I Think We Are Doomed

Colin Powell is a total sellout. When was the last time he supported a white liberal. He lost some respect with me.

Powell is no sellout. He calls it like he sees it. I love it when he called the neocon special interest "fucking crazies". He knows the old GOP has been hijacked and corrupted. He knows he himself was conned by his fellow cabinet members pre-Iraq. It has nothing to do with "liberal" or conservative. He's sees corruption within his party and I applaud him for denouncing these factions. You think he is happy about having no other option than to support a Democrat? I think not, but he's been very pragmatic about it.

There's no doubt Reagan was a great president. He killed communism with his Star Wars program. Perhaps you were too young to remember.

Bush, with all his faults and I am no Bush fan, we have not a terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11/02. He deserves credit for this and now that it looks like Obama will be president, I guess I will be buying myself a gas mask. He's too friendly with the arabs for him to do a decent job of defending our country from terrorists.

Reagan was a good President... the right guy at the right time. BUT please don't use this ridiculous "we haven't been attacked again" logic. By that rationale every president since Pearl Harbor BESIDES Bush desrves credit for preventing attacks on our soil. That's a preposterous thing to say.

Reagan was a good President... the right guy at the right time. BUT please don't use this ridiculous "we haven't been attacked again" logic. By that rationale every president since Pearl Harbor BESIDES Bush desrves credit for preventing attacks on our soil. That's a preposterous thing to say.

Big difference between the enemy in WWII and the islamic nut jobs we are dealing with now don't ya think!!!:eusa_eh:

exactly, not too mention the attack happened on Bush's watch. If he was so good, why did 9/11 happen? Why did he ignore his intelligence briefings which warned of an al qaeda attack? What happen to smoking em out?

exactly, not too mention the attack happened on Bush's watch. If he was so good, why did 9/11 happen? Why did he ignore his intelligence briefings which warned of an al qaeda attack? What happen to smoking em out?

It's pretty clear Bush inherited the problem from Clinton.

Another thread used to hide from the failures of the republican party and conservative policies.

Powell is no sellout. He calls it like he sees it. I love it when he called the neocon special interest "fucking crazies". He knows the old GOP has been hijacked and corrupted. He knows he himself was conned by his fellow cabinet members pre-Iraq. It has nothing to do with "liberal" or conservative. He's sees corruption within his party and I applaud him for denouncing these factions. You think he is happy about having no other option than to support a Democrat? I think not, but he's been very pragmatic about it.

If you know Powell's record, Obama stands out like a sore thumb. I am not a racist, but he's supporting Obama because he is black. Over 90% of blacks are voting for Obama for the same reason, so this is not a surprise. But I did expect more from Colin Powell.

McCain's Economic Adviser is ex-Texas Sen. Phil Gramm. On Dec. 15, 2000, hours before Congress was to leave for Christmas recess, Gramm had a 262-page amendment slipped into the appropriations bill. It forbade federal agencies to regulate the financial derivatives that greased the skids for passing along risky mortgage-backed securities to investors. And that, my friends, is why everything's falling apart. That is why the taxpayers are now on the hook for the follies of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Bear Stearns and now the insurance giant AIG to the tune of $700 billion.

It's pretty clear Bush inherited the problem from Clinton.

man, you really get drunk off that kool-aid.. Bush recieved the intelligence reports and did not act on it,, that is a fact period. Richard Clarke counter-terrorism adviser for Reagan,Bush Sr.,Clinton,and Bush Jr claims Bush fumbled his obligations, and it was Clinton who pursued Bin Laden and came the closest to killing him.
Clarke was sharply critical of the Bush Administration's attitude toward counter-terrorism before the 9/11 terrorist attacks and the decision to go to war with Iraq. Clarke has received criticism in turn for various reasons, including his strong disagreements with the Bush Administration. He now supports Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama.

Clarke's Take On Terror, What Bush's Ex-Adviser Says About Efforts to Stop War On Terror - CBS News

If you know Powell's record, Obama stands out like a sore thumb. I am not a racist, but he's supporting Obama because he is black. Over 90% of blacks are voting for Obama for the same reason, so this is not a surprise. But I did expect more from Colin Powell.

Oh Please. I know Powell's record. He has ALWAYS been perceived as a moderate, and even called his "selling" of the Iraqi invasion a BLOT on his record. He has publicly stated that he regrets his role. He has also stated several times that he is extremely disappointed with the direction the GOP has taken under Neocon rule and has pointed to corruption within the party. If YOU knew Powell's record, his endorsement of Obama would come as no surprise to you at all. It's just ashame that so many citizens blindly follow this party amidst all of the corruption, corporatism and theft of taxpayer's dollars. If Republican voters would stop allowing the propaganda machine to drive them into an emotional frenzy and look at what's been going on, they'd be outraged and maybe do some good by helping to purge the party of the criminals who've taken it over.

A great and true post. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

I have had this feeling of impending doom for a couple of days now.

I literally feel, as if the world is coming to an end, if we do indeed have an Obama win.

It is disconcerting to know, that he somehow managed to hoodwink a huge part of the nation and is subsequently rewarded with the gold.

Fucking ubelieveable!

It will be the poor folk who voted for this guy who get burned worst. I'm looking forward to seeing the spin that accompanies that. :badgrin:

We as a nation ...

Think about it ... if he doesnt win possible riots
if he wins and is assassinated possible riots

The possibilities are high!

It is the mentality of people like yourself that cause riots. Think about what you have said ... and pray that you are wrong and not just trying to incite and recruit fellow "rioter's". You can call people "assholes" if you wish ... but take a look in the mirror and you will see a big asshole looking back at yourself.

What group do you belong to? The KKK or are you just a "skinhead" wannabee? :eusa_eh:

There's no doubt Reagan was a great president. He killed communism with his Star Wars program. Perhaps you were too young to remember.

Bush, with all his faults and I am no Bush fan, we have not a terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11/02. He deserves credit for this and now that it looks like Obama will be president, I guess I will be buying myself a gas mask. He's too friendly with the arabs for him to do a decent job of defending our country from terrorists.

Sister, if you can make lemonade out of Bush you need your own TV show.

I'm old enough to remember JFK's win, and I believe that Ronald Reagan is perhaps the most overrated man in American history.

Reagan didn't kill communism .. huge right-wing myth. The Soviet Union was collapsing when Reagan took office. Much information on this.

From my perspective, Reagan was a terrible president and America is still feeling the aftershocks of his attack on unions, the effects of the neocon horde who first assembled under his administration, he ushered in his voodoo economics that led to the worst reccession since the 1930's, plunged GDP, jobs, and revenues - all of which were positive when Reagan took office, left massive federal deficits, tripled the federal debt, real wages were down, and poverty incresed by 20%.

He illegally sold arms to the Iranians, lied about it .. then when he was busted for it, claimed the sale was part of a deal to free American hostages.

The firing of air traffic controllers, winnable nuclear war, trees that cause pollution, Elliott Abrams, ketchup as a vegetable, public housing cutbacks, Argentine fascist generals, tax credits for segregated schools, "homeless by choice," Manuel Noriega, falling wages, "constructive engagement" with apartheid South Africa, the invasion of Grenada, assassination manuals, drug tests, the S&L scandal, silence on AIDS, food-stamp reductions, Ed Meese, Donald Rumsfeld, massacres in El Salvador, $640 Pentagon toilet seats, William Casey, Iran/contra, Robert Bork .. on and on.

The great Ronald Reagan

Last edited:
I don’t think we are “doomed” per se, but I will admit that a lot of the Obama / Carter analogies strike a chord with anyone who knows anything about the Carter years. I don’t think the Carter years “doomed” America any more than Regan saved it, but the Carter years were not a prosperous time.

Forum List

Back