I Think We Are Doomed

Will we get Government prayer rugs, or will we have to buy our own?

No you don't get a rug ... but I just might send you one of these. For Free, including shipping and handling! :eusa_eh:

Crying-Towel-md.jpg

Reagan didn't kill communism .. huge right-wing myth. The Soviet Union was collapsing when Reagan took office. Much information on this.

LOL

You might wish there was information on this, but the reality is that in 1981, the USSR was going strong after its invasion of Afghanistan and absolute embarrassment of Jimmy Carter and his constantly shifting strategy. Brezhnev made Carter look like a hyperactive fool.

The U.S. arms buildup of the early 80s bankrupted the USSR as intended. It was not a done deal at all when Reagan took office.

"Over 90% of blacks are voting for Obama for the same reason, so this is not a surprise."

Correct! 90% of registered black democtratic voters voted for him over Hillary in the primaries... No wait, only about 50% did. He had to win over the rest.

LOL

You might wish there was information on this, but the reality is that in 1981, the USSR was going strong after its invasion of Afghanistan and absolute embarrassment of Jimmy Carter and his constantly shifting strategy. Brezhnev made Carter look like a hyperactive fool.

The U.S. arms buildup of the early 80s bankrupted the USSR as intended. It was not a done deal at all when Reagan took office.

Obviously you get your news from Faux.

Fortunately, the rest of the world does not. Just too much information on this to even consider debating about it.

A great and true post. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have had this feeling of impending doom for a couple of days now.

I literally feel, as if the world is coming to an end, if we do indeed have an Obama win.

It is disconcerting to know, that he somehow managed to hoodwink a huge part of the nation and is subsequently rewarded with the gold.

Fucking ubelieveable!
Fucking "A" and the masses of moronic followers.... IF Obama wins itll windup like a 3rd world looting debacle...

Last edited:
A great and true post. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have had this feeling of impending doom for a couple of days now.

I literally feel, as if the world is coming to an end, if we do indeed have an Obama win.

It is disconcerting to know, that he somehow managed to hoodwink a huge part of the nation and is subsequently rewarded with the gold.

Fucking ubelieveable!

If Obama wins, we are definitely in for some tough times and it won't be the rich feeling the pain -they will still have enough money to weather through an Obama administration. Its the rest of us who will pay the real price. Forget his bs about only taxing the wealthy. Oh maybe his first tax increase will be on them -but be prepared to be hit up with some really stiff taxes right after that. He intends to destroy the coal industry in this country with his environmental policies and blatantly said so in his interview with the San Francisco Chronicle in Jan. He has no problem with the fact it will result in skyrocketing electric bills to all consumers either. He think it means government will end up richer by BILLIONS as a result which is far more important to him. He has said he would not forgo ANY of his plans to spend a trillion more no matter what the economic conditions. While hypocritically criticizing where the national debt is today, he has already said he fully intends to add at least another trillion to it! It is likely going to be FAR more than that since politicians routinely underestimate the real costs of their spending sprees.

He promises to end the war in Iraq without any concern for whether handing victory to an enemy who can't possibly get it unless we do -will mean horrific consequences for this country for decades to come. It will reaffirm what Islamofascists terrorists have said all along about this country -that Americans are weak paper tigers who would rather lose than bleed for what they believe in or to keep what is theirs -who will quickly run away after suffering just a fraction of the casualties they are willing to take. It will be a nice morale booster among Islamofascists who will re-energize their efforts as a result. Why is it Democrats are no longer able to actually win wars I wonder? And they act like our very real enemy has decided to call off the war THEY declared on us!

If this country makes the idiotic decision that the "change we need" is a return to Carter's failed, horrific and disastrous economic and foreign policies -then this country deserves the consequences for its choice.

The silver lining to an Obama win is that it means all these young, ignorant liberal whiners pretending the last 8 years have been such horrible, tough times -are in for a rude awakening when they finally get to experience actual tough times firsthand. And it guarantees Obama will be a one term President. His policies are simply a re-tread of Carter's failed policies and will once again result in massive unemployment and a deep recession and possibly an outright depression. Once again it will take three times as long to repair his damage than it took to cause it. The only thing he will spread is the poverty -not the wealth. Jimmy Carter was sure Americans really didn't mind that double digit unemployment, interest and inflation rates from his policies and would actually send him back for another term to really make sure he got to stick it to the American people some more. WRONG

Democrats are likely going to make more gains in Congress this election too -and once again the silver lining is that the next time around, those with the letter "D" after their names will be the pariahs and unelectable. After the nation gets a good look at how much MORE out of control a Democrat-controlled Congress is, their control of Congress will be over too. It won't be until after the election that people might start remembering that Congress has worse approval ratings than Bush does -and it is already controlled by Democrats. But by the end of the Democrats out of control spending spree -I guarantee you they will remember this mistake.

Those who didn't have to try and survive Carter's disastrous policies apparently have to learn the hard way that they really do suck, they result in the exact opposite of what is promised, those hurt the most are those promised will benefit the most -and they will remember not to repeat that mistake. And perhaps get a grasp on reality that what works best is actually counterintuitive to liberal idealism. Because this is the real world and idealism will never change human nature -so the best policies don't ignore human nature or try to work against human nature. They figure out how to best exploit that human nature for the greater good. Not try to pretend that human nature can be "re-educated" out of the human race. LOL

Best of all, I'm looking forward to the first generation to come along that won't have experienced or remembered Obama's disastrous term and tell these Obama whackos who finally realized their mistake -how darn stupid they are for insisting these are horrible policies that should be avoided especially when the economy is already teetering. Even when insisting they already experienced this and know firsthand, they can rest comfortably knowing the generation with the least experience, wisdom and plain common sense will end up inflicting on us all another politician waving these same failed polices yet again as they do for any generation ignorant of their own history -insisting that given one more chance, surely these policies will produce what has been promised. While arrogantly telling the former Obama supporters that there is something intellectually and morally wrong with THEM for not supporting their guy holding out those identical failed policies. ROFL

George Bush's policies of war and debt have failed.

It is time for competence to return to the White House.

The polls all showed the black population split very evenly between Hillary and Obama, and the total black population vote in the primaries was never individually released after the nomination. Next time before you make a radical claim like that, do your homework.:cool:

If Obama wins, we are definitely in for some tough times and it won't be the rich feeling the pain -they will still have enough money to weather through an Obama administration. Its the rest of us who will pay the real price. Forget his bs about only taxing the wealthy. Oh maybe his first tax increase will be on them -but be prepared to be hit up with some really stiff taxes right after that. He intends to destroy the coal industry in this country with his environmental policies and blatantly said so in his interview with the San Francisco Chronicle in Jan. He has no problem with the fact it will result in skyrocketing electric bills to all consumers either. He think it means government will end up richer by BILLIONS as a result which is far more important to him. He has said he would not forgo ANY of his plans to spend a trillion more no matter what the economic conditions. While hypocritically criticizing where the national debt is today, he has already said he fully intends to add at least another trillion to it! It is likely going to be FAR more than that since politicians routinely underestimate the real costs of their spending sprees.

He promises to end the war in Iraq without any concern for whether handing victory to an enemy who can't possibly get it unless we do -will mean horrific consequences for this country for decades to come. It will reaffirm what Islamofascists terrorists have said all along about this country -that Americans are weak paper tigers who would rather lose than bleed for what they believe in or to keep what is theirs -who will quickly run away after suffering just a fraction of the casualties they are willing to take. It will be a nice morale booster among Islamofascists who will re-energize their efforts as a result. Why is it Democrats are no longer able to actually win wars I wonder? And they act like our very real enemy has decided to call off the war THEY declared on us!

If this country makes the idiotic decision that the "change we need" is a return to Carter's failed, horrific and disastrous economic and foreign policies -then this country deserves the consequences for its choice.

The silver lining to an Obama win is that it means all these young, ignorant liberal whiners pretending the last 8 years have been such horrible, tough times -are in for a rude awakening when they finally get to experience actual tough times firsthand. And it guarantees Obama will be a one term President. His policies are simply a re-tread of Carter's failed policies and will once again result in massive unemployment and a deep recession and possibly an outright depression. Once again it will take three times as long to repair his damage than it took to cause it. The only thing he will spread is the poverty -not the wealth. Jimmy Carter was sure Americans really didn't mind that double digit unemployment, interest and inflation rates from his policies and would actually send him back for another term to really make sure he got to stick it to the American people some more. WRONG

Democrats are likely going to make more gains in Congress this election too -and once again the silver lining is that the next time around, those with the letter "D" after their names will be the pariahs and unelectable. After the nation gets a good look at how much MORE out of control a Democrat-controlled Congress is, their control of Congress will be over too. It won't be until after the election that people might start remembering that Congress has worse approval ratings than Bush does -and it is already controlled by Democrats. But by the end of the Democrats out of control spending spree -I guarantee you they will remember this mistake.

Those who didn't have to try and survive Carter's disastrous policies apparently have to learn the hard way that they really do suck, they result in the exact opposite of what is promised, those hurt the most are those promised will benefit the most -and they will remember not to repeat that mistake. And perhaps get a grasp on reality that what works best is actually counterintuitive to liberal idealism. Because this is the real world and idealism will never change human nature -so the best policies don't ignore human nature or try to work against human nature. They figure out how to best exploit that human nature for the greater good. Not try to pretend that human nature can be "re-educated" out of the human race. LOL

Best of all, I'm looking forward to the first generation to come along that won't have experienced or remembered Obama's disastrous term and tell these Obama whackos who finally realized their mistake -how darn stupid they are for insisting these are horrible policies that should be avoided especially when the economy is already teetering. Even when insisting they already experienced this and know firsthand, they can rest comfortably knowing the generation with the least experience, wisdom and plain common sense will end up inflicting on us all another politician waving these same failed polices yet again as they do for any generation ignorant of their own history -insisting that given one more chance, surely these policies will produce what has been promised. While arrogantly telling the former Obama supporters that there is something intellectually and morally wrong with THEM for not supporting their guy holding out those identical failed policies. ROFL

It's possible that you are correct on every point that you've made. Even if this is the case, it changes nothing. The reality is that until the GOP is purged of the criminal crew that's been running it since the eighties, we have no choice but to vote for the Obamas of the world. This is the message that Colin Powell and others so badly want to you to get. The corruption entrenched by the Neocons (Shultz, Cheney, Rummy, Jackson, Kissinger etc.) is so bad, it's inconceivable what they've gotten away with. The economic policies of this group are so powerful and idealogical that they dictate every other policy, including foreign policy. In the old days war/disaster profiteers clamored to get to government officials, now they ARE the government. When you have guys like Rumsfeld and Cheney holding HUGE equity shares in companies that profit from war and disaster (Lockheed, Halliburton, Carlyle, Gilead and others) as they sit as elected and appointed officials within the administration, you have Corruption. They are stealing taxpayers dollars and killing Americans to do so! Forget everything that was said about WMDs, terrorists, everything else. It was all a sales job to get into Iraq in order to make the machine RICHER and MORE POWERFUL. Iraq represented a new free market ripe for "Reform". It's called corporatism. It's a conflict of interest and highway robbery. We went into Iraq fully knowing that the end game was to take over, privatize, and sell back to Iraq every bit of it's infrastructure and natural resources. AND it's not the American people who profit, it's guys like Rummy, Cheney, Shultz and many, many others who got rich through various American multi-national corporations. These are the things Powell wants so badly to say, and hopefully will say early next year if Obama wins. The potential problems with Obama are miniscule in comparison to the corruption, robbery and death of Americans at the hand of the Neocon movement. Until your party cleans house, we have no other option.

Obviously you get your news from Faux.

Fortunately, the rest of the world does not. Just too much information on this to even consider debating about it.

Uh -he's right. You are wrong. Your first stupid sentence already means you are a political idealogue and therefore someone who lacks critical thinking skills. Funny liberals get so out of whack about the only US news station that hasn't been accused of making up phony stories or had to fire reporters for making them up. Sure wish that were true of ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, BBC, CNN and a whole slew of newspapers that are all leftwing too, don't you? So of course to you it somehow makes perfect sense to insist the one station not guilty of that is the untrustworthy one. ROFL Funny but the only time I miss out on hearing any of the news is when I only watch one of these other stations. Fox even has a segment now and then about which stories other stations are choosing not to inform people about or the vital information they have omitted that changes the story entirely. Very effective.

Ever read any REAL history books and deep analysis of past Presidents' policies and the short and long term consequences of those policies by serious historians instead of some politically biased editorial written by another liberal idealogue whacko hoping ignorant suckers like you are willing to buy into it without question? Of course not -that would actually require WORK on your part.

I had to endure Carter as President so it is impossible to try and hoodwink me about either Carter or Reagan and insist we must all adopt your phony political re-write bs as reality. I had to live with Carter as President. And its obvious you didn't or you wouldn't write such blathering. No one I know who lived under Carter would agree with your "intellectual" opinion here. I know EXACTLY what he did since I had to live with it firsthand. And he totally deserves his low place in history.

Carter was in way over his head, he was made a fool of as a result of his foreign policies time and again. Islamofascist terrorism took its first major big leap under this guy who never had a clue what he was dealing with. And he remains an embarassment to this country by defying the requests of one President after another to butt out and pretending to be this all-wise statesman hoping it will change his disastrous legacy which he fully earned. He is no statesman and his own book reveals he still has no real understanding of foreign policy where he still keeps sticking his unwanted nose. There is a reason we threw him OUT after one term. There is a reason that Presidential historians list Reagan as a near-great President and list Carter among the very worst Presidents. HE WAS. His economic policies (which Obama is promising to inflict on us again) resulted in massive misery on a scale in this country that I have never seen since and hoped to never experience again. But fully expect to again under Obama since a re-run of Carter's failed policies is the "change" he thinks we all need. Yech.

Carter was THE single worst President in my life and no President in my lifetime is even a close second to it. But apparently Obama is hoping to join him there.

"Funny liberals get so out of whack about the only US news station that hasn't been accused of making up phony stories or had to fire reporters for making them up."

So when one of their correspondents said, "It has just been confirmed that Barack Obama is a Muslim," that was not a made-up story? Honestly, they should have fired every single on-air loud-mouth a long time ago. I suppose the owner of fox news gets kicks out of the bull**** he spreads. It's a wonder people believe any of that crap.

Oh, and thanks for discrediting yourself.

Last edited:
How do you know he's like Kennedy and Carter? I think he's like FDR.

Experience, usually but not always, leads to wisdom, understanding, and good judgement. Obama has learned from his experiences while McCain hasn't: Bush's economic plan, McCain's healthcare plan, Bush and McCain's war plan, etc.

And, how could you seriously want an average joe over a smart guy? We've had a C average president for 8 years now and look at how well that's turned out. Compare that to Lincoln and the answer becomes quite clear.

Also, when looking throughout American history at presidents like Washington, Grant, Eisenhower, etc., ALL the war generals elected to office did a poor job as president. Washington is cool for stepping down when he didn't have to though.

Since you are so for war, I must ask: are you also for mass genocide? Looking at the big picture, there are two possible strategies to end the war on terror: meeting their demands or killing every single Arab/Muslim in the world. You need to, as Obama has said, start looking for a long-term solution to the war on terror.

yeah come on Obama is NOTHING like Kennedy or carter.we are screwed either way with either candidate.nether represents what the people want like kennedy and carter did.carter was the lone exception of presidents we have had since kennedy who are not evil and corrupt and that trend wil continue with either of these candidates in office.the one thing i dont agree with on this post though is that we have had a grade F president the last 8 years.

I wasn't that old when Carter was pres, but I remember the gas lines, the hostages, the USSR mocking us, and the lack of national confidence. Bush has sucked badly, but not as badly as Jimmy C.

Obama is not as naive as Carter, he'd have to work extra hard to be as bad.

I think we are doomed.

I think Obama is going to win and I think the USA is going to suffer in many painful ways. Oh sure, I like Obama. I think it is great that a black guy is going to be president. But the honeymoon is going to be short.

Here, let me explain. He is like John Kennedy and he is like Jimmy Carter. That is a bad thing. Kennedy did not really know when and how to go to war and he got us in a mess in Vietnam. Carter was a passifist and that lead to more conflict.

Jimmy Carter was a great guy. Everyone thought that his passifism would lead to peace. Everyone was WRONG.

Everyone thought Regan was going to be a horrible president. Everyone thought his military build up would lead to war. Everyone was wrong.

Everyone thinks Obama is going to be wonderful. I think everyone is wrong. I think we are doomed.

I heard Obama discussed on a radio program where the host as well as the callers were African American and there were a few people who were excited about Obama but they did not have any good follow-up comments to some of the host's and opposition's concerns. For example, one excited supporter commented on how smart Obama is and how (magically) this means he would be a great president. He seemed to imply that this meant he could fix the economy. When asked directly what economic experience Obama had, the supporter said that he had a law degree from Harvard (wow, magic). But that is a law degree from Harvard and not any economic experience. When pressed on this, the supporter did not have any follow up comment.

I have heard it said that it would be better to have an intelligent guy in the White House rather than an average Joe.

This does not make any sense to me. The Office of the President was formed with someone in mind to fill the position. And that person was a general.

Obama does not have a general's mentality. This was clear in the debates. Obama stresses pulling out of Iraq and focusing our forces in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

While, logically and intellectually and on the surface this seems like a very intelligent move.

But it isn't. It is not what it seems. It is very poor strategy. But Obama is too confident and has too high an opinion on his own mastery of all things and his capacity to conquer all knowable subjects to see when he is wrong. We are doomed. As General George Patton said, "Never let your enemy choose the battlefield" This is what Obama is going to do. This is what Kennedy did in Vietnam. This is what Carter tried to do in the failed rescue missions in Iran.

It is like electing a damn good friendly negotiator and lawyer to come in and play war games. We are doomed.
Yes, we are. If you are young enough you can immigrate to Canada. If not, I hear Mexico will take you in.

Forum List

Back