I really pissed a cop off this morning

I was very proud of the fact that I had gone since 1987 without being pulled over, but that all changed last week. I live in a very rural mountain area and went to town (population 497), and was pulled over by a cop.

He couldn't of been older than 21, and had a large tribal art tattoo from his elbow to his wrist. Anyway, he said he pulled me over because he noticed I wasn't wearing my seat belt, though I was, and had it on when he walked up to the window. In no time at all two other cop cars pull in. Boredom is rampant in a small town. In the end I was given a ticket for no registration because the registration was not in the glove box. I was not given a no seat belt ticket. The next day I took the registration to the sheriffs office and they tore up the ticket.

Four days later while on my way home the exact same cop pulled me over. He said this time he had pulled me over because he thought the license plate on the front was from another state. WRONG!

I have long hair, tattoos, and wear an earring and it sure seems like some profiling going on in my case.

The lesson learned here ....

Always run out for coffee filters while wearing your pajamas and bunny slippers. :lol:

Maybe the cop just found out his wife was cheating on him or something. Bored perhaps. Or like Two Thumbs posted ... he needed to fill his quota.

If it were me, I would've Jedi-mind tricked the cop into letting me off with a warning. I've been pulled over for one reason or another probably a dozen times in my life. I've only been ticketed 3 times.
I gotta perfect that Jedi-mind trick thing.

In reality, the failure to pay attention is almost as good as a warning. Doesn't go on my record, no points, but I do have to pay a fine. I can do that.

Yup.

Nothing pisses off a cop more than thinking he's nabbed a criminal and finding out he's wrong.

I know two people who had their residences searched (with warrants and everything) and in both cases they said they were shocked by how pissed off (and rude) the cops got when they didn't find the drugs they were sure were there. In one case, the guy had a huge salt water fish tank and some neighbor tipped off the cops thinking he had a grow lamp. The other was the wrong apartment number.
Yup. Crazy shit.

I am glad that it is protocol that back-up be called when there is suspected drunk driving. Whew. At least he had more of a level head.

I'm not anti-cop but it seems that it takes a special personality to do the job. And, sometimes that personality is too much to do the job effectively, IMO. As long as I know that and keep my head, I should be OK, but this was a bit close.

Cops are given great resoponsibility and authority.

Over time some forget the responsibility part and concentrate on the authority.
And that is the scary truth.

Yup. Crazy shit.

I am glad that it is protocol that back-up be called when there is suspected drunk driving. Whew. At least he had more of a level head.

I'm not anti-cop but it seems that it takes a special personality to do the job. And, sometimes that personality is too much to do the job effectively, IMO. As long as I know that and keep my head, I should be OK, but this was a bit close.

They have to deal with some of the biggest assholes in our towns everyday and still attempt to maintain a level of professionalism.
That's a hell of a lot to ask.

I have long hair, tattoos, and wear an earring and it sure seems like some profiling going on in my case.

That'll do it.

I'm as clean cut looking as it gets. Many years ago, in my more rebellious youth, I didn't completely stop at a stop sign, most likely because I was trying to light my pipe. :eusa_shifty: Got pulled over, did my best to exhale out the passenger window, but was sure I was in deep deep shit. Cop looked at me and based on my appearance concluded I was a stand-up citizen and let me off with a warning.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

They have to deal with some of the biggest assholes in our towns everyday and still attempt to maintain a level of professionalism.
That's a hell of a lot to ask.
Really, I do understand that. In fact, I am on the Citizens Advisory Council for the county cops. We feed them on holidays when they have to work, try to act as liaisons between them and others, etc. (In fact, I am pretty sure the second cop recognized me).

The problem is, my understanding that is not as important as their understanding that.

I thought you said you were not speeding!!!
6a00d8341c858253ef00e54f1db73b8834-640wi.jpg

You're lucky. If I was the cop I was have maced you just cause I'd be that kind of an asshole cop. You're lucky you didn't get a speeding ticket. If the cop was really an asshole and pissed off, he would have given you the more expensive speeding ticket.

You should always carry donuts in your car for times just like this.

I'll never forget this.

When me and my brother were in our teens we were drunkenly staggering up the road one evening making a bit of harmless noise. The local constabulary pulled-up and took no time at all in arresting us. When we got back to the station they pinned us against the cell wall and repeatedly knee'd us both in the balls/nuts until we threw-up, thus clearing our stomachs of any potentially life-threatening vomit that we could've choked on whilst we slept it off in the cells.

An unfortunately memorable story. To this day I still can't decide whether to praise their actions or resent them and their ilk eternally.

This is what happens when the fucking cops become the revenue arm of the state.

They will go above and beyond probable cause to write a ticket.

Last edited:
This is what happens when the fucking cops become the revenue arm of the state.

They will go above and probable cause to write a ticket.

Couldn't agree with you more. They are the revenue arm for sure. Innocent till proven guilty is laughable at best. In this country you are arrested and put in jail before hiring an attorney or seeing a judge. You have to make bond to get out, than if you are proven not guilty in court you do not get the bond money back. It's a win win scenario for them always.

never talk to a cop...when he ask what you thought.....say nothing....tell him he pulled you and you are waiting for the reason.....never volunteer anything...
My response is 99.99% of the time "No, Officer. Why did you pull me over?" But I'm always polite, courteous and thank them for doing their job.

I once read a book titled (something like) 'a speeder's guide to avoiding tickets' that was written by a retired NY state trooper. There was a ton of good tips in there that I've been putting to good use ever since.

I got pulled over for doing 57 in a 55 on Christmas.

I was polite, even after he asked me out of my car and did the sobriety test.

Then he began his lecture, in the fucking cold and wind.

I stopped being polite.

I once read a book titled (something like) 'a speeder's guide to avoiding tickets' that was written by a retired NY state trooper. There was a ton of good tips in there that I've been putting to good use ever since.

In your case the chapter on sexual favours must've been revisited more often than the other tips on avoiding highway-related sanctions.

'Blow into this hard, son. Yeah, that's my boy.'

Last edited:
I got pulled over for doing 57 in a 55 on Christmas.

I was polite, even after he asked me out of my car and did the sobriety test.

Then he began his lecture, in the fucking cold and wind.

I stopped being polite.

I hate the lectures by cops. It's not their job to do so. Leave it to the judge.

I've currently got EIGHT, count 'em, EIGHT cases against cops for police brutality. Every one of them legit. This is already a bit of a cop-bashing thread...I dont want to add more rancor to the discussion, but I must say, anyone who believes that it's just a SMALL group of cops who treat people badly is sorely mistaken.

Forum List

Back