a good way to show employees you value them and to try and keep them from leaving for the private sector where they could double their income.

Forum List

Back