I really pissed a cop off this morning

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
Really, I did.

I woke up at 5:01 AM. I'm in my car by 5:07 AM because I need to run to the 7/11 for some coffee filters. Not really happy about that, but oh well.

Of course, there is little traffic on the road because of the hour and the early birds who are out there are mostly going in the direction opposite of me for morning rush hour.

I'm going around a curve and I realize that I am lollygagging a bit, so I give my car more gas. In reality, I'm not really lollygagging, I'm just going the speed limit. But, everything is relative. ;)

As I round the curve, I notice the headlights of a car parked pointing the opposite direction that I am going. The word 'cop' flashes through my mind, so I slow down. As I come abreast of the parked car, sure enough, it's a cop.

Damn.

But, I don't see him pulling out in my rear view mirror and a sigh of relief comes over me. But, that is short-lived. The flashing blue lights catch my eye, but I think maybe he is going after the guy behind me and continue on my merry way.

Nope. It's me he is after. I pull over and he asks me why I think he pulled me over. Being the honest perp that I am, I say speeding. Well, that wasn't good enough for him. He starts shining his flashlight in my eyes and giving me an inquisition as to where I am headed, what I am doing, where I live, why I am going this way, yadayadayada. Again, being the honest perp that I am, I tell him where I live, that I am going to the 7/11 to get coffee filters because I am out of them, etc.

Apparently, he didn't believe me. He asks me to do a field sobriety test. Inside I chuckle a bit, but I don't argue and do it. Of course, I pass.

But, still that's not good enough for him and he is visibly becoming agitated with me. He asks me to do a breathalyzer. I do and the results clearly piss him off more. (Zero point zero zero).

At this time, I'm getting a bit concerned and hope that the back-up he called for gets there soon. As soon as I think that, the back-up does show up. The new cop introduces himself and asks me what the problem is. I think it's a bizarre question, but I tell him that apparently I was speeding and I am waiting for the cop to give me a ticket. (The first cop is in his car).

This guy asks me the same sort of stuff. He asks me if I have been drinking. I say no, but that I really would like a cup of coffee.

Anyway, long story short, the first cop never spoke to me again. The second cop gave me a ticket for failure to pay attention rather than a speeding ticket, which was cool. And the second cop apologized to me.

So, that's pretty cool, too.

The first cop seemed a tad bit disappointed. :cuckoo:

Yup.

Nothing pisses off a cop more than thinking he's nabbed a criminal and finding out he's wrong.

I know two people who had their residences searched (with warrants and everything) and in both cases they said they were shocked by how pissed off (and rude) the cops got when they didn't find the drugs they were sure were there. In one case, the guy had a huge salt water fish tank and some neighbor tipped off the cops thinking he had a grow lamp. The other was the wrong apartment number.

Your lucky he didn't ask for proof of citizenship. lol

In Indiana the State cops have started to buy white pick up trucks that look exactly like Department of Transportation workers with the lights and all. since you are suppose to only do 40 mph or slower when you come up on them at work I expect a lot more tickets to be written. They will also be looking for people texting and all that.

Maybe it was the crazy look in your eyes that made him think you were inbibing

Yep, you pissed him off because it flew in his face how biased his opinion was.
Anyone out at 5:00 in the morning,speeding must be drunk.

Last edited:
The cop apologised?!

Quick somebody call Ripley's Believe it or Not.

Apparently truly CIVIL servants are not so mythical as unicorns.

Seriously, you ought to call his superiors to praise that cop for doing his job and NOT being a complete jerk while doing so.

Really, I did.

I woke up at 5:01 AM. I'm in my car by 5:07 AM because I need to run to the 7/11 for some coffee filters. Not really happy about that, but oh well.

Of course, there is little traffic on the road because of the hour and the early birds who are out there are mostly going in the direction opposite of me for morning rush hour.

I'm going around a curve and I realize that I am lollygagging a bit, so I give my car more gas. In reality, I'm not really lollygagging, I'm just going the speed limit. But, everything is relative. ;)

As I round the curve, I notice the headlights of a car parked pointing the opposite direction that I am going. The word 'cop' flashes through my mind, so I slow down. As I come abreast of the parked car, sure enough, it's a cop.

Damn.

But, I don't see him pulling out in my rear view mirror and a sigh of relief comes over me. But, that is short-lived. The flashing blue lights catch my eye, but I think maybe he is going after the guy behind me and continue on my merry way.

Nope. It's me he is after. I pull over and he asks me why I think he pulled me over. Being the honest perp that I am, I say speeding. Well, that wasn't good enough for him. He starts shining his flashlight in my eyes and giving me an inquisition as to where I am headed, what I am doing, where I live, why I am going this way, yadayadayada. Again, being the honest perp that I am, I tell him where I live, that I am going to the 7/11 to get coffee filters because I am out of them, etc.

Apparently, he didn't believe me. He asks me to do a field sobriety test. Inside I chuckle a bit, but I don't argue and do it. Of course, I pass.

But, still that's not good enough for him and he is visibly becoming agitated with me. He asks me to do a breathalyzer. I do and the results clearly piss him off more. (Zero point zero zero).

At this time, I'm getting a bit concerned and hope that the back-up he called for gets there soon. As soon as I think that, the back-up does show up. The new cop introduces himself and asks me what the problem is. I think it's a bizarre question, but I tell him that apparently I was speeding and I am waiting for the cop to give me a ticket. (The first cop is in his car).

This guy asks me the same sort of stuff. He asks me if I have been drinking. I say no, but that I really would like a cup of coffee.

Anyway, long story short, the first cop never spoke to me again. The second cop gave me a ticket for failure to pay attention rather than a speeding ticket, which was cool. And the second cop apologized to me.

So, that's pretty cool, too.

The first cop seemed a tad bit disappointed. :cuckoo:

The first cop was disappointed because he couldn't get a drug or alcohol bust out of you. Those always look good on their record.

Yup.

Nothing pisses off a cop more than thinking he's nabbed a criminal and finding out he's wrong.

I know two people who had their residences searched (with warrants and everything) and in both cases they said they were shocked by how pissed off (and rude) the cops got when they didn't find the drugs they were sure were there. In one case, the guy had a huge salt water fish tank and some neighbor tipped off the cops thinking he had a grow lamp. The other was the wrong apartment number.
Yup. Crazy shit.

I am glad that it is protocol that back-up be called when there is suspected drunk driving. Whew. At least he had more of a level head.

I'm not anti-cop but it seems that it takes a special personality to do the job. And, sometimes that personality is too much to do the job effectively, IMO. As long as I know that and keep my head, I should be OK, but this was a bit close.

If it were me, I would've Jedi-mind tricked the cop into letting me off with a warning. I've been pulled over for one reason or another probably a dozen times in my life. I've only been ticketed 3 times.

never talk to a cop...when he ask what you thought.....say nothing....tell him he pulled you and you are waiting for the reason.....never volunteer anything...
Yeah. I told my guy about the situation and he freaked. He said the same thing you did and made me promise never to do that again.

Yup.

Yup. Crazy shit.

I am glad that it is protocol that back-up be called when there is suspected drunk driving. Whew. At least he had more of a level head.

I'm not anti-cop but it seems that it takes a special personality to do the job. And, sometimes that personality is too much to do the job effectively, IMO. As long as I know that and keep my head, I should be OK, but this was a bit close.

Cops are given great resoponsibility and authority.

Over time some forget the responsibility part and concentrate on the authority.

Forum List

Back