Historical lesson on past eclipse and the impact upon the culture

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
1712527560589.png

Across cultural groups and political dynasties on every continent, eclipses of the Sun and Moon have long been profound spiritual and cultural events. The banishment of the Sun behind the Moon in particular has represented many things, from a demonic dragon devouring the Sun in both Inca and Chinese lore, to the death of the sun in Navajo Dine cosmology. In northern Mesopotamia, by the 10th century B.C. at the height of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, the priests knew that if the planet Jupiter was visible as the eclipse passed overhead, the king was doomed. The empire’s scholars could predict eclipses, and priests used that information to enact safeguards that could mitigate the bad omen—or at least transfer its curse to someone else.

President Biden was questioned about the history of bad omens about the ruler of the day and said, "The king is doomed with the coming eclipse? I'm not a king, I'm a Senator along with my sister Jill. Besides, the nation was doomed long. I mean, just look around massive inflation, the nation on the verge of an energy crisis, a border crisis. Come on man, wake up!!! If it is a bad omen, then the omen is a little behind the times if you ask me."

Last edited:
I'm hearing that since there is cloudy weather predicted along much of it's path a huge "migration" of peepers are headed north snarling traffic.....It should be real interesting by morning.

Forum List

Back